Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Move Over Racing Bumper Q/R's. Interest? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75057)

diirk 09-29-2014 01:44 PM

Move Over Racing Bumper Q/R's. Interest?

7 Attachment(s)
I've been talking to Move Over Racing about making Quick Releases for the 86.

As many of you know, once you pull the front bumper off, they tend to not go back on too well. I was thinking that this would help fix that issue.

So, they're guaging interest in the product and I volunteered to help.

These are popular on NASIOC and Evo forums.

Quick Releases are made from 6061 T6 Aluminum and the brackets from 5052 aluminum. They are super strong (each latch holds over 250lbs) super light and have lifetime warranty. Made in Usa / Canada. Estimated price around $225.

Additional Info:

Move Over Racing would like to organize a list of interested parties that might want to get in on an early pricing deal.

The plan would be for interested parties to email them with the following info:

Move Over Racing Email Address: moveoverracing@gmail.com

Email Title: FT86Club Bumper Kit
Forum Username:
First/Last name:
Mailing Address:
Email Address:
Phone:
PayPal Address:
Year/Make/Model

They will build a prototype unit and get us the info on it. Then they will invoice everyone that is interested a price based on the number of folks involved.
Please understand, the folks that email them and get added to the list are the first ones that will be contacted and are likely to be the ones that get in on a discount.

SO EMAIL THEM if you are interested.

Estimated pricing is:

$205 for Five kits
$195 for Ten kits
$185 for 15+kits

And they're looking for a volunteer around Toronto Canada to develop the kit.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQuZS-qgj2U"]Evo X Bumper Quick Release Kit - YouTube[/ame]

sofargone561 09-29-2014 02:06 PM

Just 4 tabs holds the bumper on? What about security? What is to stop someone from deciding they want my font bumper? Great idea and product for track cars but a daily i would be iffy about putting this on.

diirk 09-29-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofargone561 (Post 1964927)
Just 4 tabs holds the bumper on? What about security? What is to stop someone from deciding they want my font bumper? Great idea and product for track cars but a daily i would be iffy about putting this on.

You can still utilize the factory hardware. This will just add some extra support for those of us that need it.

sofargone561 09-29-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diirk (Post 1964947)
You can still utilize the factory hardware. This will just add some extra support for those of us that need it.

oh gotcha. IM not knocking the product i think its pretty damn sweet especially for a track car.

diirk 09-29-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofargone561 (Post 1964948)
oh gotcha. IM not knocking the product i think its pretty damn sweet especially for a track car.

No worries. It's a good question.

ToyoburuBRZ 09-29-2014 02:28 PM

@diirk I live in Toronto and would be more than happy to help with development! PM me!

diirk 09-29-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyoburuBRZ (Post 1964963)
@diirk I live in Toronto and would be more than happy to help with development! PM me!

PM sent

KAR 09-29-2014 03:02 PM

so you need room to hold it from behind to lock these in?? aka trim the wheel well plastics or take them off??

diirk 09-29-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAR (Post 1965017)
so you need room to hold it from behind to lock these in?? aka trim the wheel well plastics or take them off??

I don't know. When MOR gets access to a car, they'll determine the best ways to mount.

Evo installation instructions say it uses existing mounting points. Not cutting required. Just drilling the holes for the mounting points on the bumper.

boredom.is.me 09-29-2014 04:13 PM

I like, but the price... :(

Dave-ROR 09-29-2014 04:34 PM

Why not just make your own brackets and use tridairs, camlocs, or even DZUS fasteners?

This is simple stuff to do.. this is coming from a race/track car guy though so maybe this brand caters more to the form crowd. Seems really pointless on a street car, I've had my bumper off a couple times now and it fits perfect still. :shrug:

diirk 09-29-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredom.is.me (Post 1965130)
I like, but the price... :(

I agree. If we get enough interest, maybe we can work a group buy.

sirsol66 09-29-2014 06:29 PM

As long as no drilling of the fender is necessary (bolt on to fender, drill into bumper), I'm in even at $225. It'd be nice to have a bolt on solution as my bumper is driving me crazy.

diirk 09-29-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 1965151)
Why not just make your own brackets and use tridairs, camlocs, or even DZUS fasteners?

This is simple stuff to do.. this is coming from a race/track car guy though so maybe this brand caters more to the form crowd. Seems really pointless on a street car, I've had my bumper off a couple times now and it fits perfect still. :shrug:

Do you have a trick to get it to line back up right. I have yet to see one line back up properly after the bumper has been removed. Not saying it isn't possible. I heard the CSG has it down pat too.

I thought about using Dzus fasteners, but these just looked cleaner. I'm going for a combo of form and function. And in my case, I don't consider it pointless. I want my bumper to line up properly.