Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What will happen after tommorow? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2442)

mkivalex 11-29-2011 03:59 PM

What will happen after tommorow?

This forum has been my water and bread lately, its the first place I go when I get online, I spend time at work I shouldnt be browsing the forum looking for the latest update(like right now).

But after all this overwhelming information, constant leaks, and now finally the official production reveal of the car, what will happen now?

There will be no more rumors to discuss, no more arguing over weight, if it should be turbo or not(although I am sure those arguments will continue)

What are your thoughts?

Discuss...

bambbrose 11-29-2011 04:00 PM

A long ass wait....

Giccin 11-29-2011 04:02 PM

We go back to what we've done before.

Either..
a) talk about what we wanna do to our cars..
b) give advice to people who want to buy a house
c) are we waiting for different specs?
d) Zombies
e) We'll talk about how shitty the economy is some more
f) aliens
g) sports
h) lolcats

tripjammer 11-29-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkivalex (Post 82694)
This forum has been my water and bread lately, its the first place I go when I get online, I spend time at work I shouldnt be browsing the forum looking for the latest update(like right now).

But after all this overwhelming information, constant leaks, and now finally the official production reveal of the car, what will happen now?

There will be no more rumors to discuss, no more arguing over weight, if it should be turbo or not(although I am sure those arguments will continue)

What are your thoughts?

Discuss...

Thursday come!

:happyanim:

Then Friday...

Zaku 11-29-2011 04:05 PM

hmm? We still have Detroit and don't forget the cars will travel with the show, DC's show is after Detriot I'm going to go see them then. And then we'll talk about 1million and 1 things and qq about how we couldn't get our hands on one either BRZ or FRS, then praise the person that does get it first. Then watch the members increase and Meets start to happen :)

oh and 2 years later... STI and more HP for all models FML to all that got it early LOL jkjk

Abflug 11-29-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giccin (Post 82699)
We go back to what we've done before.

Either..
a) talk about what we wanna do to our cars..
b) give advice to people who want to buy a house
c) are we waiting for different specs?
d) Zombies
e) We'll talk about how shitty the economy is some more
f) aliens
g) sports
h) lolcats

This! :happy0180:

Snoopyalien24 11-29-2011 04:07 PM

Lol we will be doing this every time they want to refresh the line. And that's after we see people video reviewing the cars (in english), members showing off their new cars, working to find how to fix common issues (if any).

Then soon, this forum will become popular enough to attract many sponsors, so we can get discounts. Then when that happens, we can compare the best aftermarket goodies.

Meanwhile we wait for it to be officially test-drive-able (another thing we can talk about), we can see the manufacturers that want to get involved with this car.

Discuss
argue
?????
profit

Levi 11-29-2011 04:08 PM

Forum Shut Down

WingsofWar 11-29-2011 04:11 PM

my prediction, after tomorrow shortly after (1-2 months) some major tuning houses will receive word that they have been selected to be part of an early development project to produce aftermarket support for buyers upon launch.

What we will see is an onslaught of information regarding tuning and aftermarket parts. From;
Mines
Trust/Greddy
HKS
Brembo/Stoptec/Wilwood
Powerhouse Amuse
Zero Sports
Cusco

and big name aero kit companies will try to get on this ASAP. or is already in sketch plans already like I am, getting it ready for molding and test fit for the first month at launch.

Zgrinch 11-29-2011 04:14 PM

Price/options....at least until those are revealed.

Snoopyalien24 11-29-2011 04:15 PM

Oh, and probably wait for the North American International Auto Show in Detroit too, right?

mkivalex 11-29-2011 04:18 PM

I cant wait to sit in it at the Toronto international auto show, I dont think I will get out of it until they tell me I can drive it home.

Username 11-29-2011 04:19 PM

We will still be waiting for the price till early next year anyway. So I will be checking the site looking for price leaks daily.

Spaceywilly 11-29-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsofWar (Post 82716)
my prediction, after tomorrow shortly after (1-2 months) some major tuning houses will receive word that they have been selected to be part of an early development project to produce aftermarket support for buyers upon launch.

What we will see is an onslaught of information regarding tuning and aftermarket parts. From;
Mines
Trust/Greddy
HKS
Brembo/Stoptec/Wilwood
Powerhouse Amuse
Zero Sports
Cusco

and big name aero kit companies will try to get on this ASAP. or is already in sketch plans already like I am, getting it ready for molding and test fit for the first month at launch.

One the articles mentioned that some Tuners have already received pre-production models and will have them to show at TAS

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...toyota-86.aspx

Quote:

In fact Toyota held a presentation of the car for members of the Nippon Auto Parts Aftermarket Committee (NAPAC) a few weeks ago, probably releasing technical drawings, measurements and so on to allow tuners and parts manufacturers to get a head start in the development of the first few upgrades. With the 86 going on sale in Japan in March/April I bet some "pre-production" cars have already been given to the biggest tuners out there so that a few show cars can be prepared in time for the 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon in January.