Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should i sell my Toyota 86? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36116)

CSI:86 05-10-2013 11:34 AM

Should i sell my Toyota 86?

Hi everyone,

I am seriously considering selling my Toyota 86 now.

I am currently 27, work as a court prosecutor. I was recently divorced and have a 2 yr old girl, that i share joint custody. My first car was a 1999 DC2 Honda Integra Type R that i left stock and sold for a 2004 Toyota Celica. I had that car throughout my law degree at uni for about 5 years. Did some performance mods to it. Got married a yr after that. Sold the Celica, bought a brand new BMW x5. Then i bought a Lexus is350 for myself. Got divorced. Ex wife gave birth. Ex wife got the x5 in the divorce agreement, even though i paid for it all. Sold the is350, bought a 370z. Got into another relationship with a girl that has an orange Toyota 86. Sold the 370z. Bought a white Toyota 86.

Reasons i want to sell the 86:

- Lack of power, i am used to higher powered cars
- Practicality
- Considering a bmw 335i 4 door or audi s4

Reasons i dont want to sell the 86:

- I love the looks of the car
- ITS TOO FUN TO DRIVE!
- Fuel consumption
- My partner and i make a good couple :D

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

EDIT:

Hi everyone,

I really appreciate all the comments! Im sorry about the long life story. My life story has been influential in me buying a 370z when i got divorced to mask my insecurity and depression and in buying the 86 when i implusively purchased it because it made me smile like no other car.

Even if some of the comments were hurtful, i forgive. All love! :)

I have decided to NOT sell the car. And decide to finish off my bolt on build with a tune to add more power. My partner will dump me if i sell it, and most importantly my kid loves the car as well.

Once again, thanks for all the comments!

zaptorque 05-10-2013 11:36 AM

So you're asking a bunch of 86 enthusiasts if you should sell your 86?

cnk 05-10-2013 11:37 AM

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what anyone on some forum tells you to do. You're an adult. . .decide what you want and make your own decisions based on what fits your needs/wants.

Trap63 05-10-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSI:86 (Post 924583)
Hi everyone,

I am seriously considering selling my Toyota 86 now.

I am currently 27, work as a court prosecutor. I was recently divorced and have a 2 yr old girl, that i share joint custody. My first car was a 1999 DC2 Honda Integra Type R that i left stock and sold for a 2004 Toyota Celica. I had that car throughout my law degree at uni for about 5 years. Did some performance mods to it. Got married a yr after that. Sold the Celica, bought a brand new BMW x5. Then i bought a Lexus is350 for myself. Got divorced. Ex wife gave birth. Ex wife got the x5 in the divorce agreement, even though i paid for it all. Sold the is350, bought a 370z. Got into another relationship with a girl that has an orange Toyota 86. Sold the 370z. Bought a white Toyota 86.

Reasons i want to sell the 86:

- Lack of power, i am used to higher powered cars
- Practicality
- Considering a bmw 335i 4 door or audi s4

Reasons i dont want to sell the 86:

- I love the looks of the car
- ITS TOO FUN TO DRIVE!
- Fuel consumption
- My partner and i make a good couple :D

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

The better option is change girls but never cars....;) girls come and go (as money)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadewbj 05-10-2013 11:41 AM

Do what you want. If you don't like the car sell it. If you do like the car keep it. Simple.

Wes 05-10-2013 11:43 AM

If its power you need, just put in more money I'm sure you can make it faster
but ultimately up to you since you'll be the one to have to live with the choice at the end

CSI:86 05-10-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnk (Post 924593)
Honestly, it really doesn't matter what anyone on some forum tells you to do. You're an adult. . .decide what you want and make your own decisions based on what fits your needs/wants.

I don't know what i want right now. Thats why i would like anyone on the forum to shed some light. Whether anyone has had the same experience and how they cope and resulted.

DarkSunrise 05-10-2013 11:46 AM

Personally, I would not sell this car for something heavier like an S4 or 335i. But I also have a GTI on the side for when I need a bigger car (usable rear seats, more cargo space, etc.)

If I could only have one car, I'd probably have kept my STI hatch or bought an Evo X GSR.

leon78 05-10-2013 11:51 AM

You already bought the car...and you want us to re-sell it to you?

If your ego needs a boost b/c you drive a slow car...you will get over it....I did.
(i.e. its more fun to drive then my previous faster cars.)

OrbitalEllipses 05-10-2013 11:52 AM

Sounds like poor financial management.

naikaidriver 05-10-2013 11:55 AM

Just a tip, don't volunteer such an in-depth insight into your private life if its not relevant. Its awkward. You're back-story doesn't have any bearing with your reasons to sell or keep your 86 unless you're worried about money.

Cars are just like any other possession. (or women for that matter) if it doesn't make you happy anymore, trade it in for a better model.

Scott

marky 05-10-2013 11:58 AM

My suggestion is keep the car since your GF drives a 86 and you have one too I'm sure this relationship will last longer then your ex:burnrubber:

Ask for selling the car. I think you answered your own question:bellyroll:

I have driven higher HP cars love them..but there's just something about a light weight car with enough power to push it around :burnrubber:

GNS 05-10-2013 12:01 PM

TMI

Sell your car, never look back. Buy a Civic, it suits you better.

Sco2355 05-10-2013 12:03 PM

I think you should convert it to a "Scion" and let me buy your Toyota parts!