Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Not So Nice Review (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18416)

Dezoris 09-27-2012 11:28 AM

A Not So Nice Review

I have been in so many cars the past 6 years. Did reviews on most of them.
Frankly, there are so many reviews on the FR-S, I know it is annoying, however here is a different side.

VIDEO REVIEW
http://youtu.be/2TUAtomEhkU

How do you feel about it?

travace 09-27-2012 11:42 AM

i agree with some of what he is saying. he is dead wrong about the way the exterior looks and how people who are not car enthusiasts look at it. its a sexy car and people recognize that. also saying only a hardcore car enthusiast will love to drive this car... also not true at all. this car will change peoples minds if they drive it. its that fun to drive :P... i think the hardcore enthusiast are the most critical. they know better and can recognize the down sides easier.

sho220 09-27-2012 11:52 AM

I managed to make it to 5:50...does it get any better after that?

Tt3Sheppard 09-27-2012 11:53 AM

Problem is most people don't enjoy driving. The past decade or so has been awful for fun cars. All people care about now are interior features, mpg, and how big the car is.

draggin_az 09-27-2012 11:55 AM

it was his honest review and i can appricate that

the biggest complaint (except for the ECU going nuts) was looks and road noise. i think this car is damn sexy and the road noise can be fixed easily with fatmat.

jadewbj 09-27-2012 11:58 AM

I would have to disagree with the look of the car. I have gotten comments from strangers about how the car looks. I had a guy tell me "I didn't know that Toyota made cars like that". He was driving an old beat up sedan, obviously not a car enthusiast.

I also disagree with the interior. I actually like the interior. It reminds me of the old integra type r interiors. In the right color combo the interior goes very well.

Other than that, I agree it is a 25,000 car.

naikaidriver 09-27-2012 12:03 PM

I propose a new drinking game! Every time that he says "um", you have to take a shot!

Seriously though, I certainly do hope he has a day job because he's a terrible car reviewer. He has no camera presence, a foul mouth, doesn't appear to really excel in automotive knowledge, and yet feels compelled to review cars that he has bought on youtube. It seemed that he was trying to pass himself off as credible when he is about as qualified to do video car reviews as I am qualified to pilot the space shuttle.

As far as the content of his review, he's merely rehashing (which he did say) what has been said 1000 times already and adding his "unique style" to it.

Nothing to see here, just some balding middle-class suburbanite with a video camera, internet connection and the belief that people care about what he has to say instead of leaving it to the professionals. I'm stunned I sat through the whole thing to be honest.

Scott

Dezoris 09-27-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travace (Post 463439)
i agree with some of what he is saying. he is dead wrong about the way the exterior looks and how people who are not car enthusiasts look at it. its a sexy car and people recognize that. also saying only a hardcore car enthusiast will love to drive this car... also not true at all. this car will change peoples minds if they drive it. its that fun to drive :P... i think the hardcore enthusiast are the most critical. they know better and can recognize the down sides easier.

I think there are CERTAIN elements of the car that look great of course, namely the front end. But it's easy to see where they cut corners. The thing is most people are heavily attracted to new cars, new models. But that wears off very quickly the more they pop up everywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadewbj (Post 463465)
I would have to disagree with the look of the car. I have gotten comments from strangers about how the car looks. I had a guy tell me "I didn't know that Toyota made cars like that". He was driving an old beat up sedan, obviously not a car enthusiast.

I also disagree with the interior. I actually like the interior. It reminds me of the old integra type r interiors. In the right color combo the interior goes very well.

Other than that, I agree it is a 25,000 car.

Believe me, I like the interior and the reason why is because it is simple and a throw back to the old Hondas and Toyotas. However, it's still well below the quality of cars costing 5k less. That was the point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naikaidriver (Post 463473)

Nothing to see here, just some balding middle-class suburbanite with a video camera, internet connection and the belief that people care about what he has to say instead of leaving it to the professionals. I'm stunned I sat through the whole thing to be honest.

Scott

HAHA you are welcome.

MKIV 09-27-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho220 (Post 463455)
I managed to make it to 5:50...does it get any better after that?

No it just sucks donkey **** even more after that. I want 6 mins of my life back that I wasted staring at this crap.

excited86 09-27-2012 12:48 PM

It is a torture to listen to him speaking, let alone review a car.

Dezoris 09-27-2012 12:48 PM

You don't think it's worth noting that if you want to buy the car and it breaks like many have that you will be waiting 2 months for parts?

sal 09-27-2012 12:49 PM

Horrible review. just what was he getting at? Read my comment on the link and like it guys :p

dabocx 09-27-2012 12:53 PM

While i dont agree with alot of what you said i appreciate the honesty.

I will agree that the interior could be a bit better, i love the design and simplicity but the materials could have been a little nicer. Like the little JDM leather knee pieces and center concole trim exc exc that we are all paying to import from japan.

Also HIDs would have been nice along with at least the option for Xm sat radio.
Its not even avaliable as a dealer installed option -_-

Still i think the car is awesome and theres no car i would have bought over it, though sometimes i regret not buying the STI with its more offroad nature

naikaidriver 09-27-2012 12:54 PM

I would like to take just one more jab at that guy because I just can't seem to let it go.

This guy talks about cars the same way that a man would explain to his wife how he just gave her a VD. "um, well.... uh"

Scott