Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   FR-S / BRZ vs.... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Annoying Mustangs (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25414)

Mburolla 01-01-2013 06:20 PM

Annoying Mustangs

Why do Mustang owners with their big V8 engines insist on racing me (FR-S) at every stop light? Yes, you will beat me every time, congrats on your straight line pedal-to-the-metal driving skills. Please keep in mind, there's more to life than 0 to 60. But if it makes you happy to race a car that is completely out of your class, feel free to stomp away. I enjoy the sound of a good exhaust note.

Celica00 01-01-2013 06:23 PM

some people only care about 0-60. they buy muscle cars. just let them think they're the gods of everything.

OrbitalEllipses 01-01-2013 06:26 PM

I had an old 5L Stang sitting next to me at a light, waiting for the left turn arrow. He was revving the whole time and then dumped the clutch into the turn after I passed him when the light turned green.

HotLava 01-01-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mburolla (Post 638186)
Why do Mustang owners with their big V8 engines insist on racing me (FR-S) at every stop light? Yes, you will beat me every time, congrats on your straight line pedal-to-the-metal driving skills. Please keep in mind, there's more to life than 0 to 60. But if it makes you happy to race a car that is completely out of your class, feel free to stomp away. I enjoy the sound of a good exhaust note.

Because going in a straight line is all they know how to do. Yes, some guys track their Mustangs, but most drag race as their form of competitive motor sports. My prior car was a 2005 Mustang GT with 5 speed manual. It was fun to pass five cars going up an uphill on ramp redlining it in 3rd gear. But it's just as fun to hit turns at high speed with the FR-S. It's just a different thrill.

Lonewolf 01-01-2013 06:30 PM

Let them waster their gas. Besides, they'll be the ones getting a ticket as you cruise on by...

Many Mustang/BMW drivers seem to have quite the complex based on personal experience...

mact 01-01-2013 06:31 PM

They think they look real cool, but in reality people are secretly laughing at them.

JDMenrique 01-01-2013 06:31 PM

Out of their class in a straight line perhaps cuz the 300hp V6 needs a specific track package to beat us where it actually matters. And that's us still rolling on Prius tires.

Celica00 01-01-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf (Post 638199)
Let them waster their gas. Besides, they'll be the ones getting a ticket as you cruise on by...

Many Mustang/BMW drivers seem to have quite the complex based on personal experience...

I think BMW and Infiniti have been giving me the most grief. closely followed by riced out civics. like they have something to prove or something idk

TheFRSChick 01-01-2013 06:35 PM

I HATE MUSCLE CARSSSSSS !! with a PASSION!

Lonewolf 01-01-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celica00 (Post 638204)
I think BMW and Infiniti have been giving me the most grief. closely followed by riced out civics. like they have something to prove or something idk

When I had my DSM it was always riced-out civics and mustangs...I mean always. I still remember when I messed with a gutted-looking eg civic hatch by revving in response to him at a light. He went for it, I left leisurely...he got a ticket down the block :lol:

Mrazn 01-01-2013 06:52 PM

I had a similar experience this past Saturday, a dodge challenger was tailgaiting me for a while, i had to change lanes to get on my freeway to go home. So he zooms on by and i see a cop on a bike pull him over. lols.

Dave-ROR 01-01-2013 06:53 PM

<< has never had a mustang rev on any of my cars.

encity5 01-01-2013 06:53 PM

even if they insist on racing, just dont. issue solved.

let them roar their engines, thats why they got a stang. they like to be loud, even if its going less than 10mph....

bmxbandit 01-01-2013 06:56 PM

so funny to be on so may different car forums reading about all the stereotyping of one car or another.
i've got 2 mustangs (one v6 & one v8) and a camaro ss. i've been a TRUE car enthusiast the entire time. meaning i love all cars and can appreciate them for what they are. i can't wait to add a FR-S to my collection.
so continue to bash but i promise you not all mustang owners are d-bags who think they rule the streets but completely understand where you come from as i catch hell on mustang forums for owning a v6 as well as a chevy. and vice versa on the chevy boards.