Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   subaru brz ts wing install (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132862)

blkmamba 02-07-2019 10:57 PM

subaru brz ts wing install

Would anyone know where to find or has the install instructions for the subaru brz ts factory gt wing? Any help would be awesome!

Clutch Dog 02-09-2019 10:54 PM

Just throwing a voice of caution to the wind here.

I attempted for a few weeks to track down a brz tS wing, and while i "think" I found it. *part number only no photos* the price tag was somewhere north of 3500 bucks new.

vs something like a wide foot 2D GTC200 or APR wing which is way cheaper I would recommend looking at those vs the tS wing.

Now if you happened to have a guy who sold you one. from my reading there ismore into that wing and trunk with bracing than a straight install.

I would recommend looking for professional installation as such

All my findings have been they sit in a similar spot to the 17+ wings but the base will not cover those premade holes perfectly (its close enough to get away with)

Mr.ac 02-09-2019 11:49 PM

If you car comfortable drilling holes in your trunk lid then you can do it. Just YouTube it.

Simple stuff, but for some one that has no experience drilling into body panel, I highly recommend you take it to a pro.

nikitopo 02-10-2019 02:21 AM

You need the pattern paper that shows where to drill on the trunk. If you buy the wing new from STI, then they'll include it. Otherwise, you 'll need to make a guess where to drill using pictures from other cars. Maybe @DSOmegaX has still the pattern paper, but I don't think he joins that often nowadays.

YamahaR86 02-10-2019 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3184231)
If you car comfortable drilling holes in your trunk lid then you can do it. Just YouTube it.

Simple stuff, but for some one that has no experience drilling into body panel, I highly recommend you take it to a pro.

Wouldn't you have to rust-proof the holes as well?

blkmamba 02-10-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikitopo (Post 3184262)
You need the pattern paper that shows where to drill on the trunk. If you buy the wing new from STI, then they'll include it. Otherwise, you 'll need to make a guess where to drill using pictures from other cars. Maybe @DSOmegaX has still the pattern paper, but I don't think he joins that often nowadays.

Thanks! i just msged him on ig, hope he can help me out. For some odd reason it didnt come with instruction nor template on where to drill the holes, all it came in the box was the assembled wing and hardware. I'm just like umm ok this isn't good. lmao