Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   CANADA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2017 BRZ OTD Price? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115457)

JBezugs 02-11-2017 02:13 PM

2017 BRZ OTD Price?

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker of the form (pretty much since inception), but now a first time contributor as the time has finally come (graduation is creeping up) for me to purchase a BRZ. All of the changes and updates, plus the rate reduction on financing for 2017's in February because of the auto show means I am looking to lock down a car early.

I've been shopping around a few different dealers throughout the GTA, and I believe from one dealer that I have received a fair price (including a $750 grad discount).

So, just to verify that this is the case before I sign, I'm curious on what any of you paid for a 2017 BRZ Sport-Tech OTD.

Thanks!

EDIT: As an update, the final price I paid was 33,800 OTD, with a 1% rate reduction on financing (due to the auto show) and my $750 graduate discount.

subaruMike 02-11-2017 09:34 PM

$30,620.75(not including tax)

imprezza 02-12-2017 11:18 AM

I paid 27 7xx including grad discount for my 2017 sport tech manual + tax.

What I did was I emailed dealers knowing what the invoice price was (looked up on redflagdeals) and Pretty much negotiated a deal before going in.

I made the mistake of going into a Toyota dealership looking at a left over frs thinking I could swing a good deal. Their pressure tactics pissed me off as a walkin client. Long story short I got a 2017 BRZ sport tech for the same price as the Toyota dealer was willing to sell me a 2016 frs for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WWFT86 02-12-2017 12:34 PM

If you can run 2x 5k events, regardless of how slow, you can save yourself $750 in rebate.

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?W...ebPageID=12912

nico_rsx 02-12-2017 09:22 PM

Hi JBezugs, I'm in the same situation as you. I'm looking to buy a BRZ sport-tech. I haven't gone to the dealer yet.
Could you tell what is the price the dealer gave you? Is it a manual?

JBezugs 02-13-2017 03:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico_rsx (Post 2851661)
Hi JBezugs, I'm in the same situation as you. I'm looking to buy a BRZ sport-tech. I haven't gone to the dealer yet.
Could you tell what is the price the dealer gave you? Is it a manual?

I am still locking down the details with the dealership (will be meeting with them around the end of the week) so I don't have a final price to give you, but I can confirm that it is under $34k OTD (this is all taxes and fees included, plus a $750 graduate discount) for a CWP Sport-Tech, manual.

I encourage you to shop around at multiple dealers in order to get the best price, and if you're in the GTA, I'd definitely recommend taking a look at dealerships outside the GTA as often you can get a better price that way. Haggling with a majority of dealers in the GTA is like pulling teeth, at least in my experience. My girlfriend (who bought a 2015 WRX new around 3 years ago) and a few other friends share the same sentiments.

nico_rsx 02-13-2017 10:25 PM

Thanks.
I'm not in toronto, but in quebec.
I only have 2 dealers close to me, but I also have a toyota dealer, so I will go take a look at the 86 also.
What is the tax % in ontario? So I can compare, because taxes are higher here in quebec.

JBezugs 02-14-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico_rsx (Post 2852471)
Thanks.
I'm not in toronto, but in quebec.
I only have 2 dealers close to me, but I also have a toyota dealer, so I will go take a look at the 86 also.
What is the tax % in ontario? So I can compare, because taxes are higher here in quebec.

13% HST, plus some environmental taxes that get added on to the total.

nico_rsx 02-14-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imprezza (Post 2851379)
I paid 27 7xx including grad discount for my 2017 sport tech manual + tax.

What I did was I emailed dealers knowing what the invoice price was (looked up on redflagdeals) and Pretty much negotiated a deal before going in.

I made the mistake of going into a Toyota dealership looking at a left over frs thinking I could swing a good deal. Their pressure tactics pissed me off as a walkin client. Long story short I got a 2017 BRZ sport tech for the same price as the Toyota dealer was willing to sell me a 2016 frs for

According to unhaggle.com, the invoice for a sport tech is 27773. I don't know how it would be possible to pay the invoice price?

imprezza 02-14-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico_rsx (Post 2853093)
According to unhaggle.com, the invoice for a sport tech is 27773. I don't know how it would be possible to pay the invoice price?

Skills :D

invoice + agreed to dealer markup - grad discount from subaru

I sprung the grad discount on them after we agreed on the price which brought it down close to invoice.

I bought my last subaru from them so that may have helped my cause

wparsons 02-15-2017 01:09 PM

OTD price typically includes tax, extra charges (delivery, PDI, etc) and financing, not just the price you negotiated to.

I would expect the actual OTD pricing to be more like $35k+ with a base price of almost $28k, unless you're paying cash.

brzd 02-15-2017 03:48 PM

I had a 2012 Camry before I got my 2015 FR-S. You might get a better trade in for a Camry at a Toyota dealership if you're going that route.

Subaru wanted about 2.5K less for my Camry so I went with the obvious choice.

Anyways, super excited for you! World's of a difference between a the camry & a twin :burnrubber:

JBezugs 02-15-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brzd (Post 2853714)
I had a 2012 Camry before I got my 2015 FR-S. You might get a better trade in for a Camry at a Toyota dealership if you're going that route.

Subaru wanted about 2.5K less for my Camry so I went with the obvious choice.

Anyways, super excited for you! World's of a difference between a the camry & a twin :burnrubber:

My Camry is staying in the family, as I'll be handing it down to my sister as soon as I pick up the BRZ.
Thanks, I'm excited as well! I'm just happy that I'll be driving something that's super fun, and just as important, is a manual :burnrubber:

xiaowudao 02-15-2017 06:45 PM

I was able to get $1800 off MSRP in Vancouver on a 2017 sport tech manual. $30,365 (includes freight/pdi/dealerfees but not taxes)