Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Buying your FRS/BRZ in Mid A area. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795)

Zaku 12-09-2011 06:36 PM

Buying your FRS/BRZ in Mid A area.

So we have our price estimation going on for the FRS and BRZ, refer to general sections of each to see the EST by different reviewers.

So they are both sitting at an Estimated price of 25K.

So what can we expect from our Area Dealers? What kind of markup do you think will be in between Virginia Dealers and Maryland Dealers. I don't even want to buy a car in DC. Will you all still purchase this car even at this price point?

for me...25K is really pushing it. Anyone got any connections with any dealers here within the MID A area that is willing to do a good deal for like say Group?

I Saw the Californians getting in on that was thinking about our side of the country.

ap5512 12-10-2011 11:07 AM

I own a 2011 Mitsu Outlander Sport which I bought earlier this year and I bought it from Stholman Mitsubishi here in Tysons Corner. At this dealership they also have a Subaru and Volkswagen dealership (it's small though). I recommended my best friend to the same sales guy and he also was surprised how much he was able to haggle and walked away with a huge smile on his face. I am pretty sure if we wanted to we could approach a group buy and get a good deal. PLUS, I am sure no sales guy would ever want to turn down 3-5 sales in one day.

BUT since the sales guy I had worked for Mitsubishi I am not sure how much pull he can have with Subaru even though all those cars manufacturers are under the Stohlman automotive umbrella. I am pretty sure I can call him up and ask him what he can do for us!

So let me know who all is interested (besides us 3 usual suspects) and I can stop by or give him a call.

Zaku 12-10-2011 11:19 AM

Hahaha that's funny a mitsubishi buy selling a subaru XD but awesome! I sure hope the BRZ isn't too expensive over our estimation. anyone getting limited? Or we all getting premium?

Any any one got connections with Scion just in case?

goldenfri 12-11-2011 11:39 AM

When I had a WRX years ago I bought it new from Annapolis Subaru. They were really great to deal with and are active on NASIOC. They gave me a tour of a whole facility and I got my car for cheaper that they were selling used at Carmax. When I do buy one (probably going to wait until the 2nd model year) and if I go with the BRZ I will be giving them my business for sure.

ap5512 12-12-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenfri (Post 95655)
When I had a WRX years ago I bought it new from Annapolis Subaru. They were really great to deal with and are active on NASIOC. They gave me a tour of a whole facility and I got my car for cheaper that they were selling used at Carmax. When I do buy one (probably going to wait until the 2nd model year) and if I go with the BRZ I will be giving them my business for sure.

This also seems good. I think once we are decided how many people are in we can shop around to get the best deal...maybe regardless of what we get (Premium vs. Limited). I am leaning more towards the Premium edition but I wouldn't mind planting myself on some Leather/Alcantara seats.

Zaku 12-12-2011 10:59 AM

I might have to settle or make the better financial.decision to get a FRS unless somehow BRZ cost aren't that.high and I get a good loan interest or take on a second job. But I hope you guys don't mind if I can't join in on Subie deal and get a Scion.

ap5512 12-13-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaku (Post 96449)
I might have to settle or make the better financial.decision to get a FRS unless somehow BRZ cost aren't that.high and I get a good loan interest or take on a second job. But I hope you guys don't mind if I can't join in on Subie deal and get a Scion.

Well I think we all were leaning towards the Subie for the extra features the FRS will not have but in reality I think as long as we all get the barebone specs of the car (power, handling, SOUL) we should be fine. Obviously, it's hard to make any decisions final right now since we dont know how much exactly these things will MSRP at.

As I've said previously, I want the subie for the interior aesthetics. Beyond that the car is the same. I'm not sure if the tires on the Subie will be better than the ones on the FRS (I think they are the Prius ones) and also if these tires are All-Season/Weather. I prefer performance tires and I feel Subie will offer that. I've had both types of tires on my S2000 and I can definitely say the performance tires are WAYYY better and a lot more fun to drive with.

I believe we find out the exact numbers next month at the Detroit auto show.

Zaku 12-13-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap5512 (Post 97262)
Well I think we all were leaning towards the Subie for the extra features the FRS will not have but in reality I think as long as we all get the barebone specs of the car (power, handling, SOUL) we should be fine. Obviously, it's hard to make any decisions final right now since we dont know how much exactly these things will MSRP at.

As I've said previously, I want the subie for the interior aesthetics. Beyond that the car is the same. I'm not sure if the tires on the Subie will be better than the ones on the FRS (I think they are the Prius ones) and also if these tires are All-Season/Weather. I prefer performance tires and I feel Subie will offer that. I've had both types of tires on my S2000 and I can definitely say the performance tires are WAYYY better and a lot more fun to drive with.

I believe we find out the exact numbers next month at the Detroit auto show.

I hope so but i hear that we still might not hear anything about price till spring :-(

Homemade WRX 12-13-2011 01:54 PM

I'll probably be driving the truck and trailer home to Perry to pick mine up. Annapolis is good choice too but I have years of business with Perry, both with friends/family buying cars and me buying parts for my company. So I'm hoping I can coax some 'special' pricing. I'll have them sell a spare engine as well.

After all, this one will be coming back to the shop, getting tossed on the lift and waving the warranty good bye. Yippy for R&D test mule :)

Zaku 01-12-2012 12:47 PM

Who signed up for FIRST 86? Just wondering since last time I checked the 4 or 5 of us that's here all went BRZ.

OrbitalEllipses 01-13-2012 02:16 PM

I signed up for the First 86 and "won", though Fitzgerald Subaru had no idea what I was talking about when I called to put my deposit down.

Zaku 01-13-2012 02:44 PM

Congrats! What color?and dealer?

OrbitalEllipses 01-13-2012 02:59 PM

Raven, (which from what I could tell was a metallic black) from Fitzgerald Scion of Gaithersburg. I accidentally said Fitzgerald Subaru in my last post, whoops.

Zaku 01-13-2012 03:15 PM

Awesome take picture and stuff when you get it :)