Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   CAD file for subframes (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154189)

Rex1585 11-05-2023 01:01 AM

CAD file for subframes

I'm looking to see if anyone has CAD files for the front or rear subframes.

I'm probably going to have to make both to work within the design parameters off my project. Let me know what you guys have!

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ML 03-25-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex1585 (Post 3595918)
I'm looking to see if anyone has CAD files for the front or rear subframes.

I'm probably going to have to make both to work within the design parameters off my project. Let me know what you guys have!

Thanks

I looked through onshape and couldn't find anything. did you have any success?

Rex1585 03-25-2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ML (Post 3603286)
I looked through onshape and couldn't find anything. did you have any success?

I've had zero luck even with reaching out to. Q few people. I'm probably going to have to make my own scan and release it to the community

ML 03-25-2024 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex1585 (Post 3603287)
I've had zero luck even with reaching out to. Q few people. I'm probably going to have to make my own scan and release it to the community

I would be interested and can throw some beer money to you if you make it happen. I'm investigating the feasibility of swapping an rx8 front subframe into this chassis and that would help speed it along.

Rex1585 03-25-2024 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ML (Post 3603288)
I would be interested and can throw some beer money to you if you make it happen. I'm investigating the feasibility of swapping an rx8 front subframe into this chassis and that would help speed it along.

Cool. I'll see what I can come up with, my subframe is pretty modified from what it was, but I *might* be able to clean up the scan a little bit to remove what I added.

Luns 03-25-2024 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ML (Post 3603288)

RX8 has a narrower engine bay. I don't imagine the RX8's subframe can fit without major surgery to the body.

This thread killed any fantasies I may have harboured of bolting in a double-wishbone front suspension:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2887287

That said, for what I'm seeing of ToyoRati, the modifications necessary don't seem out of the question.

ML 03-26-2024 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luns (Post 3603312)
RX8 has a narrower engine bay. I don't imagine the RX8's subframe can fit without major surgery to the body.

This thread killed any fantasies I may have harboured of bolting in a double-wishbone front suspension:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2887287

That said, for what I'm seeing of ToyoRati, the modifications necessary don't seem out of the question.

I'm familiar with that build but I didn't realize how close my logic had landed with his. I want to move my k24 that far back and add the double wishbone, but I want to modify the subframe more than the chassis

kask2_6.0 03-26-2024 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex1585 (Post 3603287)

I will have a scan of a stock rear subframe in the next couple of weeks. Ordered a new one the other day to scan for designing some diff swap parts (GM 8.6" or Ford Super 8.8"). I don't have a front subframe but if someone were willing to bring me one I can scan it.

Rex1585 03-26-2024 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kask2_6.0 (Post 3603339)
I will have a scan of a stock rear subframe in the next couple of weeks. Ordered a new one the other day to scan for designing some diff swap parts (GM 8.6" or Ford Super 8.8"). I don't have a front subframe but if someone were willing to bring me one I can scan it.

Send me a message. I will gladly have one shipped to you.

ML 03-26-2024 01:35 PM

I can chip in some money