Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Austin (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3630)

2016 Camaro SS 03-29-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottemad123 (Post 2601288)
well after SCCA track night in april, i'm either dumping some more money into the car, or planning for something stupid and european in the next year or so.

I was waiting for the Mazdaspeed 3 and was let down. New Camaro is nice, but not 45k+ nice. I can get a fully loaded Mustang fir 37k that's more comfortable daily driving. The Camaro is a better track car for sure, but visibility is awful.

If I got an 86, I would have to turbo or SC it this time. 300 whp or so is plenty. Wonder if they will ever fix the crickets, lol. Been so many years.

Scottemad123 03-30-2016 11:21 AM

Crickets won't ever get fixed I bet, yay for DI.

Dang Lad 05-13-2016 09:48 PM

Hey all - was wondering where everyone takes their car to get regular service. I was previously taking it to Champion (when it was good) now AutoNation Toyota but they fucked up my car royally the last time, and I need to find a good shop for regular service. I've heard good things about Flamingo (a couple of my friends take their Lotus' there) and Juke Auto. Any other recommendations, or thoughts on those two shops? Thanks!

mx5 2nr 05-18-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dang Lad (Post 2652173)
Hey all - was wondering where everyone takes their car to get regular service. I was previously taking it to Champion (when it was good) now AutoNation Toyota but they fucked up my car royally the last time, and I need to find a good shop for regular service. I've heard good things about Flamingo (a couple of my friends take their Lotus' there) and Juke Auto. Any other recommendations, or thoughts on those two shops? Thanks!

Actually interested to know as well.

My dealer in San Antonio was 10 minutes away & was great for the free oil changes & warranty work I used them for, but since moving to the ATX area, I've been doing everything myself. It'd be good to know a reputable shop/dealer out here. I once went to San Marcos Toyota for a quick oil change, and decided that I'm better off just doing it myself. They gave me stress about barely making it into their bay, never had an issue with the San Antonio dealer (car is lowered about 1.5" at most).

I've got the reoccurring P0351, and spark plug change is coming up. I might try to change the coil myself and attempt the spark plugs, but it'd be nice to have a backup shop in case I don't have the time.

Jyn 05-21-2016 02:11 PM

We have a member that uses Flamingo and she's happy with it. I've gotten work done at Round Rock Scion without much issue.

Spacemane969 07-15-2016 09:34 AM

Hey guys can you point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find out if there are any autox/track events in the area around the weekend of Friday October 21st. I'm trying to plan a trip down there for the F1 race and it would be awesome to have a full race weekend.
Thanks

BostonDave91 03-08-2017 11:26 AM

Looking for local person with an enclosed single car carrier? I'm moving and need a local move

Jyn 05-09-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spacemane969 (Post 2705332)
Hey guys can you point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find out if there are any autox/track events in the area around the weekend of Friday October 21st. I'm trying to plan a trip down there for the F1 race and it would be awesome to have a full race weekend.
Thanks

Check SASCA, SPOKES for AutoX.

ChinTrackDays, TheDriversEdge, NASA, and ClubRegNet for trackdays. The closest tracks are Texas World Speedway in College Station, MotorSport Ranch (MSR) Houston.

Dialkyl 05-09-2017 10:45 AM

There's also Harris Hill raceway for tracks that are close.

http://www.harrishillroad.com/

kpopov 06-10-2017 09:24 AM

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2013 FR-S and this is my first Toyota or a Subaru car. What mechanics / shops in Austin TX have you had good experience with. I have been driving VW's for 15 years and I know pretty well who to take my car to in town, but I have no idea about Scion / Subaru. Any recommendations would be appreciated.