Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Crap. Now I have done it. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31145)

Apex Chase 03-14-2013 10:24 PM

Crap. Now I have done it.

My local Toyota/Scion dealer finally received an FRS that wasn't sold before it arrived and they gave me the call to come take if for a spin. I was worried that after all these months of reading magazine articles and this forum praising the car that I would have built it up too much and be disappointed. I WAS NOT! This is a seriously fun car! I need to wait a little longer before pulling the trigger but, I have to say, my mind is pretty well made up.

GT 86 Brah 03-14-2013 10:52 PM

haha nice description of what you drive. well played!

"Drives: it like I stole it!"

shawnperolis 03-14-2013 11:26 PM

haha should have just bough it! I did something similar... My Civic was causing me some headaches so I test drove an FRS. I immediately bought it because WOW.

cfusionpm 03-14-2013 11:31 PM

It definitely doesn't have that acceleration punch of some other cars in the price range, but run it through some corners and I wouldn't want to be in anything else. It's just super fun, planted, and great to drive. Probably one of the best car's I've driven, including ones that cost 4 times as much.

Clembo 03-15-2013 04:29 AM

My Two Cents...

My Mustang cost a little bit more. It's also faster. But it's also a lot less fun to drive.

Enraged21 03-15-2013 08:07 AM

Test drove one yesterday. It lives up to the hype. Even the automatic was like WOW!

AbsolutKev86 03-15-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enraged21 (Post 795099)
Test drove one yesterday. It lives up to the hype. Even the automatic was like WOW!

time to join the dark side!!!! hehe

Apex Chase 03-15-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT 86 Brah (Post 794555)
haha nice description of what you drive. well played!

"Drives: it like I stole it!"

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnperolis (Post 794633)
haha should have just bough it! I did something similar... My Civic was causing me some headaches so I test drove an FRS. I immediately bought it because WOW.

Everything was perfect except the color. I am also trying to figure out if I want to wait for a 2014 model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfusionpm (Post 794646)
It definitely doesn't have that acceleration punch of some other cars in the price range, but run it through some corners and I wouldn't want to be in anything else. It's just super fun, planted, and great to drive. Probably one of the best car's I've driven, including ones that cost 4 times as much.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolutKev86 (Post 795102)
time to join the dark side!!!! hehe

I think they have me.

Porsche 03-16-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfusionpm (Post 794646)
It's just super fun, planted, and great to drive. Probably one of the best car's I've driven, including ones that cost 4 times as much.

NO!

Shhhh...

Not so loud.

You don't want fatoni in this thread, too, now do you?! :D

"This is the most FUN car I've ever driven." -Mrs. Porsche upon returning to the dealership following a test drive.

fatoni 03-16-2013 01:29 AM

Good timing though. You can actually find them on lots now.

Porsche 03-16-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatoni (Post 796993)
Good timing though. You can actually find them on lots now.

Oh, God…

That didn’t take long.

You’re not going to start up, again, are you? ;)

suaveflooder 03-16-2013 01:49 AM

The FRS/BRZ are junk. You were hypnotized by the dealer. It was all a dream. Slow and cheap. :D

lol, honestly, I came from a 500 rwhp cobra and I was told I would regret the swap. Friends and family alike. I have not regretted it a single day. The FRS/BRZ is better than its hype. I was hooked after my first test drive. There is something about this car that is SUPER addicting! As said before....welcome to the dark side :thumbup:

AbsolutKev86 03-16-2013 07:31 AM

wooohoooo!!!!

SteveGrillo 03-16-2013 08:57 AM

I tried finding a replacement for my Integra Type-R for probably 3 years. Drove tons of "fast" cars, but they just weren't FUN.

Took the brz out, and by the 2nd corner, I knew it was what I'd been looking for. It just puts a smile on your face at every corner. And even when below the speed limit. :)

Steve