Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Just Found This Posted Over on IMGUR (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79572)

White64Goat 12-21-2014 07:46 PM

Just Found This Posted Over on IMGUR

1 Attachment(s)
Hope it's not someone on the forums...............

Attachment 98784

Luuuuuccccccyyyyyyy, joo is got some splainin to dooooo.......

http://imgur.com/gallery/cCg5pYv

Fareast auto part 12-21-2014 07:50 PM

Got to protect the car somehow.

dem00n 12-21-2014 08:18 PM

I'd be glad someone dedicated their time to make my own little parking spot.

Tcoat 12-21-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fareast auto part (Post 2064468)
Got to protect the car somehow.

Lucky it was just chalk! Could just as well be spray paint, keys, a boot to the door, deliberate bumper hi...the list is endless.
Then some asshat would be on here say'n "some douche keyed my car for no reason".
Protecting your car is one thing being a total asshole is another. If that was a BMW everybody here would be saying how big a jerk he is.

DarkSunrise 12-21-2014 10:47 PM

I agree with the chaulk commentary.

GT86drifter 12-21-2014 10:49 PM

he got off lucky

Rampage 12-21-2014 11:27 PM

Parking like that is an open invitation for some auto abuse. I get wanting to protect your car but that is not a smart way to go about doing it.

Poodles 12-21-2014 11:42 PM

I'll just leave this here...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP30mhqmnQ"]SPRAY PAINTING CARS PRANK!! - YouTube[/ame]

pushrod 12-22-2014 12:02 AM

Dipshit in the Infiniti Q by 4 also parked improperly. All's fair.

themadscientist 12-22-2014 05:30 AM

I would caution folks on both sides of the issue. Don't be a **** and doublepark. Somebody WILL do something and you won't like it. Don't be a vigilante and do something like that video. Somebody WILL do something and you won't like it. Being right never stopped an ass whooping.

pushrod 12-22-2014 08:13 AM

I once double parked my Pathfinder at a Costco because there was two spots that were both half full of shopping carts (10+ in total). When I got back, the carts had all been recovered, leaving my vehicle in a similar position to the twin in the original post.

Double parking is rude/stupid/cocky/etc, but anyone that thinks they're entitled to vandalize a car or threaten the owner needs to check themselves.

DantKR 12-22-2014 09:43 AM

If you are worried about your car. Park in no mans land. Otherwise if it's busy, don't fucking take the car that you think is worth more than it's actually worth.

Dadhawk 12-22-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poodles (Post 2064646)
I'll just leave this here...

Just because it washes off doesn't mean it's not still vandalism. There are two wrong acts in these videos. One is the work of a self absorbed jackass committing a crime, the other is someone not being considerate parking their car correctly in a private lot where it is NOT illegal to take up two spots. (In most places its illegal on a public street/lot but not in a commercial privately owned parking lot).

There are lots where the lines are so narrow I can't park my Suburban without being in some portion of two spots (or even three if I perfectly center it). Obviously not a problem with the FR-S. That's why I always park in an end spot with any of my cars unless there is absolutely nothing else available.

cjd 12-22-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 2064843)
I once double parked my Pathfinder at a Costco because there was two spots that were both half full of shopping carts (10+ in total). When I got back, the carts had all been recovered, leaving my vehicle in a similar position to the twin in the original post.

Double parking is rude/stupid/cocky/etc, but anyone that thinks they're entitled to vandalize a car or threaten the owner needs to check themselves.

Uhh... that's not double parking. I'm not sure it's clear just how much less frustrating parking across two spots is to those of us that live in the city. :) Though I fully agree with your sentiment re: vandalizing.

The FedEx driver fumbling for his stylus and getting honked the other day here was double parked and blocking all traffic too! The street is usually full of parallel parked cars both ways, so he had to park next to already parked cars... which is double parking. Not this "ego too big to fit between the lines" crap.

Given the presumably low probability people have chalk on hand, the pic in the OP may have been a self-defined space, intended to give the local grumpy folks enough satisfaction they don't do anything else... and a FRS owner the smug satisfaction of getting away with taking up too much space for no good reason.

I suppose living in the city may have me slightly more tolerant of the inevitable dings and scratches. I'm waiting for someone to join me in the back seat when they decide I didn't need to stop at that stop-sign after all!