Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Suicidal (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135549)

Howaitoguru 07-01-2019 08:29 PM

Suicidal

My sister died last year 6/22 her birthday is 7/3. I told myself at 17 I was going to kill myself I wasn’t rich by 27. I’m 23 now and I don’t see it happening. I’m depressed. I’m about ready to push it up sooner. Idk what to do. Drugs aren’t helping. Alcohol isn’t helping. I’m tired of the bullshit. I got a 5 year old I haven’t seen since he was 6 months old. I’m just losing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p1l0t 07-01-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howaitoguru (Post 3232736)
My sister died last year 6/22 her birthday is 7/3. I told myself at 17 I was going to kill myself I wasn’t rich by 27. I’m 23 now and I don’t see it happening. I’m depressed. I’m about ready to push it up sooner. Idk what to do. Drugs aren’t helping. Alcohol isn’t helping. I’m tired of the bullshit. I got a 5 year old I haven’t seen since he was 6 months old. I’m just losing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 37, still not rich. But I can tell you that my 30s were way better than my 20s. At this age your old enough to know what you want out of life, but still young enough to enjoy it. I wouldn't take to your 30s away from yourself just because your 20s have been rough. Do you have friends and family to talk to? You don't have to outright tell them you are a risk to yourself but you could clue them in that you need some emotional help. Never make permanent choices if you can make less permanent ones. Your mind can make you feel like there is no other option, but there are ALWAYS other options.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

HKz 07-01-2019 09:30 PM

hey man I hear ya, I thought money was important and after my divorce and losing my kid for a few years such thoughts crossed my mind as well. However I refocused my life goals and currently I feel pretty content with life because now I focus on my interests and hobbies like playing the guitar, tennis with friends, video games, car enthusiasm, etc...things I can venture into deeply until I die..my 2 cents is that anyone who focuses on this fake capitalistic system of money is bound to be unhappy EVEN if they become rich AF because guess what it isn't what life is about! If you don't have real life long interests & hobbies, then no matter how much money you have, life will always feel empty and boring! stay strong brother, life is all about finding challenges that you like to get dirty in.. don't fret if it doesn't come naturally, like everything in life it takes time..

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 07-02-2019 01:09 AM

This may sound trivial but how is your sleep?

Sleep deprivation (getting 6 hours a night or less) is behind almost all of the ailments that plague humans, including depression, suicidal thoughts, suicidal attempts. For example, the less sleep a teenager gets, the more likely they’re to commit suicide, and most importantly, carry it out to completion.

You mentioned drugs and alcohol. What kinds of drugs? I hope they’re not the kind that are supposed to help you sleep because the sleep they bring is not the kind you need. I hope you take the time to get at the root of what’s causing the health issues that you’re taking the drugs for and realize that the pills only treat the symptoms and not the underlying cause.

Notice I haven’t said anything about money or anything else. It’s important to understand that it’s not the problem. That is not what’s causing you to be depressed. However if you live a lifestyle detrimental to your health (lack of sleep, drugs, malnutrition, shift work), your mind simply focuses on the negative. The resulting depression is the manifestation of your physical state, not the other way around. So I hope you identify what that is and deal with the issue. Leave the drugs and get good sleep. Good luck!

alan.chalkley 07-02-2019 03:58 AM

Money is not important , good relationships with people is most important , because we are all given just a short amount of time on this planet.

spike021 07-02-2019 04:54 AM

Hang in there. There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel, even if there are some obstacles on the way.

Unfortunately society tries to push this idea of being “rich” and how it’s this big necessary thing in order for us to be “successful.”

Maybe try to find a hobby or something to do and work at. Like rock climbing or building electronics with arduinos or something. You could really invest into anything like that and become rich in knowledge. Then use that experience to teach others. Maybe do videos on those things for kids.

Aiming to become rich doesn’t have to do with money.

I hope you can figure some things out.

JD001 07-02-2019 07:08 AM

Look on the positive, you're 23, have a BRZ and a child that you will see soon enough. Getting rich is never a dream to chase, you want to find a job that you enjoy and friends that you like being with.. all else will fall into place.

There are folk on this forum that I'm sure seen good and bad in life but frequent this place to have a laugh and joke.

The twenties are a ball breaker, as peer pressure and other shite comes into play but stick with it and you'll come out to see the brighter side of things.

why? 07-02-2019 07:17 AM

Our society is a disgusting cesspool. Ignore it.

The only thing that matters is you and what you want. Figure that out and go for it. That is what will make you happy. If you fail, so what? Failure is a part of life. The greatest men in our history failed so many times at everything they did, but they kept on going until they succeeded.

Life is a grueling evil slog of one brawl after another. It sucks, it is meant to suck, and the people that do well just keep on fighting. You cannot control what is outside, and it is never a path to anything. Figure out who you are, and cater to yourself, and nothing that happens will be as big of a deal.

SkyeHack 07-02-2019 09:29 AM

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb24RrHIbFk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb24RrHIbFk[/ame]

Leonardo 07-02-2019 09:50 AM

I don't know you, but want to share that I struggle too. I will be 39 in a few days. And have found that, for me anyway, alcohol does more harm than good. Additionally, Money is not the path to happiness. (sure, it helps) But the key to happiness, IMO, is finding something that you love doing that also makes money.

I have a list of things taped to my dash that I look at on my drive home. Its all the things I'm thankful for and have to live for. Simple things like this help more than you would think.

Sleep is also SUPER IMPORTANT, as others have mentioned.

Also, exercise (running) helps me stay happy! (and healthy)

My mom's birthday is also tomorrow.

OP, Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you have a lot to live for, don't give up on yourself or your family.

EAGLE5 07-02-2019 10:14 AM

Drop everything and:
Call 1-800-273-8255
OR text HOME to 741741
OR chat at http://chat.suicidepreventionlifelin...elineChat.aspx

Suicidal thoughts are not uncommon, and you can get past them then live happily. Two of my best friends were suicidal and one point, and both are living good lives decades on. Don't listen to your 17-year-old self. Be wise. You can get feel better.

Also self-medicating with drugs and alcohol can make the feelings worse. There are other prescription drugs that can help.

Tokay444 07-02-2019 10:34 AM

Being rich isn't about how much money you have.
Money is important, yes. You need money to procure the essentials, but it shouldn't be the be-all end-all of your focus. That may be why you're feeling so down...
Perhaps a shift in focus will put you on a happier path.

HaXx 07-02-2019 10:36 AM

Time heals, friend. Let it.

MuseChaser 07-02-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by why? (Post 3232863)
The only thing that matters is you and what you want. Figure that out and go for it. That is what will make you happy...

That attitude is WHY so many people are unhappy. The OP STARTED with, basically, what he thought mattered most to him and going for it (being rich). Obviously, that didn't work out. If we all lived as if ourselves and our wants were the only things that mattered, the world would be an incredibly miserable place. What matters is the good we can do for others, and the gratitude we can express for what we DO have. That's where happiness lives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsimon7777 (Post 3232904)
Drop everything and:
Call 1-800-273-8255
OR text HOME to 741741
OR chat at http://chat.suicidepreventionlifelin...elineChat.aspx

EXACTLY.. not hyperbole. OP, if you are reading this, do EXACTLY this. Call that number immediately... turn off your computer, and talk with a human being you can hear who can help you. NOW.