Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Ordering Bump Stops for TRD Lowering Springs PTR07-18130 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107699)

MJones_RB 06-28-2016 08:16 PM

Ordering Bump Stops for TRD Lowering Springs PTR07-18130

I'm trying to order the accessory package that comes with the TRD Lowering Springs for the FR-S (PTR07-18130), that includes bump stops and locking nuts. Is there a separate part number for the package that comes with the springs, or do you need to order them all separate? I tried ordering them thru a Toyota dealership but they can't help you unless you know the part #s. :iono: Any help would be great. Thanks!

Vital 06-30-2016 02:05 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyot...rd+springs+frs

just get it from Amazon it will be cheaper than getting it from the Dealership and this should include everything you need

ApexEight 10-19-2017 10:11 PM

Anyone able to find a part number for the bump stops?

I'm mainly looking for the rears. Maybe I could just cut the stock rear bump stops?

Jollibee86 10-19-2017 11:14 PM

Just cut the rear bump stops. I bought my TRD springs used and I just cut my stock bump stops in half. Never had a problem since. 20k mi on the springs.

DAEMANO 10-19-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jollibee86 (Post 2994222)
Just cut the rear bump stops. I bought my TRD springs used and I just cut my stock bump stops in half. Never had a problem since. 20k mi on the springs.

Better to buy replacements than go this route.

The bump stops (jounce bumpers) as designed in this car are considered an active part of this car's suspension system (meaning it's meant to actually ride on the progressive tip of the bump stop during times when the factory springs is compressed (even by just centimeters.) They do much more than just prevent the suspension from bottoming out metal on metal. Cutting them alters the way the car handles at the limit and is not recommended.

ApexEight 10-20-2017 08:22 AM

Which replacments do you recommend that I get? @DAEMANO ?

The guy I bought the TRD springs from claims that they only came with new front bump stops and also did not include the new nuts. He said he's been running them with the stock rear bump stops with no issue. They were too good of a deal to pass up so I bought them. If I can't find a part number or good replacement, I'm not sure what would be better: running the stock stops or cutting them.
@Racecomp Engineering I know this is kind of a competing product but perhaps you could chime in with your expertise?

Racecomp Engineering 10-20-2017 11:11 AM

I would check with Eibach USA. If that doesn't work, let me know.

- Andrew

ApexEight 10-20-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering (Post 2994375)
I would check with Eibach USA. If that doesn't work, let me know.

- Andrew

Just gave them a call and they said each bump stop would cost me $21 lol. No way I'm doing that.

He did say the rears are 35mm long and I could possibly just trim mine down. Thoughts?

strat61caster 10-20-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApexEight (Post 2994403)
Just gave them a call and they said each bump stop would cost me $21 lol. No way I'm doing that.

He did say the rears are 35mm long and I could possibly just trim mine down. Thoughts?

Experiment, put them in without cutting, if you're happy leave em, if the rear rides rough cut a section out, rinse, repeat, make clean cuts and you can put a section back in playing with combinations of the three different sections to get the comfort or handling balance you want.

JoeyBareBones 11-10-2017 12:20 AM

I had a local shop install TRD springs on my BRZ. They didn't use any of the hardware that came in the box. They simply replaced the springs and used all OEM hardware including the stock bumpstops. Should I be concerned?

ApexEight 11-10-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyBareBones (Post 3003070)
I had a local shop install TRD springs on my BRZ. They didn't use any of the hardware that came in the box. They simply replaced the springs and used all OEM hardware including the stock bumpstops. Should I be concerned?

You're probably fine. Have you felt the suspension bottoming out on the bump stops?