Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   CS:GO (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15018)

igorot 08-19-2012 10:23 AM

CS:GO

Its coming out this week and I was wondering if any one here has played competitively in the past in either css or 1.6. I've played in a couple of leagues including cal-i and cevo-p. Looking to do another tourney run with this game with some former teammates as well as looking for maybe 2-3 more to fill in. Anyone else playin? :happyanim:

WingsofWar 08-19-2012 01:44 PM

I played competitively in league clan matches for MLG and ended up ranked 3rd best CS clan in the nation during CS 1.5 and 1.6. I placed 14th as my highest overall player ranking on tiger.

It was sooo long ago though....i dunno if im any good anymore. I managed to beta test CS:GO for the past year, and it was hard to find any real major difference vs Source in terms of game mechanics.

Allch Chcar 08-19-2012 02:48 PM

Not competitively but I remember playing it after it was really popular, shoot, almost 10 years ago. I was on a 28kbps modem so I was terrible. It wasn't unusual to have 10-20 death streaks without a kill.

The Christian gaming clan I was in had a team but I was never that good or interested in improving.

CS:Source came out after I was stuck on satellite internet. But then I abandoned online gaming for a number of years. I still don't have HL2 or CS:Source. So I'd like to get back into it but I dunno if I'm up for a competition.

S2kphile 08-19-2012 02:53 PM

I remember those lan gaming center days and owning noobs with the awp/deagle fast-switch combo or pubbing with shottie/glock(burst) and b-hopping to spawn point killing people who were still buying their weapons. Full of lol's and fun times. Man those were the days.

igorot 08-19-2012 02:55 PM

I cant wait to hear all the cod and bf players complain about cs being a bad game

jarviz 08-19-2012 03:09 PM

I was hooked on both MW and CS when they were released. I thought both series were awesome, but I stopped playing the MW series 'cause it's always the same thing.

waiting for CS:Go now... anybody with any experience running CS on a Macbook Air?

bestwheelbase 08-19-2012 04:16 PM

Haha, I have no idea what any of this means.

This is what it feels like to be approaching 30. :eyebulge:

WingsofWar 08-19-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestwheelbase (Post 389292)
Haha, I have no idea what any of this means.

This is what it feels like to be approaching 30. :eyebulge:

...seriously? im approaching 30...and i know what this means.

if your 29 now..that means all your gaming friends should have been CSing it up at the rise of its production when you were 18, and 20 at the peak of its popularity.

Benzy 08-19-2012 10:36 PM

I am currently playing the "beta" like 3 days before release or whatver, still entertaining.
Add me on steam :)
Moodyb4@hotmail.com
I think that's it, haha.

bestwheelbase 08-19-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsofWar (Post 389595)
all your gaming friends should have been CSing it up at the rise of its production when you were 18, and 20 at the peak of its popularity.

Wow, you're right, I guess it just wasn't on my radar. Funny how that happens.

M-17 08-20-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igorot (Post 389164)
I cant wait to hear all the cod and bf players complain about cs being a bad game

:word:

Nothing can please this new generation.

Anyway, CS was a fun game back then. Its been so long that I can't recall the last time I played CS though.

7thgear 08-20-2012 03:08 PM

i have been playing CS since it's birth years, and to this day spend more time playing it than any other online game.

I'm looking forward to CS:GO because it maintains all the simple elements that the previous versions had while cleaning things up.

also the best part about CS is that people can set up their own servers anywhere in the world without intervention from the proprietor

playing CS from a server located local to me i get pings of 10-15ms, COD and BF3 players will never see this unless they are flat out lucky because EA is an asshole and ruins it for the little guy.

the crew that i play with host Canada's #1 CS:Source server (Toronto Darkly), all in all its been close to a decade of success running as a host

when BF3 came out we tried our best to have a server but not only the cost was astronomical, but the Admin interface was dogshit. EA wants to have their grubby little fingers in everything so we abandoned it. Same with Bad Company 2.

Allch Chcar 08-21-2012 09:56 PM

It's out now. So who's playing it?

Sh4rp 08-21-2012 10:10 PM

How is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD