Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Innovate (Sprintex) Supercharger Owners Topic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40066)

Dream20b 04-10-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam69 (Post 2616025)
So had this happened before the 335 went on or has it only just gone pear shaped since fitting ?

I think I flooded it trying to start it and then either bent a rod or valve.

riboyster 04-10-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream20b (Post 2616747)
I think I flooded it trying to start it and then either bent a rod or valve.

Has this happened with other motors before? Could the starter even crank hard enough?
This is a dire circumstance. If a flooded motor means bent rods then we're all screwed.

Dream20b 04-10-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riboyster (Post 2616761)
Has this happened with other motors before? Could the starter even crank hard enough?
This is a dire circumstance. If a flooded motor means bent rods then we're all screwed.

It was losing fuel pressure immediately after starting, i'm told, causing these issues.

riboyster 04-10-2016 09:28 PM

Running too lean, you mean?
While on the topic, anyone else have a much harder time cranking on hot starts?

sam69 04-10-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riboyster (Post 2617209)
Running too lean, you mean?
While on the topic, anyone else have a much harder time cranking on hot starts?

Hot or cold starts makes no difference with mine starts easy as .

riboyster 04-11-2016 01:25 AM

Must be my battery...

SlowShifter 04-11-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calispec (Post 2615768)
Right now I am working through the issue with my tuner. I want to say its something mechanical because it started out of nowhere.. but everything I can come up with points back to a tuning issue.. I will keep you posted with what I find. If this lasts for a year I will go insane and end up replacing everything. I hate it when I can't figure out what is wrong. :mad0259:

Just an update, put in a K&N air filter and the problem still exists. But it did seem to improve overall performance a little bit, but could be placebo! Think I may change out the fuel filter next.

riboyster 04-11-2016 11:03 PM

What's the smallest pulley you guys have run without intercooler? Thinking about upgrading while I save for IC and monitoring knock

quiksiv 04-12-2016 07:31 PM

I just bought a Sprintex, with intercooler.
I was curious what do i need to get started?

oil catch can?
injectors?
oil cooler?

sam69 04-12-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quiksiv (Post 2619833)
I just bought a Sprintex, with intercooler.
I was curious what do i need to get started?

oil catch can?
injectors?
oil cooler?

Catch can on rear crankcase vent is not a bad thing but I don't have one as yet.

Stock injectors and pump are fine for pump gas.

Oil cooler with thermostat is very worthwhile imo .

quiksiv 04-12-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam69 (Post 2619844)
Catch can on rear crankcase vent is not a bad thing but I don't have one as yet.

Stock injectors and pump are fine for pump gas.

Oil cooler with thermostat is very worthwhile imo .

Brand recommendations?

Harro 04-13-2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quiksiv (Post 2619864)
Brand recommendations?

I run a mishimoto oil cooler with thermostat, works incredibly well in Queenslands hot 35 degree C Summers. If it's cooler where you're at maybe something with a smaller radiator would help.

Chad86 04-13-2016 10:29 AM

My install is on the 26th and I'm trying to remember something I read in this thread about when adding boost to our cars, clamps need to be added to specific hoses that will eventually come loose and disconnect causing loss of power as there are no clamps from factory, due to not being boosted initially. Does anyone know what this would be specifically that I can tell my mechanic?

Spartarus 04-13-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad86 (Post 2620399)
My install is on the 24th and I'm trying to remember something I read in this thread about when adding boost to our cars, clamps need to be added to specific hoses that will eventually come loose and disconnect causing loss of power as there are no clamps from factory, due to not being boosted initially. Does anyone know what this would be specifically that I can tell my mechanic?

This is an issue on turbo cars. Particularly the evap solenoid line under the intake manifold.. The sprintex manifold replaces your OEM intake manifold, and relocates the problematic lines, thus eliminating that problem.

In other words, no, don't worry about it.