Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   BRZ with TRD Lowering Springs (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92822)

rbatyko 08-04-2015 01:06 PM

BRZ with TRD Lowering Springs

Hi all--

Have a '14 BRZ and am strongly considering TRD lowering springs (a la my dealership, just to avoid any headache). The reviews seem strong, anyone have these springs on a BRZ? Would love to see how they look with the Subie's lines.

Also, if anyone has had them put on by their dealership, mind sharing approx. how much labor was? Just curious.

Thanks!

WhiteFRS69 08-04-2015 01:16 PM

full thread on them

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=41348&page=18

Createddeleted 08-04-2015 01:58 PM

At the dealer, it will vary from $400-600 to put them on. (Including alignment)

ShadowReaper 03-13-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteFRS69 (Post 2345752)

This is what is destroying this website. It's real easy to just answer the question, and THEN sharing the link. Now here I am in the same situation and you've made this thread useless to the topic, and now pointed to take a loop around an old thread Cheers!

Mr.ac 03-13-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbatyko (Post 2345743)
Hi all--

Have a '14 BRZ and am strongly considering TRD lowering springs (a la my dealership, just to avoid any headache). The reviews seem strong, anyone have these springs on a BRZ? Would love to see how they look with the Subie's lines.

Also, if anyone has had them put on by their dealership, mind sharing approx. how much labor was? Just curious.

Thanks!

Welcome,
Google could have saved you all this time waiting for a response.
99.9% of BRZ and frs/86 parts are interchangeable.

Any idiot with a wrench can install lowering springs. Seriously just YouTube it. All the info is out there. Hell if you don't have tools, rent them at most auto part stores.
Given the proper work space, it's a 3-4 hour job with a buddy and a beer in one hand.

churchx 03-13-2020 09:38 PM

Idiot with wrench won't be able to do proper alignment, which is needed after such work on suspension taking struts out to change springs and also due toe & camber changes from lowering. While DIY alignment is possible, still extra tools for that are needed, outside just wrench scope, and it's major PITA and takes lot of time (even more so if done for first time), making it sense to do alignment in shop with proper alignment rig. And if so, maybe it's simpler/quicker to do spring change there too. Though i'd probably would go for good reputation suspension shop then to dealership, to save on costs and possibly have better quality work (especially if i want non-OE alignment and have non-OE other suspension parts).

strat61caster 03-13-2020 10:21 PM

tolerances are very tight unless you have a fucked up car, geometry change up front will be negligible, rear will add some negative camber and toe in, neither will be problematic, I wouldn't hesitate to slap lowering springs onto this chassis as a monkey and let it ride

~I've disassembled and reassembled my suspension probably 20 times on this car, mark any adjustable parts on the car if you're touching them, put them back where they came from (protip; factory stock you don't have anything adjustable to change on you)

Edit: applause to mr.ac, yelling at a post from 5 years ago, go get 'em champ

FeRS 03-16-2020 01:53 PM

FWIW I'd recommend RCE Yellows. They match the stock dampers better than any other lowering spring I've seen. You can take them to a shop if you don't want to put them in yourself.