Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Drivers Side Window (Not Seal) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53176)

Mister 12-09-2013 09:21 PM

Drivers Side Window (Not Seal)

My drivers side window was behaving erratically and now it appears to be seriously broken.
First off is that it no longer goes up and down an inch when opening and closing the door. It is just stuck a little bit down, just enough for melting snow and a good downpour to get in :mad0260:

To make it more fun are the drivers side window switches. The switches are blinking...indication of a problem? The auto-up/auto down feature are not working when I try to use them for the drivers side. The passenger side will not respond at all to the drivers side controls (it works fine from its own controls).
I tried bringing it the rest of the way up with the door wide open in case it was catching on the seal, and that still will not bring it up.

OH and the crickets returned this week :-).

Anyone else have an issue like this? I'm trying to find something out before I bring the car in for the 4th warranty item.

Rayme 12-09-2013 09:43 PM

Your window probably froze and the window modules needs to be reset. You have to roll down the window all the way down while holding the buttons for a few seconds, then up again and once it reaches the top hold the button for a few more seconds. The door has to be closed. If it worked the blinking will have stopped.

Mister 12-09-2013 11:29 PM

Hmm interesting. I wonder why it would get messed up just from being frozen. I'll try it in the morning and report back.

humfrz 12-10-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayme (Post 1379717)
Your window probably froze and the window modules needs to be reset. You have to roll down the window all the way down while holding the buttons for a few seconds, then up again and once it reaches the top hold the button for a few more seconds. The door has to be closed. If it worked the blinking will have stopped.

There ya go @Mister, Rayme nailed it for you ... hopefully.

Sometimes the auto window things get confused if the battery has been disconnected.

OR ...... maybe, the "crickets" ate through the wiring .... or the cricket poop gummed up the window switches.... ;)

humfrz

kALMIGHTY 12-10-2013 01:40 AM

Same thing happened to me a few days ago after a really cold day. It's because your windows freeze shut, and when that little window up/down feature when you open and close the doors tries to work when it's frozen, the window doesn't move and the servo motor basically goes out of sync and gets confused, so it starts to blink.
Rolling it down all the way and holding it and then pulling it up all the way and holding it resets the servo and syncs it back up to the window. Nothing to be alarmed about.

Hachiroku14 12-10-2013 04:10 AM

got my car today with this, thanks for the help! This should be a sticky!

Mister 12-10-2013 07:56 AM

Thank you @Rayme!
Tried the fix this morning, that does indeed work.
I was alarmed, I thought there was a loose connection in the door.

humfrz 12-10-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hachiroku14 (Post 1380329)

Yep, the sticky could say "read page 53 of the owners manual" .... ;)

humfrz

Cahue 12-10-2013 05:21 PM

Man, I was getting pretty nervous and angry at my windows and the blinking of the window switches.

Thanks Rayme. You're a life saver.

mav1178 12-10-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 1380620)
Yep, the sticky could say "read page 53 of the owners manual" .... ;)

humfrz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hachiroku14 (Post 1380329)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister (Post 1380452)
Thank you @Rayme!
Tried the fix this morning, that does indeed work.
I was alarmed, I thought there was a loose connection in the door.

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/712...316DSTIS_3.pdf

Page 70.

-alex

humfrz 12-10-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav1178 (Post 1381743)

page 72 (BRZ); page 53 (FR-S) ..... ;)

humfrz

Steve201brz 12-11-2013 01:49 PM

Had this issue this morning when my window froze. Window wouldn't go down and switches were flashing.
Blasted the heat for a while to thaw out the windows before trying the fix. Just posting to say that it works. :thumbup:

Evil Jesus 12-11-2013 03:38 PM

So does no one read the manuals to their products anymore? That's the first thing I do.

Steve201brz 12-11-2013 05:04 PM

I read it front to back but some of it wasn't as straight forward as I thought it should be. Then again I have terrible reading comprehension I've always learned faster being shown then told... Sometimes someone else explaining it just sinks in a lot better :iono: