Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I'd rather corner. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93076)

Hoahao 08-09-2015 08:34 PM

I'd rather corner.

Golden age of muscle cars is now

Mark Phelan, Detroit Free Press7:03 a.m. EDT August 9, 2015

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-now/31366901/

raven1231 08-09-2015 08:42 PM

Why not both?

Hoahao 08-09-2015 09:35 PM

Can't use the HP where I'm at.

dem00n 08-09-2015 10:18 PM

Most of those cars on those list do corner well and are meant for the track...

why? 08-10-2015 06:38 AM

I totally discount anything that says these cars are affordable. $60k+ is not affordable.

tennisfreak 08-10-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by why? (Post 2352031)
I totally discount anything that says these cars are affordable. $60k+ is not affordable.

Depends on your status in life I guess.

Anyone who makes $60K+ a year should be able to afford a $60k car.

$60k a year in salary is not very high anymore.

SVTSHC 08-10-2015 11:17 AM

The only thing they mentioned that doesn't corner like an absolute animal is the Hellcat. With 707hp in that challenger or charger body no one really expected them to, it's clearly a car ment for the strip.

I don't know who you are or where you've been for the last decade or so but let me welcome you to the 21st century; muscle cars turn these days and damn well too.

raven1231 08-10-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTSHC (Post 2352183)
The only thing they mentioned that doesn't corner like an absolute animal is the Hellcat. With 707hp in that challenger or charger body no one really expected them to, it's clearly a car ment for the strip.

I don't know who you are or where you've been for the last decade or so but let me welcome you to the 21st century; muscle cars turn these days and damn well too.

But since the 86 is slow in a straight line we must discount that fact.

Tcoat 08-10-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTSHC (Post 2352183)

My old 70s muscle cars would go sideways easy as well.
Oh wait...you mean on purpose. Never mind.

Levi 08-10-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2352207)
My old 70s muscle cars would go sideways easy as well.
Oh wait...you mean on purpose. Never mind.

What is wrong with going sideways? I thought that was the main point about the Twins? And they don't need more power because it is not about being fast forward.

Tcoat 08-10-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi (Post 2352351)
What is wrong with going sideways? I thought that was the main point about the Twins? And they don't need more power because it is not about being fast forward.

Not a thing wrong that is why I have an FRS now. And I don't need more power for the driving I do as it is indeed plenty fast enough going forward for a DD.

My joke was that the modern muscle cars can turn and go sideways just about as well as some of the sports cars.
The old school muscle cars from my teen years were straight line fast only and you almost needed a field to turn them. The only time they went sideways was when you accidently broke traction and they skidded out on you. These were not controlled skids most of the time either.

SVTSHC 08-10-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2352358)
Not a thing wrong that is why I have an FRS now. And I don't need more power for the driving I do as it is indeed plenty fast enough going forward for a DD.

My joke was that the modern muscle cars can turn and go sideways just about as well as some of the sports cars.
The old school muscle cars from my teen years were straight line fast only and you almost needed a field to turn them. The only time they went sideways was when you accidently broke traction and they skidded out on you. These were not controlled skids most of the time either.

The good ol days of asshole puckering unintentional unsophisticated uncontrolled sliding. :cheers: