Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Texas Tuners? Or Close By? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36949)

11RApearl 05-19-2013 12:54 PM

Texas Tuners? Or Close By?

Anyone know any tuners in TX or surrounding states? been checking out the forum and havent found any close by, wondering if im missing someone.

dabocx 05-19-2013 12:57 PM

Texas is a massive state so you need to be more specific what area. Regardless theres alot of really good tuners all over texas for anything from ecutuning to installs and full custom builds.

Pick a major city thats close to you and ask in the regional forums.

FR-S Matt 05-19-2013 01:47 PM

New Braunfels has Dynotronics and Sealy has DD Performance Research.

11RApearl 05-19-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabocx (Post 945386)
Texas is a massive state so you need to be more specific what area. Regardless theres alot of really good tuners all over texas for anything from ecutuning to installs and full custom builds.

Pick a major city thats close to you and ask in the regional forums.

Will do. I wasnt being specific on purpose because i am willing to drive anywhere in texas. ill ask in my regional forum, thanks for the advice

FR-S Matt 05-19-2013 02:11 PM

He's tuned quite a few FR-S/BRZ's by now. PM them on the forums here. You should get a response as they are very active.

Speedy000 05-19-2013 02:13 PM

Jorge at JMS is a beast. hit them up.

11RApearl 05-19-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S Matt (Post 945507)
He's tuned quite a few FR-S/BRZ's by now. PM them on the forums here. You should get a response as they are very active.

Ok man thanks for the info!

11RApearl 05-19-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy000 (Post 945508)

Ok thanks man ill look into it

Apollo_1092 05-19-2013 04:31 PM

I went with Dynotronics. They did a fantastic job. Talk to Joe. He'll help you out.

nlp187 05-19-2013 05:34 PM

awdtuning based in dallas

PRORICAN 05-19-2013 06:11 PM

D3PE in Houston!

FeaR-S 05-19-2013 06:22 PM

Dynotronics and awdtuning are the most active...

11RApearl 05-19-2013 07:53 PM

Thanks all for the help and suggestions! Now i just have to figure out who i want to go with for the tune. Thanks alot 86ers!

reyruiz191 05-20-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy000 (Post 945508)

They actually aren't tuning ecutek at the moment. Jorge is still on the fence about picking it up.

OrbitalEllipses 05-20-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyruiz191 (Post 946591)
They actually aren't tuning ecutek at the moment. Jorge is still on the fence about picking it up.

I don't know many Ecutek tuners to begin with, but almost all the local tuners I've spoken to (they do OpenSource and Cobb, some other custom stuff) simply don't want to mess with this car. There's never big numbers in N/A tuning and the complexity of this dual injection system is beyond them; the low returns on N/A tuning turn them off from even wanting to learn.

FR-S Matt 05-20-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 946602)
I don't know many Ecutek tuners to begin with, but almost all the local tuners I've spoken to (they do OpenSource and Cobb, some other custom stuff) simply don't want to mess with this car. There's never big numbers in N/A tuning and the complexity of this dual injection system is beyond them; the low returns on N/A tuning turn them off from even wanting to learn.

Pretty much spot on. Only tuning I am seeing worthwhile is when the header is added into the mix with a full exhaust and intake or a turbo/sc. This engine is pretty complex with the DI system.

Regardless of performance numbers, I think there is a demand for the tuners with the rapid sales of the car. I'd say within another year or two, we're going to see quite a few of the twins on the road. That should be a good incentive for Ecutek tuners to learn the car. Dealers by me can't keep them in stock long enough to show them out in front.

Illusive 05-20-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11RApearl (Post 945490)
i tried to PM DD's but didnt get a reply so i wont be using them.. its been a week or 2 since i first tried to msg them

I do apologize for any lack of response.

I would like to know who and where it was you PM'd so I can track down and try to prevent it from happening again.

Illusive 05-20-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 946602)

I would have to disagree.

It's not any more complex than any other oem dual vvt system. The DI system is not rocket science either. We also have tuned with Cobb, Open source, Greddy, AEM, Pro EFI, Hydra, EFI technologies, Apexi Power FC, Kpro....the list goes on.

EcuTek's software was pretty intuitive and easy to learn.

*KID* 05-20-2013 06:32 PM

I took mine to DDPR... Great guys and great work.

FR-S Matt 05-20-2013 08:35 PM

Do local tuners give free updates over time as the ECU learns the tune more or is that necessary to do after a certain number of miles?

Dynotronics1 05-21-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S Matt (Post 948639)
Do local tuners give free updates over time as the ECU learns the tune more or is that necessary to do after a certain number of miles?

Not sure about anyone else, but our files come with lifetime updates; change an exhaust, etc and send us data, and we will adjust the file and return it to you.

Same for our local customers without a cable, they just need to use one of our loan cables, or schedule an appointment

FR-S Matt 05-21-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynotronics1 (Post 949703)
Not sure about anyone else, but our files come with lifetime updates; change an exhaust, etc and send us data, and we will adjust the file and return it to you.

Same for our local customers without a cable, they just need to use one of our loan cables, or schedule an appointment

Think I'll be paying you a visit when I get the rest of my Nameless system, and header. :thumbsup: