Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   maintenance light question (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95067)

40flash 09-19-2015 05:06 PM

maintenance light question

I've searched and cannot find anything that tells me how to turn off the maintenance light. No issues with the car. Just need someone to explain to me how to turn off the light. Is disconnecting the battery the only way? Thanks in advance.

Mr.ac 09-19-2015 10:19 PM

Ah sorry miss read your question.

Celadrielas 09-20-2015 12:41 PM

Our cars have a mait. Light? are you in a 2015?

40flash 09-23-2015 01:21 AM

It's the engine light that I am calling the maintenance light. Anyone know how to turn it off besides unhooking the battery?

RustySocket 09-23-2015 01:27 AM

You need to pull the codes and figure out why the light came on in the first place.

If you don't have a obd2 scantool take it to autozone and see if they will read it for you.

40flash 09-25-2015 12:33 AM

With some cars the light comes on periodically as a reminder to tell you to change oil. Do our cars do that?

RustySocket 09-25-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40flash (Post 2400930)
With some cars the light comes on periodically as a reminder to tell you to change oil. Do our cars do that?

I can't speak specifically to the BRZ but the FR-S does not.

aegisdrgn 09-25-2015 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40flash (Post 2400930)

No it does not. I suggest you pull those codes and figure out what's wrong. Never a good idea to ignore CEL unless you know what it's on for....

Celadrielas 09-27-2015 07:18 PM

If you're in the Mesa area, I can bring by a code reader to one of the meets and pull / erase the codes for you while at the Wednesday meet.

40flash 09-29-2015 05:58 PM

Thanks, guys. I dropped by the dealership to have my auto-door lock settings adjusted which they can no longer do. I have a code reader but while I was there they read it for free. It's telling me too much fuel. They suspect it has to do with my unichip or the aftermarket intake system. I'm still averaging 27.8 mpg so I wouldn't think it's very much too rich. No other evidence like a black exhaust pipe.

40flash 01-22-2016 11:31 AM

My engine code is a PO172. It say that bank one is too rich. Could my Unichip cause this? Do I need to take it to the stealership? Thinking I may disconnect the unichip, clear the code & see if it returns. Opinions?

Kuri 01-22-2016 04:28 PM

could be a unichip doing it. Disconnect it and reset ECU.

IF it's still doing it, possible issue with the injectors

jeffchap 03-31-2016 05:07 PM

My Unichip caused the same code. After capturing some data logs and trying many different maps, I finally found one that doesn't do it, 92 octane, all drop ins, fuel in, timing in. My car is stock except for a K&N drop in filter.

It sounds backwards to use a fuel in (rich) map when the code says you're already too rich, but I suspect what happens is that with a fuel out (lean) mapping, Unichip tries to spoof the ECU into thinking it's too rich in order to get it to lean the mixture out. I was seeing long term fuel trim below -40.2%. Any time it got less than -39.8%, I'd get a P0172, usually at idle.

The fuel in map appears to cap the long term trim at -34.4%. Two days now, and I've yet to see it exceed that. Surprisingly, the same mapping except for stock instead of all drop ins still threw a CEL for me. So if you're having this same problem, try the drop in map even if you don't have one.

Wyattkb 04-03-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40flash (Post 2518394)
My engine code is a PO172. It say that bank one is too rich. Could my Unichip cause this? Do I need to take it to the stealership? Thinking I may disconnect the unichip, clear the code & see if it returns. Opinions?

My unichip did this as well, or so I thought. It ended up being my K&N filter had a little too much oil on it and it go onto the MAF.

Took some MAF cleaner to the sensor, cleaned out the filter and LIGHTLY oiled it. Never had the problem again with the unichip. Then I got an OFT and never looked back.