Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Buying your FRS/BRZ in Mid A area. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795)

Zaku 02-15-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbxgz (Post 134495)
I put down WRB Manual Limited as well. WRB seems like the most popular color option.

Lol I'm gonna be the only one running around in Silver XD

Alex 02-15-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homemade WRX (Post 134984)
When I spoke with both of them about 6 weeks ago, they were oblivious about a deposit. Basically was told they weren't doing it yet. I'll probably bring it up next time I'm down at Perry...picking up more parts.

I suppose it came down to who you spoke with maybe? When I called and was transferred like 3 times. The other 2 people weren't sure and probably didn't know what I was talking about, but when I got a hold of Lynn, she knew about the BRZ and basically told me to come in and I could place a deposit.

I went to RK instead of Perry only because I know Brad works at RK, so I'd rather support the dealer he is associated with. I know he worked at Perry and he gave me great service there, so I followed him to RK. And meeting Lynn at RK, I was quite pleased when I met with her. She is very friendly and I would recommend talking with her.

Tbxgz 02-16-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaku (Post 135016)
Lol I'm gonna be the only one running around in Silver XD

Ya... I might have to switch over to SWP if EVERYONE plans on getting WRB

Zaku 02-16-2012 02:35 PM

I'm not even sure If I get a choice since I didn't pre like the others even if I do it now I'll be 5 or 6th on the list and I'm really not in a hurry. I actually like all the colors I'll even take a Crystal black if they sell it to me when I walk in the dealer and there's one there.

Homemade WRX 02-16-2012 03:45 PM

I'm not even sure if I'll be getting the Subaru at this point. Getting the car really is going to be a test mule for 3MI Racing, so the cheaper, the better. I then need to be ready to play with the new WRX and STi shortly there after.

So unless one of my usual dealers will give me a great discount because of the tens of thousands that I spend on parts each year, I might find myself at a Scion dealership.

Alex 02-16-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbxgz (Post 135415)
Ya... I might have to switch over to SWP if EVERYONE plans on getting WRB

Main reason why I chose WRB is because I already have a Rally Blue 2.5RS coupe. So two blue Subaru coupes would be pretty cool to have around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homemade WRX (Post 135484)
I'm not even sure if I'll be getting the Subaru at this point. Getting the car really is going to be a test mule for 3MI Racing, so the cheaper, the better. I then need to be ready to play with the new WRX and STi shortly there after.

So unless one of my usual dealers will give me a great discount because of the tens of thousands that I spend on parts each year, I might find myself at a Scion dealership.

Ah I gotcha. Well that makes sense if you can get a good deal with Perry. BTW Didn't you used to have a GC too? or do you still have it?

OrbitalEllipses 02-16-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homemade WRX (Post 135484)

Buy my First 86 FR-S, so I too can buy a WRB manual Premium BRZ :-P

Zaku 02-16-2012 06:19 PM

I'm actually worried about not being able to choose the color of my car because, after the initial order. Not sure how their order system work, I'm expecting that even next year you go to the dealer and you either order or buy what ever they have in a short time.

OrbitalEllipses 02-16-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaku (Post 135615)
I'm actually worried about not being able to choose the color of my car because, after the initial order. Not sure how their order system work, I'm expecting that even next year you go to the dealer and you either order or buy what ever they have in a short time.

Ed Rucker at Annapolis assured me it wouldn't play out like that. He said that once pricing comes out the order system will open and buyers will be able to order a car to their specification. He advised that dealers not doing that (I offered an example of STI release several years ago) were simply trying to get you to buy a car they already had or were getting rather than taking a risk and ordering.

Gah. I wish pricing and specs would come out; I need to know if I should keep my spot for the FR-S.

Homemade WRX 02-17-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 135505)
Ah I gotcha. Well that makes sense if you can get a good deal with Perry. BTW Didn't you used to have a GC too? or do you still have it?

Yeah, I actually haven't dealth much with them since Brad left and I haven't talked with Brad in a while but is he still at the Chevy counter at RK?

As for me and GC's
Had
-96 red Brighton with homemade Turbo setup
-94 white L that has an 02 WRX swap (in 02) 6-spd swap, etc...it's the one that really started it all.

Currently
-93 red sedan (spare chassis)...the EG33 sitting next to it keeps tempting me
-96 green Brighton (race car)

then I have the bugeye WRX beater :lol:

Alex 02-17-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homemade WRX (Post 136156)
Yeah, I actually haven't dealth much with them since Brad left and I haven't talked with Brad in a while but is he still at the Chevy counter at RK?

As for me and GC's
Had
-96 red Brighton with homemade Turbo setup
-94 white L that has an 02 WRX swap (in 02) 6-spd swap, etc...it's the one that really started it all.

Currently
-93 red sedan (spare chassis)...the EG33 sitting next to it keeps tempting me
-96 green Brighton (race car)

then I have the bugeye WRX beater :lol:

Sweet. I know I've seen you on Nasioc before, but I've never meet you in person...But I remember you drove a truck with an STi sticker on the back on it(I think that was you...someone said). And yeah, Brad is still up at RK.

Zaku 02-17-2012 06:29 PM

It's just a bunch of waiting for me now, Just have to see what is more affordable. This car comes out at about the same time where I have some life changing decisions to make so i need to wait to make the right move. although I could just buy it right off lol well see. I guess this will be like the STI and EVO you never see them inthe dealers, and even if you see one it's a demo car or it cannot be driven just there as a model for orders.

Homemade WRX 02-17-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 136264)
Sweet. I know I've seen you on Nasioc before, but I've never meet you in person...But I remember you drove a truck with an STi sticker on the back on it(I think that was you...someone said). And yeah, Brad is still up at RK.

yup, that's the tow vehicle, my green F250.

STi, TimeAttackForums.com, NASIOC and K4RT30Y stickers ;)

ette 02-26-2012 12:39 AM

Anyone know if RK, Perry, or Casey are getting one of the showroom BRZ's like some other dealerships around the country have this week?