Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   I think i'm going for the turbo kit. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36296)

Scalzo 05-12-2013 04:07 PM

I think i'm going for the turbo kit.

Alright, so I want to go turbo, i'm leaning towards the FA20club Turbo kit,
Do i get it heatwrapped? thermal?

I have already the turbo manifold from them.

My car has already,
Turbo manifold,
Front pipe/over pipe Agency power catless,
Magnaflow cat back,
FA20club Tune

I use my FRS as a daily driver, and want turbo just for power, I go once in a blue moon to the drag, eventually i'll go once in a while to go drifting or tracking.

How reliable is this kit? Is it good for daily driving?

This will be the last thing for my car since i already have most of the stuff I want, coilovers + wheels :) only thing that is stopping me is;
Do i need to change my clutch/flywheel? brakes?

Silverdub 05-12-2013 04:31 PM

Clutch will hold the power you will be making on 94 octane no problem. Brakes are fine as well

lexusb3 05-12-2013 04:52 PM

i have the FA20club kit and im 7,000 miles in no problem you will love it trust me !!

mashal 05-12-2013 07:34 PM

Fa20club's turbo is designed to run on everything stock.. kit pushes 5.3psi I think. It can push more if you are willing to boost more and then you will need to get a different clutch.
If i remember correctly the stock clutch slips around 300whp.

If I were to go FI, I would go with their kit for sure

PineappleFriedRice 05-12-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexusb3 (Post 929176)
i have the FA20club kit and im 7,000 miles in no problem you will love it trust me !!

You're running on the stock clutch right? No slipping issues?

lexusb3 05-12-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PineappleFriedRice (Post 929397)
You're running on the stock clutch right? No slipping issues?

yes stock clutch for right no and hasnt slipped yet! ill be changing it by the end of the summer!

lexusb3 05-12-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zgrinch (Post 929465)
What whp are you getting and what was your total price?

at 5.3psi to be exact ima making 286whp and 212tq

lexusb3 05-12-2013 08:56 PM

ONLY 5.3psi on STOCK EXHAUST making that power just saying lol

rusty959 05-12-2013 09:31 PM

I don't see what you are trying to get at with long term data/longevity. IMO the most important thing for long life is the tune. The stuff in the FA20Club kit isn't crap. The header and piping should be fine, that stuff is pretty straightforward with either company, no case there. And I don't see how you could say a self-branded turbo would be more reliable than a Garrett. And FA20's bov and wastegate is Tial, so good there. Only one kit adds the complexity of another oil pump.

In conclusion, I don't see where you could say the AVO kit has a chance to be the better value when it is more expensive and doesn't have better components. Who cares about long term data if the parts are up to par.

Scalzo 05-12-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverdub (Post 929140)
Clutch will hold the power you will be making on 94 octane no problem. Brakes are fine as well

Awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexusb3 (Post 929176)

No problems, perfect :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashal (Post 929362)
Fa20club's turbo is designed to run on everything stock.. kit pushes 5.3psi I think. It can push more if you are willing to boost more and then you will need to get a different clutch.

Good to know thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FA20Club.com (Post 929495)
Stephano already contacted me today I have a call scheduled for him tomorrow since today was Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there hug you moms....

Tony is the best when it comes to anything, I bust his balls every day calling him for different stuff! he answered me, even if he was busy with family! I'm excited for tomorrow!

lexusb3 05-12-2013 09:32 PM

i have 6,000++ turbo miles on the car and i just recently within about 2,000 miles ago been dogging the hell out of it and lately its been like 90 degrees.. ya i understand i personally havent been to the track yet but for street use its been doing what its been tuned to do !! lol just saying

Scalzo 05-12-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty959 (Post 929570)
I don't see what you are trying to get at with long term data/longevity. IMO the most important thing for long life is the tune. The stuff in the FA20Club kit isn't crap. The header and piping should be fine, that stuff is pretty straightforward with either company, no case there. And I don't see how you could say a self-branded turbo would be more reliable than a Garrett. And FA20's bov and wastegate is Tial, so good there. Only one kit adds the complexity of another oil pump.

In conclusion, I don't see where you could say the AVO kit has a chance to be the better value when it is more expensive and doesn't have better components. Who cares about long term data if the parts are up to par.

Couldn't agree more :clap:

lexusb3 05-12-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scalzo (Post 929573)

Tony is the best when it comes to anything, I bust his balls every day calling him for different stuff! he answered me, even if he was busy with family! I'm excited for tomorrow!

completely agree!!!!

subatoy 05-12-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashal (Post 929362)

HP has nothing to do with the clutch. Torque does.