Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Passanger window problems (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53318)

jaymannj 12-11-2013 01:16 PM

Passanger window problems

Will not open or close with driver door control but will work with passanger side control... Wierd

Foobar 12-11-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymannj (Post 1383512)
Will not open or close with driver door control but will work with passanger side control... Wierd

Reset it. Hold down passenger control for about 5 secs then close the window and hold it on up for about 5 secs

Boom 12-11-2013 01:29 PM

were the lights on the button flashing? She did that to me the other day cuz I tried to roll down the window when it was frozen. Started working again once it all melted... :iono:

jaymannj 12-11-2013 01:30 PM

No flash whatsoever and its only driver side control thats not working for opening it...passanger side switch works tho

AznBRZer 12-11-2013 01:43 PM

Gee whiz...another thread? I'm about to make a thread so everyone can hassle the mods to make it a permanent sticky.

The car needs to be on ACC 2 mode in order to reset the windows.

Foobar 12-11-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznBRZer (Post 1383592)
Gee whiz...another thread? I'm about to make a thread so everyone can hassle the mods to make it a permanent sticky.

Hmm I just did it this morning with my engine on.

AznBRZer 12-11-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foobar (Post 1383848)
Hmm I just did it this morning with my engine on.

Hmmm...must be different on the a/t? It didn't work when my engine was on.

WRXGuy1 12-11-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznBRZer (Post 1383592)

Works fine for me with the engine on too on the M/T.

OP, it's because your windows iced up and couldn't move, so they won't work on the drivers side control panel or when the door is open, and the lights on the driver side door should slowly flash.

Just roll down the window using the passenger controls, keep holding it until it gets to the bottom, hold for 5 more seconds, roll it up while holding it, and let then hold for 5 seconds. That should reset it.

humfrz 12-11-2013 11:20 PM

Oh.......my......:sigh:

Maybe we should just go back to the cranks ..... they always worked ..... ;)

humfrz

milenko11 12-13-2013 11:46 AM

I literally had the same thing two days ago. I just did the reset and it's working again.

tasinene 12-14-2013 08:10 AM

I dropped mine off this morning for some routine maintenance and noticed the same thing on my way there. Light was flashing, passenger side wouldn't go down with driver control. They'll probable reset it since I mentioned it. Glad to know it's not an electrical issue.

Danny86 12-14-2013 11:23 AM

If you read the owners manual it says how to reset it. What it is, is its a safety precaution. The car thinks there is something jamming the window so that's when it stops moving (blinking light) then to reset you just put the car in the "on" position and hold the button of the affected window up for a few seconds until it completely closes and stops flashing. This happened to me the other day it took a couple of tries to get it right but it works.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk