Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR BRZ TODAY? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10312)

cmiovino 03-20-2024 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezio (Post 3603070)
Put her back down on the ground after being on jack stands all winter. Gave her a bath and headed to the first autocross (for me) of the season.

What's your ride height looking for autox?

I've been running DS for 4 years and actually never owned adjustable coilovers only any of the cars I've run.

My front is set at about 5 1/2 inches at the pinch welds, which allows me to just squeeze my low profile jack under the front in the middle.

Rear I was playing with since the rear driver's side needed to be raised a good bit to get even with the other side. I'm now sitting at about 6" at the pinch welds in the rear, which more or less makes the rear wheel gap look close to stock.

Not sure if the height is going to affect handling much. Still need to get around town (at least to events) and PA has a much of potholes and hills.

Breezio 03-21-2024 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmiovino (Post 3603091)
What's your ride height looking for autox?

I like to measure from the ground to the fenders, or center hub to fenders.
In which case, from center hub to fender, I'm at 13" in the front and 13" in the rear.
Not super low, be certainly a good bit less then stock height.

Even if you had decent roads you don't want to go too low, especially in the rear as it can cause extra stress on your axles.

cmiovino 03-22-2024 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezio (Post 3603109)
I like to measure from the ground to the fenders, or center hub to fenders.
In which case, from center hub to fender, I'm at 13" in the front and 13" in the rear.
Not super low, be certainly a good bit less then stock height.

Even if you had decent roads you don't want to go too low, especially in the rear as it can cause extra stress on your axles.

Yeah, heard about the axle issues.

Just measured: 13.5" front and about 14.25" rear. The rear is sitting a bit high for sure. Car also hasn't been moved since it was last up, so it usually settles about a 1/4" inch. Probably need to come down a good 1/2" to 3/4" in the rear.

Thanks for the measurements.

JD001 03-24-2024 01:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yesterday the BRZeeee had its underside cleaned, dry ice, then coated in Bilt Hamber Dynax UC.

Before and after images:

ajaxburger 04-24-2024 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Kat (Post 3602871)
Today, I installed my new head unit cover. The fitment was absolutely perfect :thumbup:

Attachment 224224

Attachment 224225

Please tell me you still have the link to this panel I have been looking for one for AGES