Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   ASIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   UAE 86's - What have you done so far.... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29404)

RevoG 02-20-2013 01:38 AM

UAE 86's - What have you done so far....

Guys,

Just a quick post to enquire what everyone has done to their 86 so far. I want to see what is available locally. Mine is in for a header back system from Fox today and should have it back tomorrow.

Also have a TRD air filter on order from Amazon.

Tint was done by the dealer (3M 30% all round)

Rest is stock, for now....

sh4d0w 02-20-2013 03:27 AM

I installed a dash camera on the first day I got from the agency. Car is just parked for days now as I still on process of getting my driving license (Only one school in Abu Dhabi and it takes weeks/month before they give you a schedule, 20 hours worth of class spread over 3 months because of unavailability on their side, need wasta maybe)

List on my mind:

Drop in filter
Strut bar
LED bulbs

At the moment its a glorified toy that I can't play with. :-(

Navadv 02-20-2013 11:33 AM

I like this thread :)

Mind if we add costs to it.

I'd be interested to know how much your exhaust was and how much the strut bar was as well - and where we can source locally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevoG (Post 745881)
Guys,

Just a quick post to enquire what everyone has done to their 86 so far. I want to see what is available locally. Mine is in for a header back system from Fox today and should have it back tomorrow.

Also have a TRD air filter on order from Amazon.

Tint was done by the dealer (3M 30% all round)

Rest is stock, for now....

sh4d0w 02-20-2013 02:15 PM

Agreed.

Dash Camera - ITB100HD, shipped from Korea: cost including EMS shipping 215 USD

I was quoted for tint with 2 years warranty 3M at Car Plus Marina Mall for 600AED, might avail over the weekend.

RevoG 02-21-2013 02:02 AM

3M Tint from Dealer - AED 900
TRD drop in filter - US$ 60 plus shipping
Fox exhaust header back system - AED 4K

Still the best price i could get. Phoned around cheapest system ordered was a Borla system at AED 4.5K. Wanted a Supersprint but that was AED 9K!!

sh4d0w 02-22-2013 01:33 PM

Update:

3M tint done in Marina Mall Car Plus - 600 AED I removed the rear brake light so they can do a full tint on the back.

RevoG 02-22-2013 02:42 PM

Congrats. Because mine was done by the dealer I got to see the tint with both the third light cut out and now covered. Looks much better if the rear brake light is removed and the whole window is tinted.

Btw the new exhaust sounds awesome. Stock is just too quiet.

FT86Dubai 02-23-2013 07:58 AM

Did you ask the dealer if the header back would void the warranty? Are the secondary catalytic converters still there?

Imti 02-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevoG (Post 748271)
3M Tint from Dealer - AED 900
TRD drop in filter - US$ 60 plus shipping
Fox exhaust header back system - AED 4K

Still the best price i could get. Phoned around cheapest system ordered was a Borla system at AED 4.5K. Wanted a Supersprint but that was AED 9K!!

That's pricey. Any HP gain? Share a video if you can for how it sounds.

I heard the TRD dual cat back is going for slightly less than 4K. And sounds great in this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKnobA7VX3E&feature=player_embedded"]Scion FR-S TRD exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Navadv 02-24-2013 12:22 AM

Sorry to go off topic - you can get the TRD for just over a 1100USD+ shipping + import duty but there is no way Toyota UAE will offer the cat back for that price (if they offer it at all).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imti (Post 752646)
That's pricey. Any HP gain? Share a video if you can for how it sounds.

I heard the TRD dual cat back is going for slightly less than 4K. And sounds great in this video

url]

sh4d0w 02-24-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevoG (Post 751178)
Congrats. Because mine was done by the dealer I got to see the tint with both the third light cut out and now covered. Looks much better if the rear brake light is removed and the whole window is tinted.

Btw the new exhaust sounds awesome. Stock is just too quiet.

Definitely looks better than having a tint cutout for the center brake lights. I removed the lights myself (2 minute DIY) before bringing it to the tint installer.

RevoG 02-24-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT86Dubai (Post 752499)
Did you ask the dealer if the header back would void the warranty? Are the secondary catalytic converters still there?

I did not ask the dealer since it would make no difference if the exhaust after the header is changed. This conversation will be had if the need arises. For any warranty work that has nothing to do with the exhasut this should not be a problem. Everything is changed after the maf sensor and not before. That is why I will not change out the headers.

Second cat is gone but replaced by HF cat.

After adding about 150 km to the car the engine response has improved a lot. Rev matching a lot easier now.

Lovin the sound. Should have come like this stock.

RevoG 02-24-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navadv (Post 753672)
Sorry to go off topic - you can get the TRD for just over a 1100USD+ shipping + import duty but there is no way Toyota UAE will offer the cat back for that price (if they offer it at all).

They will offer it but my guess is about AED 7K. Can't see them doing it for less than that.

FT86Dubai 02-24-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevoG (Post 753937)
I did not ask the dealer since it would make no difference if the exhaust after the header is changed. This conversation will be had if the need arises. For any warranty work that has nothing to do with the exhasut this should not be a problem. Everything is changed after the maf sensor and not before. That is why I will not change out the headers.

Second cat is gone but replaced by HF cat.

After adding about 150 km to the car the engine response has improved a lot. Rev matching a lot easier now.

Lovin the sound. Should have come like this stock.

The thing is that they tend to be very sneaky by not saying anything about voiding a modified car warranty as long as they are receiving money from the service intervals. However, when there is an issue that is covered by warranty they would start haggling. Anyways, enjoy it and I hope you would never face any issue.