Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Aftermarket Steering Wheel - Do i need a Boss Hub Kit and a Quick Release? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100223)

MDS86 01-18-2016 08:09 PM

Aftermarket Steering Wheel - Do i need a Boss Hub Kit and a Quick Release?

My friend is selling me his Nardi steering wheel and I'm looking at getting a Works Bell Short Boss Hub, but I'm not sure if I need a quick release or not? I'm pretty new to cars but love the look of the Nardi steering wheel, please let me know what the benefits of a quick release are, thanks!

adamg 01-18-2016 09:00 PM

don't need a quick release.

MDS86 01-18-2016 09:02 PM

Thanks for that! Was freaking out because I didn't want to dish out another 350 bucks, but what function does the quick release serve? Would I be better off in the long run with one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryoma 01-18-2016 09:04 PM

when will you ever need to take off your steering wheel quickly? lol. only reason I can think of is for a show car to hang off their rear view for that race car look

MDS86 01-18-2016 09:05 PM

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure if there was another reason for it. Thanks for that!

ZOMFGAARON 01-18-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDS86 (Post 2513758)
Thanks for that! Was freaking out because I didn't want to dish out another 350 bucks, but what function does the quick release serve? Would I be better off in the long run with one?

Makes it easier to get in and out of bucket seats.

MDS86 01-18-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON (Post 2513769)
Makes it easier to get in and out of bucket seats.

Is it still going to be an issue with a short hub?

ZOMFGAARON 01-18-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDS86 (Post 2513773)
Is it still going to be an issue with a short hub?

Honestly if you're not going for scene points and you don't have bucket seats get a standard hub. I have one and it's fine easy to get in and out of the car similar position to stock.

MDS86 01-18-2016 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON (Post 2513777)
Honestly if you're not going for scene points and you don't have bucket seats get a standard hub. I have one and it's fine easy to get in and out of the car similar position to stock.

You sure? I'd prefer to have it further away from me as I have pretty long arms and I'm pretty tall so I'm pretty far back, you can hardly see me driving through the window ahah, so the standard hub is close to stock hey?

ryoma 01-18-2016 11:14 PM

even with bucket seats, it shouldn't be that hard to get in and out of the car without removing the steering wheel unless you're oddly proportioned. and if you do get a quick release, it will most likely push the steering wheel closer to your body than a normal hub. if you have long arms, a quick release is the last thing you want.

MDS86 01-19-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryoma (Post 2513877)
even with bucket seats, it shouldn't be that hard to get in and out of the car without removing the steering wheel unless you're oddly proportioned. and if you do get a quick release, it will most likely push the steering wheel closer to your body than a normal hub. if you have long arms, a quick release is the last thing you want.

Yeah im definitely not going the quick release, just tossing up between standard or short hub now.

campy 01-19-2016 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryoma (Post 2513761)
when will you ever need to take off your steering wheel quickly? lol. only reason I can think of is for a show car to hang off their rear view for that race car look

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...bpkzm78jpg.jpg

MDS86 01-20-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by campy (Post 2513979)

Yep gotta get the quick release now so the homies know I'm hard