Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Valenti Cracked (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123605)

Decep 11-24-2017 11:49 PM

Valenti Cracked

So i noticed my driver's side Valenti tail light cracked, and not sure why.. anyone have any guesses? I did not over torque...barely more than hand tight. it's impossible to see it when the trunk is closed, but when it's open it bugged me. Dont think anyone hit me, if they had my trunk would be screwed up too not to mention bumper. Ended up buying the OEM 2017 tails from someone who switched to valentis. Only thing i did was added ninja gasket and sealant to keep crap from getting into them.

https://imgur.com/a48DJQb

For sale too, if anyone wants! These are the red/chrome.

NRXRaptor 11-25-2017 12:38 AM

Where in california do you live? How long have you had the lights? My best guess is that the plastic responded poorly to thermal cycles and cracked. I can see where my aftermarket headlights rub paint away due to thermal cycling and there might be similar spots on the back of the car too, but it's dark and cold now so I'm not going outside right now

Decep 11-25-2017 01:27 AM

Alameda, about as mild as it gets. Theres not really a winter season here. I visit my mom in the north bay though which can get into mid to upper 20s in the winter on the coldest nights I guess...

humfrz 11-25-2017 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decep (Post 3009335)
So i noticed my driver's side Valenti tail light cracked, and not sure why.. anyone have any guesses? I did not over torque...barely more than hand tight. it's impossible to see it when the trunk is closed, but when it's open it bugged me. Dont think anyone hit me, if they had my trunk would be screwed up too not to mention bumper. Ended up buying the OEM 2017 tails from someone who switched to valentis. Only thing i did was added ninja gasket and sealant to keep crap from getting into them.

https://imgur.com/a48DJQb

For sale too, if anyone wants! These are the red/chrome.

DANG .......Decep ....... now just how long do you stand around looking at your taillights with the trunk OPEN ??........ :iono:

:D

humfrz

thecarfilmer 11-25-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decep (Post 3009363)
Alameda, about as mild as it gets. Theres not really a winter season here. I visit my mom in the north bay though which can get into mid to upper 20s in the winter on the coldest nights I guess...

nice another Alameda member lol. i wonder if ive ran into you before

Decep 11-25-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3009380)
DANG .......Decep ....... now just how long do you stand around looking at your taillights with the trunk OPEN ??........ :iono:

:D

humfrz

lol. i just got the damn things and got them because my stockers were cracked and leaking.

maybe its the principle? :iono:

Decep 11-25-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecarfilmer (Post 3009454)
nice another Alameda member lol. i wonder if ive ran into you before

i've been out here a couple years now. im not a fan of driving on this little island generally...always looking for good roads around here.
its only going to get worse too. dont think ive seen your car around...

see a ton of FT86 brothers and sisters around though!

humfrz 11-25-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decep (Post 3009493)
lol. i just got the damn things and got them because my stockers were cracked and leaking.

maybe its the principle? :iono:

Well, OK ....... lets see a picture ....... before we send the jury out to deliberate on your OCD charge ........:D

humfrz

Decep 11-25-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3009496)
Well, OK ....... lets see a picture ....... before we send the jury out to deliberate on your OCD charge ........:D

humfrz

The pic is in the original post.. hit the link to imgur. ;)

humfrz 11-25-2017 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Decep (Post 3009501)
The pic is in the original post.. hit the link to imgur. ;)

A link .....:eyebulge: Oh, that's sneaky!

OK, I don't see what the big deal is ....... :confused0068:

You must be a millennial ........ if you don't have the ability to fix it, bring it up here and my friend Bubba and he will fix er up for you. :thumbsup:

humfrz

Decep 11-25-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3009502)
A link .....:eyebulge: Oh, that's sneaky!

OK, I don't see what the big deal is ....... :confused0068:

You must be a millennial ........ if you don't have the ability to fix it, bring it up here and my friend Bubba and he will fix er up for you. :thumbsup:

humfrz

Actually that tape is not a bad idea, maybe more of that from the factory would have prevented a lot of leaky tail lights from the factory :laughabove:

humfrz 11-25-2017 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Decep (Post 3009521)
Actually that tape is not a bad idea, maybe more of that from the factory would have prevented a lot of leaky tail lights from the factory :laughabove:

OR...........

Bring your car up here and my granddaughter will fill that void in, with her 3-D pen ........ :thumbsup:

humfrz

NRXRaptor 11-26-2017 02:03 AM

My man I think you're just unlucky