Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Fellow Foodie Thread >:3 !! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71190)

Pish 07-31-2014 10:04 AM

Fellow Foodie Thread >:3 !!

Hey there everyone !

I am starting a new thread about something very important to me ... GOOD FOOD !!!

Normally I would just post in the activity/meet thread but I do not think it is appropriate to blow up that thread with pictures of mouth-watering edible delight :drool:

So the rules to this thread are simple !
1) Name of place , time , address , meetup point for any open-invitation food outings !

Ex :
"What up peeps ?!
Gonna go ham at Tatami for the lunch buffet tomorrow 9/1 @1pm !!

10123 N Wolfe Rd #2001, Cupertino, CA 95014

If you are down to eat , meet up in front of the restaurant inside Vallco !
I'll try to park in the second floor parking lot , look for Sophie !"

2) When writing review/experience at a place , be sure to include name , address , what was good/bad , service (because it is possible to not enjoy a meal as well because service was crap even if the food is great) , overall experience and recommendation when visiting !

3) And most importantly .....
:needpics:

We live in an area bless with amazing food and a giant diversity of cuisine , let us take full advantage of it !!!

HAPPY EATING EVERYONE !

unsurety 07-31-2014 12:08 PM

This has huge potential!!

Pish 07-31-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsurety (Post 1875264)
This has huge potential!!

Yup yup !

Lots of times I go out to eat and I run into other members in the same plaza , why not try to organize it and eat together :bonk: ?

jlu 07-31-2014 01:36 PM

Most likely off topic but... Tatami sort of sucks. :(

Well, sucks is maybe too strong of a word. But it's really hit or miss, with hit being "average" and miss being "I think I have food poisoning."

Source: used to eat there way too often

Anyways this is a good idea, I need to find new and exciting places to eat anyways. :D

Pish 07-31-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlu (Post 1875474)
Most likely off topic but... Tatami sort of sucks. :(

Well, sucks is maybe too strong of a word. But it's really hit or miss, with hit being "average" and miss being "I think I have food poisoning."

Source: used to eat there way too often

Anyways this is a good idea, I need to find new and exciting places to eat anyways. :D

Nah I know what you mean ! Quality sure has dropped since it was Todai but I still like going for lunch since it isn't too expensive and I have to ball on a budget haha :p

And this is not considered off topic because you are chiming in on your experiences there !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

JakeFromStateFarm 07-31-2014 04:31 PM

When i try to take pictures of my food.

http://d3dsacqprgcsqh.cloudfront.net...o_460sa_v1.gif

aaguilar3 07-31-2014 05:20 PM

Hey Guys,

I have a suggestion for those in the San Jose area. How about Le Bon de Cuisine on Sunday 8/2 for lunch at noon? Le Bon for short, is a French/Vietnamese fusion restaurant and is amazing. It would be great to get to know you guys a bit more since I could not stay that long for my last southbay meetup. Let me know what you guys think. We can all park directly in front of the restaurant, as there is plenty of space. Here is the yelp for the restaurant if you guys want to check it out. http://www.yelp.com/biz/le-bon-de-cuisine-san-jose

Pwolf 07-31-2014 06:27 PM

Screw you guys and your bay area food options :cry:

unsurety 07-31-2014 07:07 PM

I have suggestions for those in SF. Probably my favorite fried chicken joint is in SF, San Tung. It's on Irving street. Almost always a line, but it goes by quick.

Every table you see there will have a plate of their dry fried chicken wings, and the green beans.

AyeItsStevie 07-31-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwolf (Post 1876141)

But you guys have Taro's by Mikuni. ;-;

BigFatFlip 07-31-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

I'm not so sure about that. I am yet to have Mexican food as good as what I've had in the valley.

AyeItsStevie 07-31-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatFlip (Post 1876309)
I'm not so sure about that. I am yet to have Mexican food as good as what I've had in the valley.

Have you tried the tacos at Taqueria Vallarta in San Francisco? It's off of Cesar Chavez and a block down from Humphrey Slocomb ice cream.

Pish 07-31-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsurety (Post 1876204)
I have suggestions for those in SF. Probably my favorite fried chicken joint is in SF, San Tung. It's on Irving street. Almost always a line, but it goes by quick.

Every table you see there will have a plate of their dry fried chicken wings, and the green beans.

Just came back from there ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jlu 08-01-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

I was stuck up in Rancho Cordova for work for 7 months and I found a few places I liked in Folsom while seeing how much damage I could do to my corporate expense account and liver...

Land Ocean, a steak and seafood place, has great ribeye (I literally ate one or two of those a week for 7 months straight).

Saffron Grill has amazing Persian food.

Pho ABC is comparable with some of the great Vietnamese places in San Jose.

There's a few solid sushi options (I was surprised, pretty much every sushi place I went to besides a few were average to above average; I was expecting terrible to mediocre Japanese food).

Oz Korean BBQ is legit, especially for an all you can eat place. It's so much better than the all you can eat place in the Bay Area (Palace).

Man I'm getting hungry typing all this...