Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Help! My lights won't turn off! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81659)

HotLavaChick 01-31-2015 05:05 PM

Help! My lights won't turn off!

Tried new hyper flash relay and led switchbacks front turn- now I have a loud beep and all my lights will not shut off -- tried everything -- original relay is back in and even took it out

HotLavaChick 01-31-2015 05:18 PM

Help. Disconnected Battery. reconnected. headlights will not turn on. thinks high beams are on. and all of the lights are on. blinkers will not work either. checked fuses. nada.

HotLavaChick 01-31-2015 09:45 PM

No one!? Fuck !!!!

PBlack09 01-31-2015 09:52 PM

Sounds like a blown fuse. Probably nothing major, but you should contact your local dealership. I had a similar situation happen to me where the high beams stayed on, beeping in car as if I left my lights on, automatic shifting wouldn't work (had to lift the manual override thing, not sure what it's called), and I think that was all. Turned out to be like $50 or so to fix. Dropped it off at night and got it back early next morning.

HotLavaChick 01-31-2015 11:30 PM

Yes! I am stranded by myself with no ride lol. Headlights now won't turn on yet every other light stays on !!! Ugh !!!!

paulca 01-31-2015 11:52 PM

Is there not a lesson here somewhere?

lsxiong 02-01-2015 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulca (Post 2113545)

The lesson is, "Get AAA".

xuimod 02-01-2015 01:35 AM

Did your braces hit a wire when you were doing the install? That might have shorted something out.

HotLavaChick 02-01-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulca (Post 2113545)

it's called spelling LEARN IT bitch

HotLavaChick 02-01-2015 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuimod (Post 2113626)
Did your braces hit a wire when you were doing the install? That might have shorted something out.

your mothers clit ring must have interfered :bonk:

HotLavaChick 02-01-2015 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsxiong (Post 2113620)
The lesson is, "Get AAA".

daddy needs AA though. :barf: maybe you could have been brought up a bit better. LESSONSSSSSS LEARNEDDDDDDD :thanks:

Tcoat 02-01-2015 01:57 AM

On a more serious note - I know you changed the relay back but did you pull the leds?
Did you check the fuses under the hood (some people don't know they are there)?
Trying to think of what it could be but hard to do without seeing it.

HotLavaChick 02-01-2015 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2113640)
On a more serious note - I know you changed the relay back but did you pull the leds?
Did you check the fuses under the hood (some people don't know they are there)?
Trying to think of what it could be but hard to do without seeing it.

of course. I have toyoguard- towed it to dealesrship-

tow truck guy and my 4 friends were helpful too. but we are all clueless -- pulled and checked all fuses. even put original relay back on. with relay even off it thinks high beams are on -- blinkers will not blink anymore but just stay on as running lights -- side markers and tails and gauge cluster all stay on as well.

but funny thing -- low and high beams won't power on anymore (hence why i had to tow it since I couldnt drive home).

it was about to drain the battery since it won't shut off. i pulled and put NEW fuses in even.

only thing i can think of is the aftermarket hyperblink relay + switchback leds shorted something and now the car's electrical is freaking.

i do have HID -- i took them off and put stock back on -- still nada.

let it sit with battery disconnected --- it would then be fine but as soon as i started the car again --- same, the alert alarm beep like i left the lights on and tried locking it and walking away and not being able to turn on low beams.

Tcoat 02-01-2015 02:13 AM

Strange. Wonder if something messed with the ECU.
Well good luck!