Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Morimoto Headlights (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127461)

Rican_D 06-19-2018 08:30 AM

https://youtu.be/cyWFrg1aHA8
He says that they are the same same xB led projectors they use on other applications. They have videos of those, perfect wide beam pattern.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kevaughan 06-19-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRXRaptor (Post 3087436)
SpecD's don't come with lights. That's why they're so cheap. You have to provide your own. From what info I've gathered their quality control is hit or miss. Haven't heard the same from Morimoto or Intec, at least with regards to headlights

Yup. I'm looking into a no-compromise retrofit for the Spec-D headlights with HID lenses and a whiter more brighter DRL bar. It's going to end up being $1600CAD for me from (GTARetrofits.com).

If I can get myself to like the DRL bar on these intec/coplus/ft86sf LED headlights, I rather get these over the Spec-Ds for hassle-free and plug-n-play solution that's cheaper.

Rican_D 07-19-2018 10:11 PM

A little update, they shipped out the lights today. I'm supposed to be getting them Monday. Hopefully get them installed sometime soon after.

Chimera 07-20-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rican_D (Post 3112355)
A little update, they shipped out the lights today. I'm supposed to be getting them Monday. Hopefully get them installed sometime soon after.

I too decided to get a set. Did yours ship, or did they create the shipping label? My shipping label was created a few days ago, but mine hasn't actually shipped yet last I checked. ��

Nvm, mine now say in transit. ��

shadow_772 07-20-2018 10:55 PM

Looking forward to thoughts on these once you have them in hand

NRXRaptor 07-20-2018 11:13 PM

I beat everyone to it lol. despite my immense driving skill, I collided with someone who didn't want to merge as I was checking to see if I could follow. geico was ok with getting these ones because they cost less than getting refurbished OEM headlight units

my initial impression is that they are functionally superior to the intec versions. beam pattern is much wider. the single projector lens looks better imo than the horizontal one stacked on top of the parabolic reflector. the toggle between sequential and normal is something that should have been there on the intecs. they cost less. I can't confirm if they are brighter or not as I cannot measure lumens. these don't seem to have a cool iridescent uv coating that will degrade within a year, so that's a plus. if anything goes wrong with them I'm pretty sure subispeed will hang me out to dry just like they and intec both did when the uv coating disintegrated. these are also truly plug and play. subispeed falsely advertised the intecs as plug and play but they definitely weren't with my 2016 BRZ. the plus side is that I really like the shop that fixed that for me. I'm pretty damn sure that you need a hyperflash relay with these, as I get hyperflash in sequential mode sometimes but never in normal mode

imo the intecs had some cool plastic doodads in the housing that I could see when I walked up to the car, and the iridescent uv coating was really cool even though it was functionally garbage

overall these are a much better buy than the intecs. I wish I had waited a year. I think you guys will really like your lights

carlovestela 07-20-2018 11:35 PM

Yeah. I ordered mine last july 4 at theretrofitsource

carlovestela 07-20-2018 11:37 PM

Is it much brighter than stock?
Quote:

Originally Posted by NRXRaptor (Post 3112758)
I beat everyone to it lol. despite my immense driving skill, I collided with someone who didn't want to merge as I was checking to see if I could follow. geico was ok with getting these ones because they cost less than getting refurbished OEM headlight units

my initial impression is that they are functionally superior to the intec versions. beam pattern is much wider. the single projector lens looks better imo than the horizontal one stacked on top of the parabolic reflector. the toggle between sequential and normal is something that should have been there on the intecs. they cost less. I can't confirm if they are brighter or not as I cannot measure lumens. these don't seem to have a cool iridescent uv coating that will degrade within a year, so that's a plus. if anything goes wrong with them I'm pretty sure subispeed will hang me out to dry just like they and intec both did when the uv coating disintegrated. these are also truly plug and play. subispeed falsely advertised the intecs as plug and play but they definitely weren't with my 2016 BRZ. the plus side is that I really like the shop that fixed that for me. I'm pretty damn sure that you need a hyperflash relay with these, as I get hyperflash in sequential mode sometimes but never in normal mode

imo the intecs had some cool plastic doodads in the housing that I could see when I walked up to the car, and the iridescent uv coating was really cool even though it was functionally garbage

overall these are a much better buy than the intecs. I wish I had waited a year. I think you guys will really like your lights

Chimera 07-21-2018 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't driven with them yet, or adjusted the lights.

If you get the 6pin to 8 pin adapter, i recommend connecting that the the headlight before putting the headlight in the car, its tight and applying it on the car I cracked the mount on one side of mine from force at an angle probably. its still on there, just wiggles a little now.

carlovestela 07-21-2018 09:29 PM

I thought its plug and play for frs.
Btw are you still using your turn signals at the top of yout foglights?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimera (Post 3112976)
Haven't driven with them yet, or adjusted the lights.

If you get the 6pin to 8 pin adapter, i recommend connecting that the the headlight before putting the headlight in the car, its tight and applying it on the car I cracked the mount on one side of mine from force at an angle probably. its still on there, just wiggles a little now.

Chimera 07-21-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlovestela (Post 3112991)
I thought its plug and play for frs.
Btw are you still using your turn signals at the top of yout foglights?

It is with adapter harness. And yes, I'm using both signals atm.

carlovestela 07-22-2018 10:15 AM

Any plans on disconnecting the lower signal?
Btw. Whats your fog lights?
And your seat cover? Lol
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimera (Post 3113000)
It is with adapter harness. And yes, I'm using both signals atm.

Rican_D 07-22-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimera (Post 3112702)
I too decided to get a set. Did yours ship, or did they create the shipping label? My shipping label was created a few days ago, but mine hasn't actually shipped yet last I checked. ��

Nvm, mine now say in transit. ��

Lol, yeah shipped. Coming in tomorrow.

We need to find ppl who ordered the FT86SF versions, so we can get a comparison going.
[emoji848]

Lakitu 07-22-2018 12:05 PM

They look good, but I prefer the DRLs running along the top rather the bottom.