Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Buying your FRS/BRZ in Mid A area. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795)

TylerLieberman 01-13-2012 03:31 PM

The scion won't be 25k...I GUARANTEE it. Why? Cause Subaru will price the BRZ to compete with base WRX. They will have an entry level AWD sports sedan and a RWD sports coupe offered at the same price-which is 25k.

Scion went the cheaper route to cut costs. No HIDs, plastic interior(as opposed to subarus, more high scale) as well as less options standard compared to the BRZ. Other differences as well. Also, look at the prices in Scion's lineup. All 4 vehicles are priced between 16 and 19k. Do you really think they'll have 4 cars within a $3,000 range and then one that's nearly $6,000 higher than their currently, most expensive, car? Scion is aimed towards a younger demographic and shows partially by having low cost vehicles. Not many people in their target audience will want the FRS if it's priced at 25k when they compare it to other available cars in the same price range. All said and done, I will place cash money down RIGHT NOW that FRS' MSRP will be less than 23k.

OrbitalEllipses 01-13-2012 03:39 PM

All press pictures I've seen of the FR-S have HIDs... whether or not it's an option remains to be seen.

The FR-S couldn't be priced the same as the BRZ. That would doom it beyond the badge engineering already going on.

Giccin 01-26-2012 07:26 PM

Zaku. I think we need to wait more before putting numbers out.

Numbers out = Bad sign if dealers are watching forums.

Aegis 02-06-2012 01:48 PM

I can second the service from both Annapolis and Tyson's Subarus. I've dealt with both dealerships for random service and replacement parts and they've both been excellent.

kanundrum 02-09-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 113699)
I signed up for the First 86 and "won", though Fitzgerald Subaru had no idea what I was talking about when I called to put my deposit down.

After I saw fitz had the 1st FRS I went down and put a deposit on one thru them! I figure they will have better channels for getting a car and also Fitz is one of the biggest dealers in the area with a bigger allocation.

Zaku 02-13-2012 02:11 PM

How do we know which Scion is the best for our area? I don't wanna go mistakenly to that one Scion that prices stuff so high ya know. Anyone got a clue?

kanundrum 02-13-2012 02:11 PM

You mean dealership?

Zaku 02-13-2012 02:13 PM

Yeah, I've only had my experience with 355 Scion and they were great people but that was back in 06 when I thought I was going to get a TC(got a Civic si intead) but just wanted to know other people's experience. Because I remember they sold TC really close to MSRP like... it was only about 300$ more than MSRP over there. SO I was wondering which Scion dealership in the area might be the same, I'm unsure of 355 now because I haven't seen or heard anything from them in years.

kanundrum 02-13-2012 02:14 PM

Fitz is the best imho for the area. I know a lot of folks who have gone thru them. I personally bought it from SC from trdsparks because they had the best deal on the parts.

Zaku 02-13-2012 02:18 PM

I know we have a MID A person who is on First 86 for them, I'll go check them out and see. Lol if we only could get a price things would be so much easier, April is so close yet so far :(

kanundrum 02-13-2012 02:19 PM

yeapo. here is the guys e-mail. I talked to the manager and they seem cool about it. If you want use my name (Sapan) since I am the only person on their list at the moment.

Brian Chanin chaninb@fitzmall.com

Zaku 02-13-2012 03:05 PM

Are you on for the FRS or the BRZ?

kanundrum 02-13-2012 03:06 PM

FRS from Fitz Scion. I havent looked into the BRZ at all since I am a previous scion owner. Love the brand.

Zaku 02-13-2012 03:10 PM

Alright thank you ! what color is yours?