Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would you again? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99344)

MJones_RB 12-28-2015 05:39 PM

Would you again?

Consumer Reports continues it's anti-86 slant with it's most recent publication. According to it's Sports Car Loyalty survey (nobody asked me btw), only 50% of FR-S owners would buy an FR-S again, given the chance. BRZ owners were at 51%. Mustang owners were at the top at around 74%. This seems very low for 86 owners, considering how many happy ones there are on this forum. I'm curious how many members of FT86Club would re-buy or re-lease an 86? If not, what would you get instead?

go_a_way1 12-28-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJones_RB (Post 2492696)
Consumer Reports continues it's anti-86 slant with it's most recent publication. According to it's Sports Car Loyalty survey (nobody asked me btw), only 50% of FR-S owners would buy an FR-S again, given the chance. BRZ owners were at 51%. Mustang owners were at the top at around 74%. This seems very low for 86 owners, considering how many happy ones there are on this forum. I'm curious how many members of FT86Club would re-buy or re-lease an 86? If not, what would you get instead?

Well I know for a fact I will not be rebuying as I am never selling mine :iono:

xFury 12-28-2015 05:51 PM

Probably, depending on the what the current model and stuff is at when I'm ready to get another one.

MisterSheep 12-28-2015 05:55 PM

I would buy another, because my girlfriend wants one. I would want another one for tracking. We would have 3 86's!! :evil:

When all is down the road. I'd get my offspring an 86. Everyone who's part of my family is getting an 86.

Wheres an oprah meme when you need it?.... lol

mengmoua 12-28-2015 05:59 PM

100% would buy another one. Probably will get another one soon!

cdq85 12-28-2015 05:59 PM

When they release the turbo hybrid AWD version in 2017, I will upgrade. Until then I will just drive mine until it falls apart.

Or was it 2018 for that version? Hmmmm

Who8myrice 12-28-2015 05:59 PM

No, I never buy same car again.

YamahaR86 12-28-2015 06:10 PM

It's a depends for me. The 86 was what really got me into cars in the first place.

Right now I'm looking at the WRX though, need to sit in one/test drive it. Mainly because my nephews and nieces are getting older and I take them out everywhere as the cool uncle.

If I don't like the WRX I'll probably get another updated one.

Ddreder 12-28-2015 06:11 PM

I am probably part of the group that would NOT buy another FRS. At least not a brand new one. The little quirky issues I have with the car and a couple other reasons cause me to think of other cars to buy.

Dont get me wrong though, this car would be very difficult to replace. Being able to hit the touge as hard as i do with my miata with only a change in tires blows my mind. I can think of very few cars even capable of this.

But even with all of the fun ive had I still am searching for my perfect sports car. When I do finally bite the bullet to sell my FRS I will probably end up with something RHD from canada. A Suzuki Cappuccino has been on my list for a long time :D

humfrz 12-28-2015 06:14 PM

If I had it to do all over again, I still would have bought my FR-S.

It has served me well .....:happyanim:

humfrz

radroach 12-28-2015 06:22 PM

If I had more money I would own several FR-S and BRZ's.

FRSBRZGT86FAN 12-28-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ddreder (Post 2492730)
I am probably part of the group that would NOT buy another FRS. At least not a brand new one. The little quirky issues I have with the car and a couple other reasons cause me to think of other cars to buy.

Dont get me wrong though, this car would be very difficult to replace. Being able to hit the touge as hard as i do with my miata with only a change in tires blows my mind. I can think of very few cars even capable of this.

But even with all of the fun ive had I still am searching for my perfect sports car. When I do finally bite the bullet to sell my FRS I will probably end up with something RHD from canada. A Suzuki Cappuccino has been on my list for a long time :D

I see it a different way if I had to buy one again, I would only buy one year after the next "update" is be it engine power upgrade and cosmetic upgrade. Also I think by the time that happens, my personal situations will have changed and I could get a manual by that time.

Tcoat 12-28-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ddreder (Post 2492730)

You would not get another FRS because of the quirks issues but would go with one of the very few older RHD cars available? Seems contradictory really. Some of those one off imports are noting but a bundle of quirky issues. (Not a slam just an observation)

ToySub1946 12-28-2015 06:28 PM

I religiously read Consumer Reports, have done so for years.

It took them a long time to figure out that sports car buyers would buy their car again, even if it is a problem car...example: Corvette. Now they're sort of getting the idea of the real world of car lovers.

I'm very happy with my 2015 FRS...bought because it's cheaper than a used Lotus Elise, and way cheaper than a Porsche Cayman. I wanted the most fun to drive, yet affordable car.

I'll gladly trade when they come out with an FRS in British Racing Green.

and from radroach:"If I had more money I would own several FR-S and BRZ's."

My reply to that: I'm considering selling my 2005 Mustang GT, replacing it with an FRS or BRZ in a different color than my current FRS.