Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Broken Rear Window Glass - Ideal Replacement? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131920)

funwheeldrive 12-15-2018 10:50 AM

Broken Rear Window Glass - Ideal Replacement?

Hey guys, it was super windy last night and a tree branch fell and broke the rear glass on my car. I tried searching around here for the best replacement option but couldn't find any information.

I found lots of stuff related to the windshield, but not the rear glass. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to go through for replacing the glass, and where I should get the glass from? Ideally I would like the repair to be as OEM as possible. I figured I would try and get everything done through the dealer, but wanted to ask around here too to get more opinions. Thanks in advance.

Tcoat 12-15-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funwheeldrive (Post 3164033)
Hey guys, it was super windy last night and a tree branch fell and broke the rear glass on my car. I tried searching around here for the best replacement option but couldn't find any information.

I found lots of stuff related to the windshield, but not the rear glass. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to go through for replacing the glass, and where I should get the glass from? Ideally I would like the repair to be as OEM as possible. I figured I would try and get everything done through the dealer, but wanted to ask around here too to get more opinions. Thanks in advance.

All info that applies to the windshield is the same for the rear glass. Any decent glass place can fix it up as good as new.

humfrz 12-15-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funwheeldrive (Post 3164033)

Well, that's a shame - yep, it sure was windy last night - :(

I suggest you follow Tcoat's advice and get er fixed at any reputable glass shop. I feel you are on the verge of over thinking this. - :iono:

humfrz