Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Initial Issues / Problems (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10927)

JDMSushi 07-07-2012 06:14 AM

Initial Issues / Problems

Hey guys, thought I'd bring this up as its bound to happen. Have had my car for a week now and although I love it to death, thought id give you some feedback to things which ive found might not be right;

1. Filling up petrol - have done three tanks in this car now, every single time I fill up im having the petrol spit out once it hits around 3/4 tank!? Literally 100ml of it all over my hand and the car. Really wierd. Is anybody else getting this?

2. Gears / Gearbox - Finding that 1st > 2nd and 3rd > 2nd is hard to engage. Has been like this since I left the dealership, however seems to be worse when its cold (especially with the way the weather's been here in Sydney)

Ako 07-07-2012 06:33 AM

I've filled mine up twice now and no problems.

The gearbox is a little notchy and I have problems engaging 1st on cold startup (not everytime but I have noticed it). I've done 600km's now and the gearbox seems to be freeing up a little.

DriftEightSix 07-07-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMSushi (Post 301090)
Hey guys, thought I'd bring this up as its bound to happen. Have had my car for a week now and although I love it to death, thought id give you some feedback to things which ive found might not be right;

1. Filling up petrol - have done three tanks in this car now, every single time I fill up im having the petrol spit out once it hits around 3/4 tank!? Literally 100ml of it all over my hand and the car. Really wierd. Is anybody else getting this?
Nope filled up twice and hasn't happen to me.
2. Gears / Gearbox - Finding that 1st > 2nd and 3rd > 2nd is hard to engage. Has been like this since I left the dealership, however seems to be worse when its cold (especially with the way the weather's been here in Sydney)

I have this issue tooo!!! Thank god I am not the only one!! Damn its hard in the morning!! But notice it all the time :s i thought it was my bad driving....but i am trying really hard not to make it happen always have the clutch 100% enganged ... might ask my dealer about this. (wasn't that bad for the demo car which had 600+ kms on it) my car now has more than that demo car and I am still having issues :s

Z86 07-07-2012 06:36 AM

I filled up yesterday. I thought it clicked early, then realised its only a 50L tank... thats going to suck, I hate filling up. But it didn't spit any fuel. Dunno if it matters, was BP ultimate fuel/pump.

JDMSushi 07-07-2012 06:44 AM

What 50L ?! su

I filled up like 35L this morning with multiple clicks at a slow rate (after it spilled) when it was basically on absolute empty once I arrived.

As for the gearbox, def needs to be adressed.

450hp/tonne 07-07-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMSushi (Post 301090)

Same as another vehicle I drove. It was still there at 700km, but no issue by 3000km. Take care of it (no gear crunching), test it again before your first scheduled service (not 1000km) and report if still a problem.

sbxjap 07-07-2012 06:52 AM

Just in case, get the car checked. Someone already had their car towed to the dealer. Seems that it came from the factory with no transmission fluid. It shouldn't be a common thing, but why risk it.

DriftEightSix 07-07-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMSushi (Post 301109)
What 50L ?! su

I filled up like 35L this morning with multiple clicks at a slow rate (after it spilled) when it was basically on absolute empty once I arrived.

As for the gearbox, def needs to be adressed.

Yes this car has a 50L tank... if your car was empty and you put 35L in the car and it made it to the Full line... go see your dealer on monday that shit aint right!

tibsy92 07-07-2012 07:50 AM

It appears when the fuel dial shows empty you actually have 10L left. dealer said its normal.
Gearbox is a little annoying on 1 & 2 and its hard to flat shift. I checked it out and realised I had NO TRANSMISSION FLUID.. don't understand why, dealer said maybe they forgot so filled it up.. its ok now, done 1900km's on it so break in period is over for me :)

JDMSushi 07-07-2012 07:57 AM

No transmission fluid?! Thats ridiculous. By the way was it you I spotted today in Marrickville?

DriftEightSix 07-07-2012 08:07 AM

wow no fluid?!!?1?

How can I check mine!? :D

tibsy92 07-07-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMSushi (Post 301147)
No transmission fluid?! Thats ridiculous. By the way was it you I spotted today in Marrickville?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftEightSix (Post 301152)
wow no fluid?!!?1?

How can I check mine!? :D

Probably was, I was meeting up some mates to do a uni assignment at petersham, I have green P's tho.

I'll post up pics whilst I'm at work tomoro how to check trans fluid. Joy of working part time security, you can mod yur 86 on the job :)

DriftEightSix 07-07-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tibsy92 (Post 301161)
Probably was, I was meeting up some mates to do a uni assignment at petersham, I have green P's tho.

I'll post up pics whilst I'm at work tomoro how to check trans fluid. Joy of working part time security, you can mod yur 86 on the job :)

lol nice!!

Look forward to this!!!

Thanks heaps.

#87 07-07-2012 08:55 AM

I had some small problem with first being difficult to engage at times. I have been double clutching when going to first and haven't had an issue since. And 1-2 shift is a small bit notchy but only when cold. Other than that no issue.