Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Holiday Presents for your FR-S/BRZ/86 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79229)

phobos512 12-15-2014 09:07 AM

Holiday Presents for your FR-S/BRZ/86

Good morning all!

Wanted to start this thread for people to post up what they got for (please forgive my spelling with respect to holiday names) Christmas / Hannukah / Kwanzaa / Arba'een / Winter Solstice / etc. (no disrespect to folks whose holidays I didn't explicitly mention)...

So, what didya get??

phobos512 12-15-2014 09:08 AM

@Raceseng you guys need special plain packaging for the holidays as I already know one of the presents that came from my parents today - which I cannot wait to install...Maybe I'll break the rules I have and open/install it before the big day haha...

:burnrubber:

AncientCityFRS 12-15-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phobos512 (Post 2056626)
Good morning all!

Wanted to start this thread for people to post up what they got for (please forgive my spelling with respect to holiday names) Christmas / Hannukah / Kwanzaa / Arba'een / Winter Solstice / etc. (no disrespect to folks whose holidays I didn't explicitly mention)...

So, what didya get??

Don't forget Festivus

DarkSunrise 12-15-2014 09:24 AM

My wife bought me/my car a full set of PMU HC+800 brake pads. :thumbsup:

shifter907 12-15-2014 10:02 AM

I bought myself a Tomei Expreme UEL header, Open Flash Tablet, and HKS drop in filter.

LucidMomentum 12-15-2014 12:10 PM

I bought myself hood dampers, a frameless rear view mirror, and T3Q badges for my FR-S this Christmas.

I'd never ask family or friends to spend money on car parts for me :p

Oh also, I want to get a Baymax ornament to hang from my rear view mirror.
Because, and I quote Baymax, "I am not fast!"

8R6 12-15-2014 12:13 PM

cf side skirts and oil change

phobos512 12-15-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucidMomentum (Post 2056790)
I bought myself hood dampers, a frameless rear view mirror, and T3Q badges for my FR-S this Christmas.

I'd never ask family or friends to spend money on car parts for me :p

Oh also, I want to get a Baymax ornament to hang from my rear view mirror.
Because, and I quote Baymax, "I am not fast!"

Christmas lists are something we did growing up and this year I refused to have one because I felt guilty - I wasn't planning on doing anything for Christmas for anyone but my girlfriend. Well, I got yelled at by my Mom, she said it was their right and privilege as parents to be able to buy my brother and I stuff for Christmas and birthdays and there was no reason to feel guilty, and hurry up and provide a list already or else.

So, I did. :iono:

Also, any details you can share on the T3Q badges? They look pretty slick if they're what I think you're talking about from a quick search on here.

Ammunition 12-15-2014 03:06 PM

I also feel too guilty, or awkward asking family to get me car parts since I don't think any of them really understand it. However, with the spending money I usually get for Christmas I'm planning on getting a Blackvue dashcam as it's a mod I've wanted for awhile now, and I know it'll help put me at ease when I leave my car parked, but I just couldn't really justify the cost of it - so I figured this would be a good excuse to drop the cash on it.

I spent an insane amount of cash just a few months ago getting a bunch of mods for my 1 year anniversary of having the car, so I need to be frugal for awhile - especially since I'd like to get a few presents for the people in my life, and not just the awesome machine :)

Happy holidays everyone!

Dadhawk 12-15-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammunition (Post 2056982)
I also feel too guilty, or awkward asking family to get me car parts since I don't think any of them really understand it. ..

I look at it like anything else, its a gift, and something I will enjoy which is the reason they ask what I want.

No different then saying a specific video game, a particular kitchen item or that signed Pink Power Ranger trading card you've always wanted. They don't have to get why you want it, they just need to know it will bring you joy.

My sons suggest things all the time I don't "get", but I know it will bring them joy so I buy it.

Same thing with MomHawk, I don't get why she "needs" another diamond something-or-another. To me, its a relatively common rock with a wierd social "value" added to it, but to her it's a sparkling sign of my affection for her.

Tcoat 12-15-2014 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I know for a fact one thing the wife got me (below) and there is a package that is shaped suspiciously like a rear defuser under (well beside) the tree!

LucidMomentum 12-15-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phobos512 (Post 2056969)
Christmas lists are something we did growing up and this year I refused to have one because I felt guilty - I wasn't planning on doing anything for Christmas for anyone but my girlfriend. Well, I got yelled at by my Mom, she said it was their right and privilege as parents to be able to buy my brother and I stuff for Christmas and birthdays and there was no reason to feel guilty, and hurry up and provide a list already or else.

So, I did. :iono:

Also, any details you can share on the T3Q badges? They look pretty slick if they're what I think you're talking about from a quick search on here.

The main reason I don't ask is because of the cost. I'd rather my parents get me the smaller things like books, movies, or stuff I never knew I wanted instead of the $700 vented fenders or carbon fiber replacement parts for the dashboard. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a supercharger under the tree :thumbup:

As for the retro badges, this guy:

http://instagram.com/pete39sp

Makes them. Around 125$ a set shipped in the U.S. takes about a month or two for him to make it, since he does a lot of them in batches. I just love the retro T3Q logo more than the scion one, and I figured if I was going to debadge to put the Toyota ones on I might as well go with what I really wanted.

He makes the steering wheel cover ones too, but he considers it a safety issue since they're metal. So I didn't go with that. That will be the only scion logo on the car after the new year.

Ultramaroon 12-15-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientCityFRS (Post 2056631)
Don't forget Festivus

Now is the time for airing of grievances. Who wants to start?

Tcoat 12-15-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2057230)
Now is the time for airing of grievances. Who wants to start?

OH sweet lord I can only imagine what that would be like on here!
The two of us (and some of our cohorts) would be screwed!!!!!!