Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fa20club intake (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58495)

almedarj 02-17-2014 07:48 PM

Fa20club intake

Has anyone on here used this intake

xjohnx 02-17-2014 07:52 PM

Have you already purchased it? If not, do a search on fa20club on the forums to make sure you're aware of their reputation as of late before spending money.

almedarj 02-17-2014 11:56 PM

Haven't purchased it. But I was just checking their site and thought this place would be a great place to see if anyone has tried it out

FrsDuke 02-18-2014 12:00 AM

It's a scam business near as I can tell from folks. I don't have first hand experience with them but search around and see for yourself what you think of their products and service

wootwoot 02-18-2014 12:04 AM

Don't buy it. Intakes don't do much on this platform anyway. Support a vendor with a good reputation if you decide to buy one. Use the search function.....

Reaper 02-18-2014 12:19 AM

The owner of fa20club was banned from here for many reasons. Ask frs300 about his car.

Buy a front pipe or a header. Toyobaru did a good job designing their factory intake.

Fizz 02-18-2014 03:10 AM

The factory intake system is very well designed already. If you want to replace it, just wait awhile more and see what Grimmspeed comes up with.

almedarj 02-18-2014 09:12 AM

Cool thanks for the imput im sreaching for an intake because thats the last piece I need before I tune the car also im looking for an intake that would be compatible with the innovatve super charger

mad_sb 02-18-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almedarj (Post 1536621)
Has anyone on here used this intake

I have one i am about to sell (PM me if interested). Not because the tide has turned against fa20club but because I had to smog when I moved to socal and wanted a more stock looking intake.

Works fine. I modified mine a little so it will work with the stock pcv line or without depending which coupler you use. Didn't gain a lot of performance, didn't loose any performance, no issue with fuel trims etc. Sounds really good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by almedarj (Post 1537843)
Cool thanks for the imput im sreaching for an intake because thats the last piece I need before I tune the car also im looking for an intake that would be compatible with the innovatve super charger

fa20club intake WILL NOT work with the innovate.

Bg8780 02-18-2014 09:59 AM

I've been running mine for over 20k mi. I've been very happy with it. Produces a nice sound. I have NO IDEA what has happened with them. Would someone mind elborating on why their reputation took a dive? This is the first I've heard of this. I had a good experience with them as I have their ECUtek tune as well.

Granted, I installed the tune and intake almost a year ago.

But, to answer your question; the stock intake is very good so I wouldn't bother. Also, I have to remove my front bumper just to clean the filter. Intake sounds good and cleans up the engine bay a lot. But just get a filter for now especially if you're going FI anyway.

BRZ? 02-18-2014 10:13 AM

I REALLY like the design of their V2 intake, apparently most people who have one also are happy with it as well. I like how you dont have to spring for a silicone MAF pipe like Perrin kind of forces you to. At $225, it seems like a pretty good deal, they may have a shite rep on these boards but parts is parts...

wparsons 02-18-2014 12:22 PM

^^ Parts isn't parts... look for threads about the terrible quality of some intakes people received.

Basically, they grew too big too fast and Toni couldn't keep up and started making big promises they couldn't keep, led to crap quality and massive delays.

AFAIK, the only CAI compatible with the Innovate SC is the Perrin (both sizes) since it simply replaces the airbox (and associated stuff) but connects to the inlet tube just like stock.

StormTrooper 02-18-2014 12:28 PM

The guy has more than one alias if that tells you anything.....

I'd think long and hard about buying something from them.

Intakes don't seem to do anything but make noise and lean out your afr..... Maybe the second or third generation will have some results.

BRZ? 02-18-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormTrooper (Post 1538280)
The guy has more than one alias if that tells you anything.....

I'd think long and hard about buying something from them.

Intakes don't seem to do anything but make noise and lean out your afr..... Maybe the second or third generation will have some results.

I have more than one alias? Huh?