Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   interior illumination kit and side window visor (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15395)

davey90 08-23-2012 12:56 AM

interior illumination kit and side window visor

not sure if it's worth starting a new thread. Also, didn't want to hijack another person's thread. :D

My cousin got back from his work trip from Japan and while he was there he asked me if i wanted anything. I asked him if hw could order me a few things from Toyota, before he leaves. So I ordered Toyota's Genuine Interior illumination kit (blue hue) and window visors.

Just wondering if interior illumination kit is an easy install even for noobs.

pretty much what happens is, as you approach the vehicle when its dark, these LED lights automatically turn on, together with the dome light. None of these light blink on and off, rather, they turn on softly and turn off softly i.e. dims up to full intensity and then dims down to off.

They are really nice, and give a classy blue hue to the footwell at night, which makes it really cool.

They turn off after about 10 seconds once the last door has been closed. They automatically come on when you turn the engine off at night at your destination.

I'm thinking of getting my dealer to install it because I just couldn't be bothered with tinkering around with it and potentially messing up other stuff. Though the price for installing this kit is my main concern....

so anyone know how to do it and if it's easy?
I'll get the images up here when they arrive. My cousin had to post it over here.:w00t:

Nardi330 08-23-2012 01:14 AM

i'd think a reputable car sound place would be a better bet than dealers.....

Skorov 08-23-2012 01:28 AM

I can recommend a place if you'd like, davey.

davey90 08-23-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skorov (Post 397155)
I can recommend a place if you'd like, davey.

please do man! would help heaps! xD Cheers dude!:thanks::respekt:

whyreeto 08-23-2012 07:41 AM

hey buddy, DO NOT get the blue illuminated foot lights, i got it from the dealers for 2xx when i got my car...i regret every second of it....

firstly, it looks NOTHING like what you see on photos...eg: i was told by the dealer that the footwell light was the SAME as the one on aurions and rukus. if you go to the toyota website, you can see the illustrations of it and it looks beautiful and classy? but in real life, i was disappointed and shocked to the max bro....that 2xx dollars was not worth it...

from my perspective, ill probably take a photo of this tomorrow and post it here instead, but it is NOT VISIBLE at all during late afternoons (when its getting dark)...and most importantly, its only 60% visible during night times...it DOES NOT look like the ones on the website...

furthermore, as there are PEDALS on the drivers side, the pedals block the majority of the blue lights!! it ONLY looks less than reasonable on the passenger's footwell area.
and for some reason, i think the GT came with standard halogen lights for footwell, but they are just ridiculous, its barely noticeable (worse than the blue lights)...but now, if i stare at the details of the beam, i can see a little yellow mixed with blue...

I AM JUST so devastated!! ill try get a photo for u tomorrow, a photo is worth a thousand words and a thousand regrets!!

whyreeto 08-23-2012 07:43 AM

btw i advise you to install LED strips, as they are much better, the one the dealer gives as just a PARKER like looking thing at the side of the far right (driver's side)...far left (passenger's side)....

I'm sure u can get 2 of those installed as well as the strip for around 200 = better results

Ryan1JZ 08-23-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyreeto (Post 397406)
hey buddy, DO NOT get the blue illuminated foot lights, i got it from the dealers for 2xx when i got my car...i regret every second of it....

firstly, it looks NOTHING like what you see on photos...eg: i was told by the dealer that the footwell light was the SAME as the one on aurions and rukus. if you go to the toyota website, you can see the illustrations of it and it looks beautiful and classy? but in real life, i was disappointed and shocked to the max bro....that 2xx dollars was not worth it...

from my perspective, ill probably take a photo of this tomorrow and post it here instead, but it is NOT VISIBLE at all during late afternoons (when its getting dark)...and most importantly, its only 60% visible during night times...it DOES NOT look like the ones on the website...

furthermore, as there are PEDALS on the drivers side, the pedals block the majority of the blue lights!! it ONLY looks less than reasonable on the passenger's footwell area.
and for some reason, i think the GT came with standard halogen lights for footwell, but they are just ridiculous, its barely noticeable (worse than the blue lights)...but now, if i stare at the details of the beam, i can see a little yellow mixed with blue...

I AM JUST so devastated!! ill try get a photo for u tomorrow, a photo is worth a thousand words and a thousand regrets!!

:lol: i ordered the illumination option :(

RAN94A 08-23-2012 08:33 AM

Glad i didnt now..

click_lenny 08-23-2012 08:43 AM

Sorry 1st, didn't meant to offended anyone here, why would u even think about getting it at the 1st place? 2xx+ dollar, pretty sure u could get something better on that!!

tibsy92 08-23-2012 08:47 AM

Illumination pack is ugly as reeto mentioned not worth it.. gt doesn't even have foot well lights.. so bought a pair of led strips and now gotta find where to tap them to function properly..
$10 led strips will look better I reckon... once I find where...

pr0j 08-23-2012 07:13 PM

My dealer threw it in as a bonus so I said ok sure. If I'm unhappy with the illumination, at least the wiring's there, I can just beef up the lights with some led's.

davey90 08-23-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr0j (Post 398799)
My dealer threw it in as a bonus so I said ok sure. If I'm unhappy with the illumination, at least the wiring's there, I can just beef up the lights with some led's.

have got your car yet? just want to know if wiring is easy.

nix 08-23-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by click_lenny (Post 397485)
Sorry 1st, didn't meant to offended anyone here, why would u even think about getting it at the 1st place? 2xx+ dollar, pretty sure u could get something better on that!!

It's classy like a strip club. Lol sorry Davey. Pics when installed plox.

davey90 08-23-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by click_lenny (Post 397485)

i didn't get it for 2xx+ i got it for way cheaper then that, its like Aus$120 from Japan, besides I didn't pay for it, my cousin considered it as a B-day present for me. Just thought it'll look good.