Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   NorCal (Bay Area) OFF-TOPIC Chat Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24888)

orthojoe 12-23-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere (Post 624880)
Nice, I just found them to be similar yet pretty different.

I'll let you know my thoughts when my BRZ comes in. :happy0180:

PMok 12-24-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRx (Post 624027)
T-Hill is a nice open track to learn. No barriers like mentioned and plenty of run-off. Watch out for the backside tho, if the barriers are still there.

I agree it's a great track for novices. But as I saw today, if youre trying hard enough you'll find something to hit... A 997 managed to lose its front bumper and deploy airbags in the first session of the day. :iono:

orthojoe 12-24-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMok (Post 625010)
I agree it's a great track for novices. But as I saw today, if youre trying hard enough you'll find something to hit... A 997 managed to lose its front bumper and deploy airbags in the first session of the day. :iono:

Bummer. Turn 15 bites another one...

JackSmiley 12-24-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere (Post 624508)
You've never even told me what offset they come in.

They only come in +25 and +45 offset.

BlaineWasHere 12-24-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSmiley (Post 625151)
They only come in +25 and +45 offset.

So the +45 offset would prob work but now you add in the adapters which will add another 15-20mm of offset (remember you'll have this problem in the front also).

Just find a wheel that comes in proper fitment, I think that's the ugliest Volk wheel anyway.

JackSmiley 12-24-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere (Post 625396)
So the +45 offset would prob work but now you add in the adapters which will add another 15-20mm of offset (remember you'll have this problem in the front also).

Just find a wheel that comes in proper fitment, I think that's the ugliest Volk wheel anyway.

Yeah, might just go with gramlight 57 extremes or wedsports.

PMok 12-24-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthojoe (Post 625013)
Bummer. Turn 15 bites another one...

actually I wasn't there but I heard it was coming out of turns 12-13. Applied too much power coming out of there onto the back straight and looped it. It was really slippery and wet out there, even in my modestly powered BRZ I was getting some wheelspin mid-corner.

MyRx 12-24-2012 02:26 PM

Thursday looks like no rain. If so, anyone care for a drive? I'd like to break 100 miles on the odo going thru Redwood Rd, Mines Rd, Calaveras, or the likes. Can meet at Hacienda Starbucks (580 Dublin) or Castro Valley before driving. Skyline Blvd to Oakland is a nice, docile drive. Bring ur photo equipment. If u've never been to the 'wall' on Skyline, u could see the entire bay.

BigFatFlip 12-24-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRx (Post 625591)
Thursday looks like no rain. If so, anyone care for a drive? I'd like to break 100 miles on the odo going thru Redwood Rd, Mines Rd, Calaveras, or the likes. Can meet at Hacienda Starbucks (580 Dublin) or Castro Valley before driving. Skyline Blvd to Oakland is a nice, docile drive. Bring ur photo equipment. If u've never been to the 'wall' on Skyline, u could see the entire bay.

Damn, what time did you have in mind? Those are some great beautiful roads I frequent since I work around the area (I could hit Redwood rd.-Skyline-lake Chabot and back to work in exactly a lunch break). Don't know what "wall" you're talking about. Would love to join ya, but working the rest of that week :thumbdown:

MyRx 12-24-2012 02:57 PM

Nice. Glad u know the roads.

The 'wall' is just a stopping/lookout point and on a clear day, SF and the entire bay is gorgeous.

Haven't made a time yet since I either drops the kids in Castro Valley or take them with me. They would love the drive too.

What time is ur lunch about?

Touge Monster 12-24-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRx (Post 625591)

Do you mean the "WALL" @ Grizzly Peak? Thats the only wall I know of in that area and it is an awsome view popular biker spot.

PMok 12-24-2012 05:49 PM

just a reminder we have the meet on Weds the 26th @ Union City. But I would be down for a small group drive on Thurs as well. :)

I've driven Redwood Rd/Skyline/Grizzly Peak many times but never been able to figure out what/where exactly is the Wall... my guess is there isn't much space there for many cars to park? Just a small turnout where bikers like to stop.

MyRx 12-24-2012 06:01 PM

Yes, Grizzly Peak. Not a parking lot for a lot of cars but a couple fit. My idea is just to drive and learn the car.

BigFatFlip 12-24-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRx (Post 625623)
What time is ur lunch about?

Usually 12 or 12:30, but my work is a little unpredictable and can change at short notice :mad0260: