Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Removing square chemical warning sticker? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128265)

TooSlow 06-12-2018 04:56 PM

Removing square chemical warning sticker?

Hi everyone,

I tried searching, but couldn't find an answer, so I figured I'd ask. How did you all remove that white square chemical warning sticker stuck on the driver's side window?

Didn't want to try it yet in case I mess it up, but how did you all remove it? Can I just peel it off without leaving any residue behind or is there a trick to do it?

Leonardo 06-12-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooSlow (Post 3098067)
Hi everyone,

I tried searching, but couldn't find an answer, so I figured I'd ask. How did you all remove that white square chemical warning sticker stuck on the driver's side window?

Didn't want to try it yet in case I mess it up, but how did you all remove it? Can I just peel it off without leaving any residue behind or is there a trick to do it?

Are you seriously asking how to remove a sticker from a window?

If you are serious:
Just peel it off. Then use a rag and rubbing alcohol to remove the glue, if any is left behind.

:popcorn:

tehShirt 06-12-2018 05:05 PM

*Asking for a friend.

Impureclient 06-12-2018 05:54 PM

Do not remove under penalty of law!

Th3rdSun 06-12-2018 06:24 PM

Goo Gone,Bestine,finger nails,razor blade,fire. Any of those will do.

Grady 06-12-2018 06:36 PM

“Asking” for a friend? Kinda like that burning sensation?

If it is on a window, Razor blade then some type of solvent if needed.

humfrz 06-12-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooSlow (Post 3098067)
Hi everyone,

I'm curious, what is it warning about?

Carefully, if the windows are tinted on that side.

humfrz

TooSlow 06-12-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3098162)
I'm curious, what is it warning about?

Carefully, if the windows are tinted on that side.

humfrz

I think it is a CA thing. Prop 65 which says that any chemical known to cause health issues in consumer products must be labeled and displayed with a clearly visible posting. I'll take a picture tonight and post it.

TooSlow 06-12-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady (Post 3098123)
“Asking” for a friend? Kinda like that burning sensation?

If it is on a window, Razor blade then some type of solvent if needed.

Never tried razor blade on any window. Won't that leave scratches on the window?

Tcoat 06-12-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooSlow (Post 3098171)
Never tried razor blade on any window. Won't that leave scratches on the window?

Keep it flat and level and all is good. My guess is it is just a temp sticker anyway so wait for a nice warm day and just peel it off. If it leaves a bit of gummy residue behind use the sticky part of the sticker to pull it off. If it leaves some paper and glue behind grab some GooGone. Don't bother messing around with alcohol or other solvents.

TooSlow 06-13-2018 12:17 AM

Here's a pic of the sticker. Pretty large. Tried to remove it yesterday, but is not coming off easily. Will use the advice of everyone who responded. Thanks!

(My first ever post with pictures. Hope this comes out. If not sorry, I'll have to figure how to import pics in the near future.)

https://i.imgur.com/CTa9MRA.png
https://i.imgur.com/hHyT7Dx.png

Ultramaroon 06-13-2018 12:47 AM

Fucking prop 65. That's hilarious. I'd leave it there for spite.

Mr.ac 06-13-2018 02:08 AM

Wow. For reals? ah good old Bay Area folks.
Never a dull moment.
Keep on keeping on.

humfrz 06-13-2018 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooSlow (Post 3098271)
Here's a pic of the sticker. Pretty large. Tried to remove it yesterday, but is not coming off easily. Will use the advice of everyone who responded. Thanks!

(My first ever post with pictures. Hope this comes out. If not sorry, I'll have to figure how to import pics in the near future.)

Thanks for posting that sticker.

YIKES! No wonder California is broke …… wasting their time with bull shit like that ….. :sigh:

humfrz