Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   FT86Motorsports ***Good Canadian Vendor Alert*** (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102742)

go_a_way1 03-11-2016 02:27 PM

FT86Motorsports ***Good Canadian Vendor Alert***

@FT86Motorsports Is a wonderful Canadian vendor to order from. I talk to Sylvain (owner) via Facebook and he always responds quickly. I ordered in some parts that were special order and they showed up much faster then expect. The free shipping is also very nice! There are no duty or fees or BS or any of that either when dealing with FT86motorsports. I plan on doing all my future business with Sylvain, I sure wish he was around 3 years ago I would have saved thousands on shipping and duty and fees. Please keep up the good work!! I cant wait till my next order shows up haha! :cheers:

fumanchu1 03-17-2016 05:32 PM

Let's yell at Sylvain for no reason (ok because he probably has more hp than I do :( )
but yeah ft86motorsports are great and local to me so I buy there as much as I can. I need to buy some jdm air freshners soon when I order my gauges :)

go_a_way1 03-17-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumanchu1 (Post 2586328)
Let's yell at Sylvain for no reason (

hahahahaha I am down :D

@Sylvain <----- click and and see what I did there :lol:

go_a_way1 03-18-2016 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
@FT86Motorsports How come I dont get love like this :(

@ichitaka05 gets love from his vendor :(
Attachment 133556

FT86Motorsports 03-22-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2587188)
@FT86Motorsports How come I dont get love like this :(

@ichitaka05 gets love from his vendor :(
Attachment 133556

It's funny, we actually do this from time to time! I didn't think anyone else did stuff like that :lol:

The love, you surely have some, just not as displayed :party0030:

go_a_way1 03-22-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT86Motorsports (Post 2591952)
It's funny, we actually do this from time to time! I didn't think anyone else did stuff like that :lol:

The love, you surely have some, just not as displayed :party0030:

Hahaha :cheers:

NyC Zn6 03-22-2016 12:25 PM

people can buy parts in Canada and not have to worry about shipping costs...blasphemy

go_a_way1 03-22-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyC Zn6 (Post 2592264)
people can buy parts in Canada and not have to worry about shipping costs...blasphemy

It took many years of oppression but we are finally free from our chains of shipping and duty.

Cole 03-22-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2592277)
It took many years of oppression but we are finally free from our chains of shipping and duty.

Uh, duty is just tax though. I know you albertans don't really understand the concept of tax, though.

go_a_way1 03-22-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 2592754)
Uh, duty is just tax though. I know you albertans don't really understand the concept of tax, though.

No shit we pay 5% hahahaha!!

D_Thissen 03-22-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 2592754)

That's because they aren't Wynning over there.

fumanchu1 03-24-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_Thissen (Post 2592874)
That's because they aren't Wynning over there.

Want to compare shitty leadership? we have all stars here too (in QC)

Cole 03-24-2016 01:34 PM

So, in the past month, I've placed 2 orders with @FT86Motorsports One was for a Mishi radiator and the second was for an exhaust.

I had some questions about the rad so I got in touch with them over facebook, and my biggest gripe was that they didn't reply as soon as I sent the message (was probably between 10-15 minutes from my first message to them, shame on you guys ;)). They answered everything, and recommended the cheaper option, as I was originally split between the Mishi and the Koyo. I placed the order on 16 March and it was delivered on 23 March, so 7 days to get a "special order" item in, which on their site says 10-15, and I believe they told me that was business days. So, pretty good there, especially on an item (I assume?) was coming straight from the Mishi factory. PLUS! This is a huge one for me, when I placed my first order with them back in November or December it was delivered UPS or DHL (honestly can't remember) and I remember I made a point to post in a previous thread made by them/about them of how much I loathe both of those delivery services, for lack of a local pick up for me. I don't know if they've switched entirely to CanadaPost, but it was a nice cherry on top that it was delivered that way. My only real gripe from this order, was that I wasn't provided a tracking number. However, that ended up not being a problem for me, since it was delivered well before the timeline they quoted me.

Second order I placed was this past week on an exhaust. The exhaust wasn't on their site, but it was on FT86SpeedFactory's website. Can't remember if you guys are affiliated though. So, I messaged them yet again on FB about getting one in, they told me to sit tight, and the exhaust would be added to their website shortly. They messaged me back a few hours later at 9:45PM! telling me it was up. Talk about commitment to keeping your customers happy.

With these two experiences alone, the only way I'd order elsewhere is if I can get it significantly cheaper or if they don't have it available. But, it seems that they're extremely competitive with their pricing, most items come out to 5-50 dollars more after exchange from US websites, but when you factor in shipping (which is free for all the orders I've made with them) and duty (which is a non-issue, since they charge sales tax, which is still 9 times out of 10 cheaper than taking a gamble with international items) it's a no-brainer to go with them. In addition to that, I was told that even if it's not listed on their site, they can get pretty much anything and everything.

I also almost forgot, they were still extremely helpful to me even after I got a bit saucy with them in a FaceBook post.

Once again, kudos to your team. I may even be placing another order today!

Edit: Though, like @go_a_way1 said, I wish my box had pretty drawings on it, -5 internet points for not having them

FT86Motorsports 03-28-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 2595862)
They messaged me back a few hours later at 9:45PM! telling me it was up. Talk about commitment to keeping your customers happy.

We are very passionate and our pride and joy is post like these :popcorn:.

Quote:

I got a bit saucy with them in a FaceBook post.

We do not recall this, but nothing is too saucy for any situation,

Quote:

-5 internet points for not having them

Might just get some drawing on your next box.