Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75839)

MrAnthonyC 10-13-2014 10:00 AM

The Walking Dead

Walking Dead season 5 is here!!!

Gonna hopefully start a discussion on this new season. SPOILERS BELOW, so beware! (btw, any way to make spoilers in here using code?)

Episode 1: No Sanctuary
WOW! Man, in my opinion this episode was definitely one of the best. Lots of action, some suspenseful moments, some character backstory, and learning a lot of new information about Terminus and those people. The opening sequence with the trough was pretty brutal. The whole "Then, Now" thing was a new way to tell the story and it felt kinda weird to be honest, but I suppose all new things are received that way to some extent. What do you guys think of the episode?

Some questions I still have:
  1. Did Tyrese actually kill that guy completely or did he leave him to turn? I'm pretty sure he beat him to death, but you can never be sure unless you see a corpse, walking or not.
  2. What did that crazy guy with the face tattoos mean by "we're the same"? My initial thought was that he was saying that his group and the current Terminus group are the same, that they are both bad people. He must have gone crazy in there knowing they are eating everyone he was with.

Episode 2: Strangers
Another pretty good episode..not as crazy as the premier but that is to be expected. Contrary to most, I actually think they will have the TV version of Father Gabriel be a good person overall and that Ricks group will do something to him that they will regret. I don't think he is so much malicious in his intent as much as having done some minor things such as not allow people into his church.

I can't believe they just pushed that rack on those walkers and went on about their business...they are still just as dangerous underwater, if not more since they can't be seen! They can still bite and scratch from down there and cause infection..seems like an oversight for the writers to have them do that without showing them kill them all...i'll assume they did though somehow before they scavenged for the food.

Now..the juicy part..BOB! Wow what a way to (re)introduce the Hunters! Some say he was bitten earlier and thats why he was crying but i'm not convinced they will go that route. Can't wait to see this weeks new episode!

Questions:
  1. Why didn't Daryl question Father Gabriel about Beth if Beth was kidnapped by a vehicle with a cross on it? (was it a church cross or a medical cross though?)
  2. Why was Bob crying?
  3. Why exactly are the Hunters keeping Bob alive? It's also pretty clear that Gareth isn't just doing it for survival at this point..he seemed to revel in taunting Bob as he ate in front of him.

Episode 3: Four Walls and a Roof
I am liking this season so far...nothing has been dragged out. I'm actually surprised they had Bob go the route of the comics, with being infected and the hunters eating the meat. I'm also surprised they completed the storyline of the hunters so soon..I would have thought they would drag them out at least to the midseason finale. I'm very excited to see where they take this season now, since the only information we really have right now is that they will be heading towards DC.

I love that Rick killed Gareth with the red handled machete, just like he promised. What a brutal scene!

Tt3Sheppard 10-13-2014 11:25 AM

How did Terminus survive so long with them shooting AK's from the hip.

Skurge 10-13-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tt3Sheppard (Post 1982090)

i was thinking the same thing, they had horrible aim haha

guess when the world ends, everyone gets all gangster

Special_K 10-13-2014 11:33 AM

Awesome episode. And I'm pretty sure Rick doubled his total body count in like 20 minutes.

Tt3Sheppard 10-13-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skurge (Post 1982096)
i was thinking the same thing, they had horrible aim haha

guess when the world ends, everyone gets all gangster

Hah! Maybe they didn't receive the proper training like Rick's group.

WhiteFRS69 10-13-2014 11:51 AM

pretty awesome start for the season!

the first 5 minutes was NASTY!!!

MrAnthonyC 10-13-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tt3Sheppard (Post 1982090)

I wholeheartedly agree that they need to have the disposable characters be in more realistic situations when it comes to firing and getting away from the walkers. My two recent grips are from "A" (last season finale) where Rick, Carl, and Michonne happen upon the guy in a field getting surrounded by zombies..he had a pretty clear way out..I guess we need to just attribute that death to him panicking. My second was from this episode of course, and it was the guy in the back of the pack of Terminites that Rick kills..he was just shooting at the ground..and even if he wasn't, he was too far behind the group that he couldn't shoot straight even if he wanted to (he would have shot his buddies in the back)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteFRS69 (Post 1982117)
pretty awesome start for the season!

the first 5 minutes was NASTY!!!

Yes overall I loved the episode...nice and action packed. I am looking forward to them developing the characters more in the coming episodes and learning more about Gareth and how they went from owners, to prisoners, to owners of Terminus again.

fantah 10-13-2014 02:32 PM

They waste a lot of bullets at terminus, hip firing hahaha, and man! they apparently had a lot of bullets >.>

Tt3Sheppard 10-13-2014 03:56 PM

I was laughing when that flaming zombie was going after the guy doing a crab walk. I was like just get off your ass you dumb bastard.

Special_K 10-13-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tt3Sheppard (Post 1982437)
I was laughing when that flaming zombie was going after the guy doing a crab walk. I was like just get off your ass you dumb bastard.

^This! That idiot scooted for at least 10 seconds. At first I was yelling "RUN!" then after he kept scooting I was thinking "Good, your ass deserves to get eaten when you won't even use your perfectly good legs."

Chattanooga FR-S 10-13-2014 06:34 PM

Carol = Badass

WhiteFRS69 10-13-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chattanooga FR-S (Post 1982611)
Carol = Badass

im waiting for another episode where we watch him for an hour eat a can of pudding..

but in all seriousness.. the first couple seasons, i hated him, such a little bitch of a kid..

pche 10-13-2014 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hip fire is better than "blind fire"

Dave-ROR 10-13-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteFRS69 (Post 1982649)
im waiting for another episode where we watch him for an hour eat a can of pudding..

but in all seriousness.. the first couple seasons, i hated him, such a little bitch of a kid..

Carol != Carl.