Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Drove my BRZ today, did not crash... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124682)

Brink 01-15-2018 12:41 AM

Drove my BRZ today, did not crash...

The FR-S section has one of these, why not us? I was just gonna post in theirs but started scrolling through several pages of messages and it looked like it was pretty much just the FR-S owners in there, with an occasional post from a BRZ just commenting on someone else's post rather than sharing their own story. I'll start.

Making a left turn from San Antonio onto California today, coming off a red light. I was in the outside of the two left turn lanes, a couple pickups in the inside lane next to me. I start off nice and slow, let the pickup next to me pull ahead and get a nice open space next to me. Next thing I know the pickup which is now just ahead of me (which was right next to me waiting on the red light) is halfway into my lane. They corrected pretty quickly and got back into the proper lane, but if I had kept pace with them going into the turn they probably would have just gone sideways into me. There used to just be a single left turn lane there, was only recently redone to get 2 lanes there, so I'm guessing it was someone who was used to the single turn lane.

If there's anyone else from this area on here you're probably familiar with this intersection. The left turn here used to back up like crazy, seems to mostly work better now with the 2 lanes but if you're going straight down San Antonio through this intersection the lanes do not line up at all, but that's pretty much par for the course on San Antonio.

mjanmohammad 01-15-2018 09:27 AM

30 degrees this morning. Drove to work. Did not crash.

Flash02 01-19-2018 11:42 AM

Yep! Drove out of my snow covered driveway to turn onto icy snow covered road, the entire time I thought I was going to slide into a ditch. Of course I did not, actually there was no real wheel slip. Made it to work with no issues. Still totally in love with this car, and the stick tires are done I’ll get something more suited to bad weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zizon93 01-19-2018 02:43 PM

22 degrees this morning, drove to work with factory tires. Did not crash. I was bit scared whenever I slide a bit on frozen road.

deejaylew 01-19-2018 03:32 PM

The problem with this thread is that most BRZ owners crash daily, hence the low participation rate.

I kid, I kid.

TheRoops 01-19-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brink (Post 3028192)
The FR-S section has one of these, why not us? I was just gonna post in theirs but started scrolling through several pages of messages and it looked like it was pretty much just the FR-S owners in there, with an occasional post from a BRZ just commenting on someone else's post rather than sharing their own story. I'll start.

Making a left turn from San Antonio onto California today, coming off a red light. I was in the outside of the two left turn lanes, a couple pickups in the inside lane next to me. I start off nice and slow, let the pickup next to me pull ahead and get a nice open space next to me. Next thing I know the pickup which is now just ahead of me (which was right next to me waiting on the red light) is halfway into my lane. They corrected pretty quickly and got back into the proper lane, but if I had kept pace with them going into the turn they probably would have just gone sideways into me. There used to just be a single left turn lane there, was only recently redone to get 2 lanes there, so I'm guessing it was someone who was used to the single turn lane.

If there's anyone else from this area on here you're probably familiar with this intersection. The left turn here used to back up like crazy, seems to mostly work better now with the 2 lanes but if you're going straight down San Antonio through this intersection the lanes do not line up at all, but that's pretty much par for the course on San Antonio.

Long Beach?

tehShirt 01-19-2018 04:38 PM

24 degrees this morning. I did not crash, but witnessed a 3 car pile-up.

bababooey 01-19-2018 04:44 PM

missed a slight fender bender. two lanes turning left from a redlight, the outside car decides too many cars are in que ahead in his lane at next redlight, cuts over into my lane mid turn.. grrrr. its not first time that has happened to myself so im well aware of this condition..

spike021 01-19-2018 04:45 PM

Drove to work today. Pushed rpms past 4k a couple times. Car didn't die.

:burnrubber:

deejaylew 01-19-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3030561)
Drove to work today. Pushed rpms past 4k a couple times. Car didn't die.

:burnrubber:

This guy. On public roads mind you.

buddysim 01-19-2018 05:04 PM

T-boned on my way home from work. Wait..

iggy 01-19-2018 05:07 PM

Took the car on the highway today.

I'm ashamed to admit that I drove 5mph over the speed limit while simultaneously changing the radio station. Should I turn myself in?

Somerandom18 01-19-2018 05:13 PM

Got my license back today. Took the long way to work. Did not crash.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Brink 01-19-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deejaylew (Post 3030519)
The problem with this thread is that most BRZ owners crash daily, hence the low participation rate.

I kid, I kid.

Hey, these aren't Mustangs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRoops (Post 3030543)
Long Beach?

No, Palo Alto/Mountain View/Los Altos area. I'm not actually sure which city that particular intersection is in, probably Los Altos. The city lines are a bit fuzzy around there.

Also, drove my BRZ to work today, then home, then to work again, then to the gym, then back home. Did not crash, though some idiot tried to pull out of a driveway into my lane too slowly and without enough space (this is on a road where traffic is ~45 mph) and I had to hit the brakes harder than I would have liked. Held the horn down so long it actually changed pitch after a bit.