Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FT-86 Competition / Track model mentioned in EVO Car Of The Year Issue (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226)

Axel 12-13-2009 06:19 PM

FT-86 Competition / Track model mentioned in EVO Car Of The Year Issue

content removed

TRDMAN 12-13-2009 06:26 PM

awesome the cheaper one will have better brakes.

GT 12-13-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDMAN (Post 5869)
awesome the cheaper one will have better brakes.

lol those were my thoughts as well.

OldSkoolToys 12-13-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

one source close to Toyota told us that a special low-frills competition version will sell for less than $22,000 and be specially set up for racing with stiffer suspension and beefier brakes. The same model will be used for drifting competitions.
I like this a lot....

A WHOLE lot.

Power windows, door locks, traction control, GPS, on-board computer system thingy need not apply. Luxaries I've lived without since I got rid of my Supra (well, the power options that is) and luxaries I can continue to live without.

Its like getting an awesomer gift for x-mas than you wanted.
"Oh sweet! Its the [thing here] I wanted so badly!"

"Yeah, and it doesn't have all the special crap you didn't want anyways AND comes with a sportier suspension /brake setup AND was $5000 dollars cheaper!"

"HELL YEAH!"

They should bring back the old slogan with this car:
"I love what you do for me, Toyota!"

4agze 12-13-2009 10:26 PM

I wonder this "WORLD'S BEST DRIFTING CAR" will it have a good stock steering angle? AE86 was also well known to have a good turn ratio

USMCMike 12-14-2009 06:06 AM

Quote:

one source close to Toyota told us that a special low-frills competition version will sell for less than $22,000 and be specially set up for racing with stiffer suspension and beefier brakes. The same model will be used for drifting competitions.

I just came. It's a mess, I need to go clean.

Ricepuddin 12-14-2009 01:18 PM

Axel i have to say you find some kick as articles... Thumbs up to you!

GT 12-14-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCMike (Post 5876)
I just came. It's a mess, I need to go clean.

LOL :laughabove:

S2KtoFT86 12-14-2009 04:11 PM

Sounds awesome, much like the R-Spec Genesis from Hyundai. I'm also intrigued by Honda getting the CR-Z into racing. Have to wait and see what happens with that. :thumbsup:

USMCMike 12-14-2009 05:35 PM

They need a strait tuner model for the CRZ, get rid of the electric motor, drop about 500lbs and lets get it on. I mean the CRZ is basically the complete opposite of the CRX.

It's heavy, unfocused, has an electric motor (all cars with electric motors have no soul), and basically doesn't excite like the old CRX did. Here's hoping they drop a Si version that fixes all these problems.

4agze 12-14-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCMike (Post 5884)
They need a strait tuner model for the CRZ, get rid of the electric motor, drop about 500lbs and lets get it on. I mean the CRZ is basically the complete opposite of the CRX.

It's heavy, unfocused, has an electric motor (all cars with electric motors have no soul), and basically doesn't excite like the old CRX did. Here's hoping they drop a Si version that fixes all these problems.

CRZ already have the mugen edition still have the electric motor, I dont think the CRZ will have a all gasoline powered performance motor, rumor has it honda will drop the type-r badge dont know if its true or not but thats sad. Personally the type-r badge put honda on top of tuning world sad to see it go.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/09/a...cr-z-by-mugen/

S2KtoFT86 12-14-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4agze (Post 5885)
CRZ already have the mugen edition still have the electric motor, I dont think the CRZ will have a all gasoline powered performance motor, rumor has it honda will drop the type-r badge dont know if its true or not but thats sad. Personally the type-r badge put honda on top of tuning world sad to see it go.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/09/a...cr-z-by-mugen/

Wow, that would indeed be a very sad day for Honda. Hope that doesn't happen. Just because it's a hybrid, does that mean that a K20 or K24 wouldn't work without major modding?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axel (Post 5887)
I especially liked this comment on the CR-Z :)

That's extremely sad, given Honda's FWD prowess they showed in the 90's. :cry:

Rotarydisciple 12-14-2009 08:45 PM

I can't wait to buy this car! I just heard the bad news in regards to the rotary engine. they are saying that they may not produce another rotary because of the fuel consumption and also the target performance that Mazda had in mind.

GT 12-14-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotarydisciple (Post 5892)
I can't wait to buy this car! I just heard the bad news in regards to the rotary engine. they are saying that they may not produce another rotary because of the fuel consumption and also the target performance that Mazda had in mind.

Rotary engine? Do you mean Flat-4 because I don't see any mazda in this thread (other than the mention to the low centre of gravity in the first post).