Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Trunk will not open (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38289)

BAE 06-04-2013 11:25 AM

Trunk will not open

My trunk won't open either from the remote or the button inside the car. I have to fold the backseats and open it from the inside. Anyone else experienced this problem? I will drop by Subaru when I get time for them to have a look at it.

supramkivtt2jz 06-04-2013 11:31 AM

Sounds like a simple relay. I doubt it will be a common problem with many people

DatDudeLoso 06-04-2013 11:32 AM

Open the trunk. Look to the left corner inside the trunk, there's a button. Push it , try again.

nos145 06-04-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatDudeLoso (Post 980338)
Open the trunk. Look to the left corner inside the trunk, there's a button. Push it , try again.

Beat me to it.

Also, read the manual b4 posting plz.

JRoldy 06-04-2013 12:15 PM

and in case this happens again, there is a key cylinder on the trunk as well, its just not out there in the open for everyone to see, its actually located underneath the little garnish piece where a trunk release button SHOULD be, you'll see it, its more on the right side.

Wo6M 06-04-2013 12:20 PM

Yep , this problem is usually caused by shifting objects in the trunk hitting the button on the left.
It's pretty exposed button. If you can open it via the convenient means , use the trunk cylinder with your key to manually open it and then press the button . Check for correct operation and you should be good to go!

Side note, my dealer actually took the time to point out this issue ...

Stay Frosty my friends~

BAE 06-04-2013 12:35 PM

:thanks:

It worked after I pushed the button. I also found the key cylinder for the trunk and found out there is actually a key inside my remote.
Thanks a lot guys! Saved me a trip to the dealer.

Wo6M 06-04-2013 12:38 PM

Your welcome! That's what the community is here for !
Feel free to ask any future concerns as we would all help you out.

Stay Frosty
~

dsgerbc 06-04-2013 12:45 PM

Next time look through the stickies.

bcj 06-04-2013 01:06 PM

Search pretty much reeks here.
I did an advanced search for "VIN".
It came back with "Sorry, no items. You suck at search."

Sigh-on-Rice 06-04-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAE (Post 980312)
My trunk won't open either from the remote or the button inside the car. I have to fold the backseats and open it from the inside. Anyone else experienced this problem? I will drop by Subaru when I get time for them to have a look at it.

How do you fold the backseats without opening the trunk? The release to fold the backseats is only accessible from the trunk. Just curious.

BTW, you could just use the key to open the trunk also instead of crawling through the folded backseats.

BAE 06-04-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice (Post 980667)
How do you fold the backseats without opening the trunk? The release to fold the backseats is only accessible from the trunk. Just curious.

BTW, you could just use the key to open the trunk also instead of crawling through the folded backseats.

I found out about the key today. I am folding the backseats by pulling the bands that sticks out on each side of the seats.

SubieNate 06-04-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice (Post 980667)

There are slots for the bands to be pulled through so you can open it from inside the car.

Sigh-on-Rice 06-04-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAE (Post 980852)
I found out about the key today. I am folding the backseats by pulling the bands that sticks out on each side of the seats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubieNate (Post 980950)
There are slots for the bands to be pulled through so you can open it from inside the car.

Thanks. I didn't know there is such a thing. :w00t:

That kind of defeats the whole purpose of that little button in the trunk to disable the trunk release though because people can still access the trunk from inside of the car. I don't know what that button is for now. :iono: