Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Subaru Announces 2014 BRZ Pricing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45089)

sousuke86 08-23-2013 06:56 PM

Subaru Announces 2014 BRZ Pricing

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 49288

Quote:

Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing for the 2014 BRZ. Starting at $25,595, the BRZ lineup focuses on the fundamentals of great sports car design: low vehicle weight, an ultra-low center of gravity and precision steering.

Sales of the Subaru BRZ remain strong and were up 41 percent in June and up 200 percent year-to-date, bolstering record-setting corporate sales for the first half of the year. With sales up 27-percent overall and more than 240,000 units sold through July, Subaru of America is on target for another all-time yearly sales record.

Subaru developed the rear-wheel drive BRZ utilizing an all-new naturally aspirated 200-horsepower horizontally opposed (BOXER) engine design. The BRZ is a sports car that does not sacrifice everyday comfort and practicality, including up to manufacturer-estimated 34 mpg highway fuel economy (with 6-speed automatic transmission). With 2+2 seating and a folding rear seat, the BRZ is a practical daily driver and a powerful performer.

The 2014 Subaru BRZ also delivers impressive fuel economy, with manufacturer-estimated ratings of 22 mpg city / 30 mpg highway / 25 mpg combined with the 6-speed manual transmission, and 25 mpg city / 34 mpg highway / 28 mpg combined with the 6-speed automatic transmission.

The Subaru engineering that yields the ultra-low center of gravity in the BRZ also made it easy for designers to craft a very low-slung coupe body. A low roof height of just 50.6 inches, combined with a swept-back roofline, bulging front fenders, short overhangs and pronounced rear haunches give the BRZ a decidedly lean, athletic stance. The car's hawkeye high intensity discharge (HID) headlights, hexagonal lower grille and six-star ornament instantly convey Subaru identity. The BRZ Limited model adds a body-color trunk spoiler, standard fog light and Alcantara trimmed interior and Keyless Access.

Available in Premium or Limited trim levels, models include all performance features, such as the sport-tuned suspension with front strut brace and TORSEN limited-slip differential.

The Subaru BRZ Limited offers additional comfort and amenities. Externally, the BRZ Limited is distinguished with fog lights and a body-color trunk spoiler. Inside, the seats are upholstered with Alcantara inserts and leather bolsters. New for 2014 is AhaŽ infotainment smartphone integration included with the standard navigation system. The BRZ Limited has a starting price of $27,595.

The BRZ Limited substitutes a dual-zone automatic climate control for the Premium model's manual HVAC system, and its standard All-Weather Package includes dual-mode heated front seats and heated side mirrors. A full security system augments the engine immobilizer that is standard in the Premium model. In the Limited, the dual visor vanity mirrors are illuminated, and front door courtesy lights illuminate when the doors are opened. The only factory option is the BRZ Limited model equipped with the 6-speed automatic transmission priced at $28,695.

Touge1 08-23-2013 07:08 PM

Doesn't look like too many changes for '14

tacoss23 08-23-2013 07:30 PM

Hmm so extra $100 for the Aha radio upgrade, and the leather trim knee patches...yeah I'm glad I'm not waiting.

For anyone wondering, The new HU with Aha is actually a downgrade. We went to the Subaru dealership with my gf to play with the new HU (she has a crosstrek) to see if it was worth the upgrade.

Let me tell you, the 2014 Aha HU is actually a downgrade. Why? It makes the already sluggish and slow HU interface even slower and crappier. The touchscreen felt even less responsive, specially went it was under load (trying to load album covers when you change song).

The options that come with Aha are just not worth it for me, who the hell checks facebook on their car? specially with a ridiculously sluggish head unit. The other "apps" are just really crappy, and even the decent things like Yelp are just plain irritating to use due having such a slow interface.

The only "decent" thing of the new head unit is the extended voice activated commands, which I normally don't use anyways.

All in all, it's one of the crappiest HU I've seen. Aha just makes it feel as if it was one of those Chinese knockoff aftermarket headunits, really crappy. I much rather have the current model HU.

mrdanyo 08-23-2013 09:04 PM

The best upgrade would be fixing the lingering "chirp" issues.

2013GTRNate 08-24-2013 12:41 AM

I'm happy that I waited. The 2014 may not have many changes over the 2013 but the few that they did have I am happy for. I literally ordered the 2014 a few hours prior to the release of the new prices.

mrdanyo 08-24-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013GTRNate (Post 1163344)
I'm happy that I waited. The 2014 may not have many changes over the 2013 but the few that they did have I am happy for. I literally ordered the 2014 a few hours prior to the release of the new prices.

Congrats Nate! What colour did you end up choosing?
I'm so tempted to order too, but the chirps are really making me think twice.

Doborder 08-24-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013GTRNate (Post 1163344)

Awesome
Join the club soon!!!

Davesta619 08-24-2013 02:46 AM

I'm thinking about ordering one soon too. What do you guys think is a reasonable price I should be aiming for as I shop around? Limited, AT in SoCal. First time car buyer, been waiting for the 2014!

2013GTRNate 08-24-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdanyo (Post 1163437)

Thank you! Sterling Silver was my color of choice, other than that it is it just a base Limited. I am happy about the new knee pads and Aha Head Unit upgrade.

Good luck with your order.

-Nate

Admiral Ballsy 08-24-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacoss23 (Post 1162874)
The options that come with Aha are just not worth it for me, who the hell checks facebook on their car?

What other 'options' are there? I thought Aha is just an audio service?

To me, $100 extra for ~$250 knee pads is a decent deal.

ihaskrayon 08-24-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdanyo (Post 1163437)

I bought my 13 in July and I haven't had a single problem or heard any chirping noise. I'm pretty sure it's a fixed problem by now. :)

Gaiakai 08-24-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013GTRNate (Post 1163491)
Thank you! Sterling Silver was my color of choice, other than that it is it just a base Limited. I am happy about the new knee pads and Aha Head Unit upgrade.

Good luck with your order.

-Nate

Is Sterling Silver a new color? Is it similar to the grey GTR on your avatar? Because if so, then YES FINALLY a beautiful grey color choice!

Be-Are-Zee 08-24-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaskrayon (Post 1163776)
I bought my 13 in July and I haven't had a single problem or heard any chirping noise. I'm pretty sure it's a fixed problem by now. :)

Yeah I bought mine in July and I don't get what the chirps or grasshopper noises are that people keep talking about.

Admiral Ballsy 08-24-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Be-Are-Zee (Post 1163840)
Yeah I bought mine in July and I don't get what the chirps or grasshopper noises are that people keep talking about.

It's not fixed. My first BRZ - late November build - had none in the 8900 miles I owned it. My current car - April - has it severely.