Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Can I rant? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122648)

twag4 10-13-2017 05:38 PM

Can I rant?

I am not gonna name the business- but if you are told that a job will be done by a certain date, and it takes way longer, is that ok? I was told by a business that my engine would be completed in May, no later than June. I gave it to them in February for a high power build, along with a sizable deposit. It is now mid October and I cannot get an estimated completion date. (Obviously May and June have come and gone.) I have pics of some work that is finished, but I have literally been without my car since November, and without my engine since February. I chose this builder because they are within a reasonable driving distance (400 miles), and they have a descent reputation. I was originally going to go with another builder that is popular on this site, but it would have involved shipping, and more difficulty in getting tuning. I won’t name names, but I’m at a loss as to what to do or how to proceed. The communication is minimal and lacking in substance, and focus is always put on my choice of wording rathe than the issue of getting my engine done and back. I told them I wouldn’t call them out on the forums, but damn!! Thanks for letting me vent:(

CSG Mike 10-13-2017 06:24 PM

:(

Todd, if you want to get an alternate engine built, depending on how you want it built, we can turn one around for you in as little as 6 weeks from today. Normally it'd be faster but SEMA...

twag4 10-13-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 2991712)
:(

Todd, if you want to get an alternate engine built, depending on how you want it built, we can turn one around for you in as little as 6 weeks from today. Normally it'd be faster but SEMA...

I appreciate the offer, but I have a lot of money tied up in this one now. This is probably a once in a lifetime experience for me. I really don’t have money to do another one right now. I wish I would have just called you to begin with. Thanks again, you guys are great!

Impureclient 10-13-2017 08:17 PM

Why not negotiate an amount to be reimbursed from what hasn't been done yet and move onto another builder who has the time?
Time = money
Isn't your time worth something too? Sometimes you have to even take a loss because in the end it will be worth not dealing with somebody like this.

Yardjass 10-13-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impureclient (Post 2991739)
Why not negotiate an amount to be reimbursed from what hasn't been done yet and move onto another builder who has the time?
Time = money
Isn't your time worth something too? Sometimes you have to even take a loss because in the end it will be worth not dealing with somebody like this.

Yep. It sucks but they're way past an acceptable turnaround time at this point. Pay them for what they've done and get it the heck out of there, and to someone who is actually going to do the job.

mav1178 10-14-2017 06:42 AM

Sorry, things like this are the exact reason why you SHOULD name the business... unless you have some personal ties to them.

Just because you are willing to wait doesn't mean it should be the norm, especially when you are left in the dark.

Ultramaroon 10-14-2017 01:44 PM

...but wait until after they return your engine.

Mr.ac 10-14-2017 02:53 PM

Holy cock blockers Batman!
I can understand being one month late on a high hp engine build, but going on to 5 months? F that.

If it was me I'll go and pick up my engine in what ever condition it was in pay only for what was done and look for another shop to finish it.

Teseo 10-15-2017 02:15 PM

Name or did not happen. We must know because this can save someone in the future

ajh88 10-15-2017 06:44 PM

Name the business, light a fire under their ass, and they'll finish it.

venturaII 10-16-2017 01:38 PM

So, basically you've told us that you know of a vendor who will take your money and not deliver the product/services agreed upon, and that you're not going to tell us who it is.

Sportsguy83 02-06-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twag4 (Post 2991699)
I am not gonna name the business- but if you are told that a job will be done by a certain date, and it takes way longer, is that ok? I was told by a business that my engine would be completed in May, no later than June. I gave it to them in February for a high power build, along with a sizable deposit. It is now mid October and I cannot get an estimated completion date. (Obviously May and June have come and gone.) I have pics of some work that is finished, but I have literally been without my car since November, and without my engine since February. I chose this builder because they are within a reasonable driving distance (400 miles), and they have a descent reputation. I was originally going to go with another builder that is popular on this site, but it would have involved shipping, and more difficulty in getting tuning. I won’t name names, but I’m at a loss as to what to do or how to proceed. The communication is minimal and lacking in substance, and focus is always put on my choice of wording rathe than the issue of getting my engine done and back. I told them I wouldn’t call them out on the forums, but damn!! Thanks for letting me vent:(

Who was it, what was the end result?

twag4 02-06-2018 02:50 PM

My engine was finally completed the day b fore Thanksgiving. Only 6 months late

8RZ 02-06-2018 02:58 PM

Soooo who was the shop? Are you happy with the results now?