Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Greater than the Sum of Its Parts: A Photographical Reflection on the BRZ (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51162)

Cjymiller 11-12-2013 01:21 AM

Greater than the Sum of Its Parts: A Photographical Reflection on the BRZ

7 Attachment(s)
Attachment 57015

When an enthusiast aims to become closer with his or her car, the best way is quite simply to drive it. Drive it on a
road you know and love. Drive the car until it becomes an extension of yourself; like a pen in your hand. For a select
few, this takes merely months. For others it is often a process that will last several years.

Attachment 57016

But there are others that know of an alternative path to assimilate closely with their car. It is a close second to
driving, with which the rewards of, pay dividends simultaneously. These drivers find benefit in tasking
themselves with not only maintenance of functionality, but modification of form. These are the individuals
that gain insight from understanding the function of each element. They appreciate that their car is far greater
than the sum of its parts.

Attachment 57017

When a driver has the means to modify a car to their taste, consequentially their understanding and appreciation
of their vehicle deepens. They themselves have torqued the bolts to spec; they have chosen parts that have been
over-engineered; they know where their shortcomings lie, and they have a complete understanding of their car as no
other person does.

Attachment 57018

It is both a privilege and hardship at once. On one side, the driver has an ever growing personification of themselves.
On the other, they hold a joy which is often wasted, trying to impart it on others who fail to appreciate the connection
between driver and vehicle. There is however, a way to get close to sharing that joy of machine.

Attachment 57019

There are others that walk a similar path. They come from different places, and live by different means, but they
share the same perspective. When those paths meet, friendships are made and camaraderie is shared.
Their experience is mutual and as drivers, they are able to grow together.

Attachment 57020

What forms is a blend of experiences shared between drivers who are also friends. Like the car, their companionship
is much greater than each one by themselves. In the end, not only do you have a driver who is more closely connected
to his car, but many drivers who, through their shared understanding, are now connected with each other. What better
way is there to grow with your car than through the others around you?

Attachment 57021

Words by Chris Miller (Cjymiller)
Photography by Chris Miller (Cjymiller) and Lue Tao
Special thanks to Billy @987 Motorsports

psyviperx 11-12-2013 01:29 AM

Awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

pmccut 11-12-2013 02:23 AM

So purdy.

KelvinBRZ 11-12-2013 03:15 AM

Beautiful.

sklimo 11-12-2013 08:36 AM

Good shit!!

Marcoscrdo 11-12-2013 11:49 AM

I need a group of friends like this :(

#foreveralone

sklimo 11-12-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcoscrdo (Post 1326709)
I need a group of friends like this :(

#foreveralone

When spring comes take a trip up to New England. We meet up like that all the time.

SirBrass 11-12-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjymiller (Post 1326193)

Me boosta :w00t:

And... :coolpics:

sc0urge 11-12-2013 08:19 PM

Great write-up and pictures :w00t:

DeepHunta 11-12-2013 08:45 PM

my only brz86 friend is @BanzaiZee and she doesn't want to modify the car like me ;)

I'm done modding until spring. Next is tires, maybe wheels. Some more suspension bolt-ons. Then a supercharger once my warranty expires.

bestwheelbase 11-12-2013 09:27 PM

Cheers to long-term development. Mods logged with a month and year, because it takes time to grab that pen without thinking and sign your name. Friends and memories made along the way. Through the experience we shape our final setup.

These guys get it.

AznKirby 11-12-2013 09:47 PM

Nice piece, nice photos, nice cars!

Extreme86 11-12-2013 10:57 PM

^^ Dittos! Thanks. :thumbsup:

Sitha@ft86club 11-12-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepHunta (Post 1327916)
my only brz86 friend is @BanzaiZee and she doesn't want to modify the car like me ;)

I'm done modding until spring. Next is tires, maybe wheels. Some more suspension bolt-ons. Then a supercharger once my warranty expires.

I live in Washington and ill be your friend ;) no homo

I got a few buddy's who own frs too. Like people I knew from school and grew up with.

Great thread. Kudos to the writer.:w00t: