Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   sportlines or pro-kit? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72613)

medina619 08-20-2014 11:46 PM

sportlines or pro-kit?

Guys i have a little dilemma, I've just installed the eibach sportline on my FRS and my initial drive i loved it and it looks damn sexy. But after 4 days im on the fence about how i feel.

On the freeway i get a slight bounce but not to bad and on bumpy roads its a little to firm for my liking. I was wondering about selling or trading my sportlines for eibach pro-kit. My question is does the pro-kit have the same feel as the sportlines? Are they just as firm?

Im in San Diego anyone have the pro-kit on a FRS i can check out?

thanks in advanced:thumbsup:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps5fbktztk.jpg

jflogerzi 08-20-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medina619 (Post 1909678)
Guys i have a little dilemma, I've just installed the eibach sportline on my FRS and my initial drive i loved it and it looks damn sexy. But after 4 days im on the fence about how i feel.

On the freeway i get a slight bounce but not to bad and on bumpy roads its a little to firm for my liking. I was wondering about selling or trading my sportlines for eibach pro-kit. My question is does the pro-kit have the same feel as the sportlines? Are they just as firm?

Im in San Diego anyone have the pro-kit on a FRS i can check out?

thanks in advanced:thumbsup:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps5fbktztk.jpg

I think overall the feel will be similar. I am in Corona and I have the pro kit. If your in the area shoot me a PM. Glad to give you a ride.

medina619 08-21-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jflogerzi (Post 1909693)
I think overall the feel will be similar. I am in Corona and I have the pro kit. If your in the area shoot me a PM. Glad to give you a ride.

does your ride get really bouncy on bumpy roads too? that's what i don't really like

SkAsphalt 08-21-2014 10:46 AM

Pro kit is the lesser of the drop right? In that case, thats what I have. Car is not bouncy

Diode Dynamics 08-21-2014 10:52 AM

I prefer the Sportlines to the Pro-Kit for the height difference alone. It may ride slightly harsher, but it's not bone-crushingly rough IMO

Nick C.

eSOLOR 08-21-2014 11:19 AM

I went with the prokit even though the drop on the sportlines does look better (when the butt isn't sagging) but personally I don't feel comfortable lowering more than an inch on stock shocks. I figured if I ever wanted to go lower I would get coil overs.

teamturbo 08-21-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSOLOR (Post 1910161)
I went with the prokit even though the drop on the sportlines does look better (when the butt isn't sagging) but personally I don't feel comfortable lowering more than an inch on stock shocks. I figured if I ever wanted to go lower I would get coil overs.

Good call. I got the Pro-Kit as well. It's a really clean, aggressive stock looking drop. Get 15MM spacers in the front, 20MM in the rear. This gives it a flush factory aggressive look, without the wider aftermarket stance.

medina619 08-21-2014 02:43 PM

In the morning i leave for work when it's dark 4:25am. im like yea im going to swap out for the pro -kit. But when I leave to go home and im walking to my car after work i fall in-love again. lol

i think im going to swap it tho.

medina619 08-21-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 1910106)
Pro kit is the lesser of the drop right? In that case, thats what I have. Car is not bouncy

thanks man, this makes me feel much better. I'm going to take out the sport lines off this weekend and sell them off or maybe someone wants to trade?

trinxified 08-21-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamturbo (Post 1910483)
Good call. I got the Pro-Kit as well. It's a really clean, aggressive stock looking drop. Get 15MM spacers in the front, 20MM in the rear. This gives it a flush factory aggressive look, without the wider aftermarket stance.

I did this, but with 20mm at front, 25mm at rear.

SkAsphalt 08-21-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinxified (Post 1910675)
I did this, but with 20mm at front, 25mm at rear.

go find DarkCard's asphlat car, he has the same set up with spacers. Looks killer for OEM+

trinxified 08-21-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 1910698)
go find DarkCard's asphlat car, he has the same set up with spacers. Looks killer for OEM+

Yeah looks good, but for some reason the rear still looks more tucked in than the front...

Was thinking maybe I should've got 30mm for the rear instead?

ihaskrayon 08-21-2014 03:29 PM

Here is mine on sportlines. The ride can be harsh if you go over dips or bumps. Theres a few drops I've had driving at like 80mph where the freeway just drops for no apparent reason and sometimes that hurts. On smooth roads it's not that bad.

http://i.imgur.com/NPuWXEg.jpg

xxBrun0xx 08-21-2014 04:02 PM

It's worth noting that the TRD springs are identical to the Eibach Pros and cheaper. Been back and fourth between staying stock, TRD, or RCE's. Wheel gap doesn't bother me at all, but would like to improve ride quality and get rid of some of the stock bumpiness over rough roads. Anyone have any thoughts as far as ride quality?

Also, anyone running these (or any kind of a drop) through last winter? Was the ground clearance ever an issue?