Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Is there a thread for 'people doing stupid things in their brand new car' thread? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7863)

Symbiont 06-05-2012 12:46 PM

Is there a thread for 'people doing stupid things in their brand new car' thread?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUNywnlZ5d0"]DTA SCION FR-S DOING HER FIRST BURNOUT - YouTube[/ame]

Surge101 06-05-2012 07:10 PM

I cringed a lot looking at that.

uspspro 06-05-2012 07:40 PM

wow... neighbors must love these guys

bimmerboy 06-05-2012 07:58 PM

yep- this is the new civic si folks, get used to it..

HotLeopardMama 06-05-2012 08:40 PM

OMG, that poor car. :paddle:

ahausheer 06-05-2012 09:38 PM

Those guys are stupider than their clothing company.

Godzilla35 06-06-2012 05:16 AM

repost but I agree.... and they're local to me.
sweet move, but seriously... in a small area, broad daylight, with people, cars, dog, etc. AND in a brand new car AND from my local dealership = fail

... I wear DTA clothes too -___- but it was to support Gush.

Asterisked Accolade 06-06-2012 10:00 AM

I've never understood the point of a burnout (aside from before making a pass at the strip).

Hanakuso 06-06-2012 01:30 PM

Bad thing is he lives in the same area as me and i'm scared someone will mistake me for this idiot. Good thing is the local junkyard will have some spare parts just in case I need something for my FRS. I'm guessing this car is wrecked by now

ShoNUFF 01-20-2013 11:02 AM

Sorry guys but that was pretty awesome. Who cares if he messes up his own car.

_hollywood 01-20-2013 11:13 AM

Isnt this the whole point of the car? I see nothing wrong with this video, besides skipping the break in procedure lol

Beyer Subaru 01-20-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _hollywood (Post 677041)
Isnt this the whole point of the car? I see nothing wrong with this video, besides skipping the break in procedure lol

At the track-yes
On public streets in broad daylight - no

There's nothing wrong with burnouts or stupid maneuvers in a controlled environment.

When you leave a controlled environemnt, you are putting yourself(driver), friends(passenger, camera man) and strangers(pedestrians, cars parked or moving, neighbors) at a huge risk of harm or misfortune.

Not to mention property damage and burnout marks that are out front of your house until the street gets paved again.

If it was at the track, I'd laugh with you. On the street, I'm laughing at you and waiting for you to get yours.

campy 01-20-2013 11:46 AM

The last track I was at actually had a no-burnout rule, so you can't even do this at the track haha

To be totally honest, I kinda give him credit for handbrake sliding the car 180 degrees on that narrow, steep street. I was expecting him to take out the camera guy or another car.

_hollywood 01-20-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyer Subaru (Post 677075)
At the track-yes
On public streets in broad daylight - no

There's nothing wrong with burnouts or stupid maneuvers in a controlled environment.

When you leave a controlled environemnt, you are putting yourself(driver), friends(passenger, camera man) and strangers(pedestrians, cars parked or moving, neighbors) at a huge risk of harm or misfortune.

Not to mention property damage and burnout marks that are out front of your house until the street gets paved again.

If it was at the track, I'd laugh with you. On the street, I'm laughing at you and waiting for you to get yours.

Probably why you drive an automatic brz, wouldnt want to have too much fun now, honestly he wasnt going that fast most teenagers texting are more dangerous than this guy...:iono: